Divisional Playoffs - Chiefs at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

Bills lack proven playmakers outside of Josh. It’s very evident! Offense scored on ONE drive in the 2nd half as KC adjusted and Brady had no response. 

Crucial drops by Diggs and Sherfield that needed and should have been caught! It’s not debatable. 

DL was flat out embarrassing and it needs a complete overhaul. 

On the last drive they got way too conservative worrying about giving the ball back to KC vs go get a TD and win the game.

I fully believe we need to explore the OC position. Everything is so difficult compared to the other playoff teams. Rarely do our WR’s draw interference or holding calls and struggle to get separation.

MCDermott now 5-6 in the playoffs.  Another good season that wasn’t good enough when it mattered. Not sure if a McDermott led team can get over the mental hump!

Bills HAVE to hit at WR and DE in the upcoming draft. 

Solid game by Josh, Kincaid and Shakir offensively. OL was solid

Disappointing games by the entire DL, Diggs and Bass. Will give Martin a pass as he was obviously injured.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

There were a million reasons why we lost this game.  And Josh willed this team to get as close to victory as we did.  Diggs drop, Sherfield drop, bad 1st down playcalling, defensive struggles, missed kick, etc.

But nothing will sit with me more from this game than the throw to Shakir in the end zone with a wide open Diggs streaking underneath.  Even if we hit that pass and take the lead, you give the chiefs 1:40 and two TOs against a defense that hasn’t really stopped them.  The Diggs pass runs the clock, shortens the kick if needed, but most importantly moves the chains.

Totally heartbroken…

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 9

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If Bass makes the kick, you're giving Mahomes the balls with 1:45 seconds and pretending that you're going to stop him when you've done so once all game. We lost on 3rd down, not 4th.

Sadly one of the few bad Josh plays, Shakir was open for the first. Never looked his way

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chugga said:

There were a million reasons why we lost this game.  And Josh willed this team to get as close to victory as we did.  Diggs drop, Sherfield drop, bad 1st down playcalling, defensive struggles, missed kick, etc.

But nothing will sit with me more from this game than the throw to Shakir in the end zone with a wide open Diggs streaking underneath.  Even if we hit that pass and take the lead, you give the chiefs 1:40 and two TOs against a defense that hasn’t really stopped them.  The Diggs pass runs the clock, shortens the kick if needed, but most importantly moves the chains.

Totally heartbroken…

Yep Allen should have thrown to Diggs. But Allen was the best player on the field tonight. Almost everyone in a Bills uniform didn’t even show up tonight. Josh had no help. As usual. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We trotted out two probable liabilities at kicker and punter and low and behold they both showed up to cost us in humiliating fashion.

What a tragedy. Obviously there's  a lot of other problems, but man... Josh deserves so much better than the effort this front office puts in to surround him with a  championship team.

Edited by Yobogoya!
  • Agree 4

Can't wait for garbage weather in the new stadium to screw us over god knows how many times going forward in the future.

Looking forward to seeing what injury or excuse Diggs has for how worthless he's been lately.

Bass should be cut.

Letting Martin play as injured as he was was a massive mistake.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Might not be a popular take but I am proud of how the team got up off the mat after we were 6-6 and it looked like we might not even make the playoffs.  Still sucks, and, I know, it's championship or bust, but, I can at least look back on that with some happiness.

Edited by Talley56
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The thought of this makes me nauseous.  We really are the San Diego Chargers during Philip Rivers prime at this point.

I never wanted to believe the stories about the Bills never winning anything while their stadium was built on top of an old Native American Burial Ground, but I honestly think this team is just f**king cursed.  There is no way to explain how many times these random things constantly go the other teams way in these type of games.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I just don't undertand why Allen is trying to throw into the endzone with 2 minutes left. That doesn't win you the game. You take the short pass for a FD to Diggs and you work the Chiefs TOs and clock and try to score with about 45 seconds left to take a 4 point lead. 

McDermott should go. I've said it for 2 years. His defense isn't beating any elite QB in the postseason. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

Bills lack proven playmakers outside of Josh. It’s very evident! Offense scored on ONE drive in the 2nd half as KC adjusted and Brady had no response. 

Crucial drops by Diggs and Sherfield that needed and should have been caught! It’s not debatable. 

DL was flat out embarrassing and it needs a complete overhaul. 

On the last drive they got way too conservative worrying about giving the ball back to KC vs go get a TD and win the game.

I fully believe we need to explore the OC position. Everything is so difficult compared to the other playoff teams. Rarely do our WR’s draw interference or holding calls and struggle to get separation.

MCDermott now 5-6 in the playoffs.  Another good season that wasn’t good enough when it mattered. Not sure if a McDermott led team can get over the mental hump!

Bills HAVE to hit at WR and DE in the upcoming draft. 

Solid game by Josh, Kincaid and Shakir offensively. OL was solid

Disappointing games by the entire DL, Diggs and Bass. Will give Martin a pass as he was obviously injured.

Brady did change things up.  Several deep shots were taken.  Allen said they going for the TD.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

JA17 played lights out. He couldnt make one play because chris jones pushed mcgovern into him.

diggs drops a big deep pass. bass misses a big kick. time to do a big re-haul.

Diggs has lost the right to be a Diva.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If Bass makes the kick, you're giving Mahomes the balls with 1:45 seconds and pretending that you're going to stop him when you've done so once all game. We lost on 3rd down, not 4th.

Absolutely a realistic viewpoint. In time, I told my brothers a FG isn't going to cut it. The Bills really needed to score a TD there to likely win the game. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.