Game Thread: Tampa Bay at Detroit - 3 PM NBC

chongli

Just now, dma0034 said:

And then Evans with 2 Huge plays in a row

He lost me my FFB because of a game. I came in 4th place on my side, top 6 team overall made it. 

he did nothing all game except the final drive; had 3 catches for like 60 yards and a TD. 

Lost that matchup by 2.5 points. Fast forward to the end of the season and I was .5 games behind the guy in 3rd place in my division…. Was the highest scoring team every week through the FF Playoffs. Out $375 buy in and $3900 for first place.

Either way, I guess I’m trying to say I am done counting him out regardless of how horrible a game he’s having. 

2 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Explain again to me why Cleveland was so quick to get rid of the only QB to win them a playoff game in Pittsburgh so they could sign Watson and give up 5 1st rd picks? The dude can play and has moxie

Because they are dumb. Mayfield isn't elite but he is good.  With the team they had around him they probably would have made noise.  Instead they chose to make a different kind of noise.  Now they lose resources for a washed scumbag QB instead.  Mayfield got screwed.  Played on a bum throwing shoulder most of his last year there. They threw him out like garbage.

• Agree 1

Pretty incredible this game is tied. Would prefer the Lions win so that if the 49ers do go all the way, at least they might be a bit banged up. Cannot see the Bucs being able to give them much of a fight at all. But I suppose that's what a lot of people said about this game as well.

4 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Should the browns have kept Mayfield?

Could have signed him for 1 year, the whole Watson deal was a huge mistake , knee jerk reaction from a bad owner. 60 40  fan base wanted to keep baker for one more year. Now the Browns are done in cap hell no draft choices. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Explain again to me why Cleveland was so quick to get rid of the only QB to win them a playoff game in Pittsburgh so they could sign Watson and give up 5 1st rd picks? The dude can play and has moxie

I think Baker is now humble and more mature and not a spoiled little brat that he was in Cleveland 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Can we sign Mike Evans this offseason?

He is technically a free agent but I’ll be fairly surprised if Tampa doesn’t bring him back. He’s a legend there. 

Based on matchups I thought the Rams and PAckers were the only NFC teams that could knock out the 49ers. I think the AFC winner will win the Superbowl though. The Ravens, Chiefs and Bills are all better than the 49ers imo

I've been making fun of Baker Mayfield since about 5 minutes after he graduated, but the last couple times I've seen him he's looked pretty damned good.

If this keeps up, the Lions do NOT want to find themselves dealing with him late in a tight game.

2 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Based on matchups I thought the Rams and PAckers were the only NFC teams that could knock out the 49ers. I think the AFC winner will win the Superbowl though. The Ravens, Chiefs and Bills are all better than the 49ers imo

If the 49ers offense clicks, nothing is stopping them. Then the question is which offense could potentially keep up.

Out of those left, at their best, I'd say it's the Bills.

Just now, Simon said:

I've been making fun of Baker Mayfield since about 5 minutes after he graduated, but the last couple times I've seen him he's looked pretty damned good.

If this keeps up, the Lions do NOT want to find themselves dealing with him late in a tight game.

Baker has always been a good, not elite, QB. That Bucs team is absolutely loaded on Offense. I also think if the Browns had Cooper when Baker was there it would have been very beneficial to him

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

I think Baker is now humble and more mature and not a spoiled little brat that he was in Cleveland 

Coach hated him , disliked his attitude, he was entitled in Cleveland, progressive ads ect, and his play regressed. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

Coach hated him , disliked his attitude, he was entitled in Cleveland, progressive ads ect, and his play regressed. 

Think he probably needed the shock of the trade to Carolina, being under McVay from a spell and then at risk of being a back up at best until the Bucs stepped in. Grounded him somewhat.

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If the 49ers offense clicks, nothing is stopping them. Then the question is which offense could potentially keep up.

Out of those left, at their best, I'd say it's the Bills.

We need a legitimate # 1 WR  , Diggs steps in to # 2 add Shakir both of our TE’s and Cook as a threat in a passing game , this offense could be unstoppable 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.