Enjoy This Moment

Bills!Win!

First Bills game in person was the AFC championship against Joe Montana and the Chiefs. Took a Metro with my mom & my brother from North Buffalo to OP and it was awful. Sat in the last row of the stadium and it was freezing. Bruce knocked him out and the Bills went to the SB. It’s time again. LFG!!!

I think as I’ve become older, I put up little walls to prevent the hurt. This run has been nothing short of amazing. We can nit pick a SB contender. This is truly special to do this as an adult. I am so proud of this team and am just going to enjoy this ride.

Feed the Pit!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

in answer to the OP my first thought to "Enjoy this Moment" was don't tell me what to do

LOL

This thread topic is great because I totally concur that we all need to be grateful to  be alive to see the Josh Allen era. I'm pinching myself. I Get It.

my bills buddy Tonto RIP was one of the people I wish could have lived long enough to see this.  Front row seats in heaven hermano xo 

GO BILLS

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

First Bills game in person was the AFC championship against Joe Montana and the Chiefs. Took a Metro with my mom & my brother from North Buffalo to OP and it was awful. Sat in the last row of the stadium and it was freezing. Bruce knocked him out and the Bills went to the SB. It’s time again. LFG!!!

I think as I’ve become older, I put up little walls to prevent the hurt. This run has been nothing short of amazing. We can nit pick a SB contender. This is truly special to do this as an adult. I am so proud of this team and am just going to enjoy this ride.

Feed the Pit!!!!

I was at that game with my Dad, sitting in the endzone. It's the only playoff game I've ever attended and it was raucous. Hoping for similar vibes today.

Go Bills!

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Feed the Pit!!!!

I was there … IIRC it was like 4 degrees, but I recall it being sunny and calm and I found myself shedding layers as I was actually hot in my snowmobile suit 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I've been thinking about it alot this week. This particular team isn't the team I see winning a superbowl. Lots of injuries, under performing wide receivers, lots of ugly wins and losses during the season etc. Then I think, that's exactly the team that'll end up winning it all. We can only hope, but I've been a fan long enough to expect the worst. The thing I hate most about the playoffs is, if the bills lose, that's it, no more until next September, and that sucks. When they were in the drought, we always knew week 17 was the last game. We were always prepared 😅

1 minute ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I was there … IIRC it was like 4 degrees, but I recall it being sunny and calm and I found myself shedding layers as I was actually hot in my snowmobile suit 

I remember being so cold and wishing I was at home. I also remember thinking the Bills were losers because they lost SBs. 

kids are so dumb. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

it was surreal.  These were bottom feeders during the 90's, then suddenly winning.  Add in the Colts also.  It's our turn to become a dynasty!!

The Colts won Super Bowl V, so I omitted them... I DID forget to add the Broncos also!!!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

The first game I went to, Fergy was the QB. OJ was on the team. It was a Monday Night game against the Dolphins. I was like 7. I saw a guy being carried into the stadium, carried by 4 friends, each grabbing a limb. Bills won in convincing fashion. I remember my parents had season tickets for the first year of Rich Stadium. When it was raining out, I went to school in my mom's Bills rain poncho with the standing Buffalo helmet on the front.

All I want is one Super bowl victory. I have a calm feeling about today's game. Buffalo will win today. We will be in Vegas and come home with the Lombardi.

Drac, I don't mean to spoil your memories but, if you have the game correct, the Bills did not win. If OJ really was on the team, the Bills certainly did not win. He was traded to the 49ers prior to the 1978 season and the Bills were '0 for the '70s' against the Dolphins. They only played Miami once on MNF in the '70s (1976) and lost, 30-21. Hopefully, you meant another game.

17 minutes ago, muppy said:

in answer to the OP my first thought to "Enjoy this Moment" was don't tell me what to do

LOL

This thread topic is great because I totally concur that we all need to be grateful to  be alive to see the Josh Allen era. I'm pinching myself. I Get It.

my bills buddy Tonto RIP was one of the people I wish could have lived long enough to see this.  Front row seats in heaven hermano xo 

GO BILLS

Concur, mup. I'm so glad that my two sons, now in their early 20s, get to experience 'The Josh Allen Experience' and to soak in this iteration of the Bills like I got to do in my 20s with Jim Kelly and the Super Bowl era Bills teams. Much like your buddy, I wish my mom, dad, and grandma could have been around to see Josh and this team. These opportunities are fleeting and I may not get to witness another generational talent at QB. I want to experience one Bills Super Bowl win with my loved ones and the good people on this board before it's my time to slip into the great abyss.

GO BILLS!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I want to punch myself in the face, lay naked in the street and scream “what’s the frequency, Kenneth?” All at the same time.

To each his own on how we are handling this monumental moment in Bills history.

Go Blue.  Kick their a**.  Make us proud and euphoric.

So you’re the guy who got high, covered himself in feces, and then fell into the pit. See what you’ve started . . . 

Edited by CSBill

25 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Drac, I don't mean to spoil your memories but, if you have the game correct, the Bills did not win. If OJ really was on the team, the Bills certainly did not win. He was traded to the 49ers prior to the 1978 season and the Bills were '0 for the '70s' against the Dolphins. They only played Miami once on MNF in the '70s (1976) and lost, 30-21. Hopefully, you meant another game.

Concur, mup. I'm so glad that my two sons, now in their early 20s, get to experience 'The Josh Allen Experience' and to soak in this iteration of the Bills like I got to do in my 20s with Jim Kelly and the Super Bowl era Bills teams. Much like your buddy, I wish my mom, dad, and grandma could have been around to see Josh and this team. These opportunities are fleeting and I may not get to witness another generational talent at QB. I want to experience one Bills Super Bowl win with my loved ones and the good people on this board before it's my time to slip into the great abyss.

GO BILLS!!!

What I definitely remember is, that the Bills won, and the guy was carried into the stadium. He was literally unconscious, but he didn't miss the game. I'm probably wrong about OJ being on the team. It was early in the season, like the 3rd game. It was clear skies and a full moon. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

I spent 2001-2017 (ages 9-26) rooting for an abysmal Bills team who would always let us down. It was a yearly tradition to see ourselves “In The Hunt” at Christmas time.

Year after year I had to watch undeserving fan bases like the Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Giants and Eagles make deep runs. As exciting as football was in my youth, I missed out on the Bills playoff experience. I always heard about the 90’s and Rich Stadium and how it was the ultimate home field advantage. 

The only time the Bills made the playoffs was when I played Madden. As I played I always imagined in my mind what it would feel like to host a playoff game and who that franchise quarterback would be and what he would look like. 

Enjoy what we have. We may only ever win 1 Super Bowl in Allen’s career and who knows, it could be Elway-esque. Nothing is guaranteed. We have our ups and downs but I’d take this season over any of those drought seasons. So when you want to complain about the coaches or some other minor problem, just take a moment to reflect on where we came from and appreciate what we have 

Someday we are going to look back at these years as the Good Old Days. 

Go Bills

I'm sorry I need 1. Just 1 I'm not greedy. If this organization can't win 1 with a talent like Allen I fear it never will. Guys like Allen and Diggs need 1 I think to cement thier legacy. Winning 1 here would be like winning 2 somewhere else. And all but guarantee thier gold jackets.

14 minutes ago, Draconator said:

What I definitely remember is, that the Bills won, and the guy was carried into the stadium. He was literally unconscious, but he didn't miss the game. I'm probably wrong about OJ being on the team. It was early in the season, like the 3rd game. It was clear skies and a full moon. 

Werewolf memories are notoriously unreliable.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Draconator said:

So, if the game was a win and in the '70s, then you either saw the Chiefs in 1973 (very topical considering the opponent today) or the Raiders in 1974 (the Ahmad Rashad game). Those '70s teams were pretty sad with winning records in only '73, '74 (playoffs), & '75 and only 7 MNF appearances (2-5 record). That decade was my indoctrination into the Bills as a little kid. The kids today have it much easier with these Bills. 😁

• Agree 1

I think we are all enjoying this moment!

GO BILLS!!!

2 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I was there as well.  I had just recovered from a nasty flu that had me watching the previous week’s freezing game against the Raiders in my room amid a pile of blankets in some weird fever dream.  That day against the Chiefs was the first day I felt well enough to do anything, and I just powered through it on adrenaline because I was NOT missing it.  I relapsed almost immediately for another week or so after that, but it was worth it!

5 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I’ll enjoy it when they finally get over the top. I’m not interested in settling for a playoff team that never wins a title. 

The drought doesn’t change the goal because we’re contenders. Win the damn thing. 

Yeah. I mean, what did we really accomplish if we win today but go on to lose in Baltimore? The bar is higher imo. It's SB or bust. 

That may seem negative. I'm sorry. My standards are higher than getting pumped over the possibility of winning a divisional playoff win. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Yeah. I mean, what did we really accomplish if we win today but go on to lose in Baltimore? The bar is higher imo. It's SB or bust. 

That may seem negative. I'm sorry. My standards are higher than getting pumped over the possibility of winning a divisional playoff win. 

Or you could learn to live in the moment and enjoy life as it comes. 

7 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

I spent 2001-2017 (ages 9-26) rooting for an abysmal Bills team who would always let us down. It was a yearly tradition to see ourselves “In The Hunt” at Christmas time.

Year after year I had to watch undeserving fan bases like the Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Giants and Eagles make deep runs. As exciting as football was in my youth, I missed out on the Bills playoff experience. I always heard about the 90’s and Rich Stadium and how it was the ultimate home field advantage. 

The only time the Bills made the playoffs was when I played Madden. As I played I always imagined in my mind what it would feel like to host a playoff game and who that franchise quarterback would be and what he would look like. 

Enjoy what we have. We may only ever win 1 Super Bowl in Allen’s career and who knows, it could be Elway-esque. Nothing is guaranteed. We have our ups and downs but I’d take this season over any of those drought seasons. So when you want to complain about the coaches or some other minor problem, just take a moment to reflect on where we came from and appreciate what we have 

Someday we are going to look back at these years as the Good Old Days. 

Go Bills

I say it all the time. Don't piss and moan too much. In 20-30 years you'll be telling your grandkids how you saw the REAL GOAT Josh Allen play. This is the golden age of the Bills, right now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.