Stay away from the media, keep hoping

Success

What else can we do?

We have, at least, an informal family here in Buffalo.  I feel pain right now - but I know there are thousands of people right there w/ me.  

Allen is still young, we'll always have a window while he's playing. There is a rich history in sports of great players who kept hitting a wall year after year, until they broke through.

Just keep hoping.  And stay away from the media.  I made the mistake of checking Nick Wright's initial reaction - what a wonderful example of a sore winner.  But it will be a brutal week w/ the ending being a wide right kick.  Just steer clear.  Life is still good. We still have Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

What else can we do?

We have, at least, an informal family here in Buffalo.  I feel pain right now - but I know there are thousands of people right there w/ me.  

Allen is still young, we'll always have a window while he's playing. There is a rich history in sports of great players who kept hitting a wall year after year, until they broke through.

Just keep hoping.  And stay away from the media.  I made the mistake of checking Nick Wright's initial reaction - what a wonderful example of a sore winner.  But it will be a brutal week w/ the ending being a wide right kick.  Just steer clear.  Life is still good. We still have Josh Allen.

Already Uninstalled twitter and need to clean up my searches on YouTube to get the algorithm away from the Bills and NFL.

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

What else can we do?

Agree.  We have a top 3 QB, a good OLine, good running game, Kincaid is great jan be a star, Shakir is really good.  get some new WR’s, get a little younger and meaner on defense 

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

Agree.  We have a top 3 QB, a good OLine, good running game, Kincaid is great jan be a star, Shakir is really good.  get some new WR’s, get a little younger and meaner on defense 

And a coach that can't wait to ruin it, McDermott comes up small in all the big spots.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

What else can we do?

I don’t see how we can have hope with this coach still here though, that’s the problem 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Success said:

What else can we do?

I keep hoping that in this story, Josh is the Peyton Manning, just needing to slay the dragon just once before becoming a legend…and not the Dan Marino/Philip Rivers where a HOF QB is continually let down by the team around him.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Heels20X6 said:

I keep hoping that in this story, Josh is the Peyton Manning, just needing to slay the dragon just once before becoming a legend…and not the Dan Marino/Philip Rivers where a HOF QB is continually let down by the team around him.  

Yeah - same.  We just don't know right now.

Allen is better than Rivers ever was.  But it might not matter.  Seems so hard to even get to a SB right now.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Hope for the best … keep expectations in check ..

That was my problem this year. I started the season with high expectations, like 15-2. By the end of the year I was back to drought era mentality. I can honestly say I’m not all that upset right now. I feel bad for Josh Allen more than anything!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Success said:

What else can we do?

Yeah…. The Allen Mahomes narrative will be painful to listen to.  Tyler Bass and AJ Klein will go down in bills history for this one.  

like I’ve maintained-  so much luck is involved in winning a Super Bowl.  We get none.  Again.  Maybe some day

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’ve been screaming about their ***** WRs since 2022… finally screwed them.

Cmon man … the D screwed them today …same as every other playoff loss

Now that’s not to say they haven’t invested draft and FA money there … but just hasn’t happened for them 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah…. The Allen Mahomes narrative will be painful to listen to.  Tyler Bass and AJ Klein will go down in bills history for this one.  

like I’ve maintained-  so much luck is involved in winning a Super Bowl.  We get none.  Again.  Maybe some day

the weird thing is we got few breaks. Kincaid batting out the fumble. The touchback through the end zone. The fumble recovery on the last drive…

…but then here comes a completely catchable ball dropped by both Sherfield and Diggs…then the missed kick…

Team feels cursed…

• Agree 1

I’ll always have hope, I just believe it will happen…And I’m ok with that…

I come to terms with this being the Bills’ lot in life, and I am at will…

Will still root and cheer on the good times, but I’ve seen enough where it’s impossible to get disappointed anymore…👍

• Agree 1

Cook, Benard, Shakir, Benford, and Spector from 2022,  Kincaid, Torrance, and Williams in 2023  Groot and Brown in 2021 overall is a pretty good building block.  Jury is still out too on Elam and Shorter.

Think they need to do a reset this off season with guys like Poyer, Hyde, Morse, then wait to the following year for Diggs, and Miller. 

Build around Oliver and Allen plus a handful others and the names above.

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’ll always have hope, I just believe it will happen…And I’m ok with that…

I come to terms with this being the Bills’ lot in life, and I am at will…

Will still root and cheer on the good times, but I’ve seen enough where it’s impossible to get disappointed anymore…👍

Agreed.  It didn’t happen this year.  Hopefully the starts will align next year.  

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Cook, Benard, Shakir, Benford, and Spector from 2022,  Kincaid, Torrance, and Williams in 2023  Groot and Brown in 2021 overall is a pretty good building block.  Jury is still out too on Elam and Shorter.

Think they need to do a reset this off season with guys like Poyer, Hyde, Morse, then wait to the following year for Diggs, and Miller. 

Build around Oliver and Allen plus a handful others and the names above.

And Kincaid. Allen and Kincaid are the bills future. Pretty much nobody else (players) really matters in the big picture 

4 hours ago, Success said:

Yeah - same.  We just don't know right now.

Allen is better than Rivers ever was.  But it might not matter.  Seems so hard to even get to a SB right now.

Honestly the way the NFL is, the only shot we have of actually winning a SB will be the year our new stadium opens. Hopefully Kelce & Taylor are out of the picture.  And Joe & Lamar get hurt that year. Then everything will line up for the loveable losers.

10 hours ago, Success said:

What else can we do?

I’m just as mad as everybody else, but I can’t help but think what this team would’ve been like relatively healthy on defense. Guys like Bernard and especially Milano would’ve made a huge difference out there. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.