This is why our team is in good hands

Buffalo716

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Agreed,

However,  if the Bills lose Sunday, most of the crazies on this board will be calling for McD's head within 10 minutes.   the vitriol will be sprewing everywhere.

write it down. 

You wouldnt fire him if he pulled another 13 seconds?

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Agreed,

However,  if the Bills lose Sunday, most of the crazies on this board will be calling for McD's head within 10 minutes.   the vitriol will be sprewing everywhere.

write it down. 

Maybe so, but I'd say it all depends on how we lose.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

100% agree.  Whaley may have been handling the phone calls but it's very clear McDermott was running the Draft.   Pretty sure McDermott only came here if Whaley was on his way out.  

Yep.  Teams typically don't fire people with knowledge of their draft board until after the draft is over.  Whaley was just holding the seat warm by that point.

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Spend 18 minutes of your day to listen to Dion Dawkins talk

When a lot of people were putting him down in the offseason...

This man is a true professional.. a humble human being.. wise... A great person... And a tremendous football player

He always gets better as the year goes on which is the Hallmark of a true professional player... Tons start hot and end soft

Dion always plays his best late in the year

And the way he speaks and his outlook on life is tremendous which I put to Sean McDermott in drafting him

He truly is an amazing person and I'm thankful he is a Buffalo Bill

Go Bills

Well Said!!👍

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

They is no reason why we should lose this game, none!

KC is both weak contrasted with prior seasons and overrated.  We are at home.  They're 0-1 against playoff teams on the road, having lost to GB 27-19.  

We can cross that bridge once we get there, but one single Divisional round win in 6 seasons when you have Josh Allen definitely invites questioning at the absolute minimum.  

Having pointed that out, GO BILLS!!!  

What about the fact we might be down our 3 starting corners, four best linebackers and our best dime? 

The back seven is decimated.

If the Bills had the defense that started at Miami I'd agree there is no reason for them to lose this game. But when we might have Klein, Williams and Lewis at the second level of our defense against Pacheco and Kelce? It is like our weakness plays right into their strength. 

That doesn't mean we will lose. But if we do I think it is likely because the Chiefs abuse that depleted back 7.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

i don't want this to be our super bowl though

Exactly....regarding Dion he's absolutely amazing. Such an incredible articulate leader. This game always exhausts both teams. The winner usually loses the next week.  We gotta survive this game with no further injuries.  And hopefully leave enough left in the tank for an AFCCG.  Win that and you have extra time to recover. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Agreed,

write it down. 

Not that difficult to predict.

We have seen that reaction after every loss this season.

Edited by longtimebillsfan

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

If we hadn't accumulated so many injuries, I'd agree.  But we did.

I'm worried. And wasn't till we lost Bernard and the others.

And KC has gotten better the last two games. 

This isn't the easy game it looked to be before the Steelers game.

We have almost no significant injuries on offense.  And our DL is just fine.  

We're talking about scoring on KC.  

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Agreed,

write it down. 

But there is a pretty solid argument for that. Some of you act like there's no nuance there.

If we lose, McD will be 5-6 in the postseason overall and 0-3 vs the Chiefs including a home game against the weakest version of them we may see for a long time and one of those being a direct chokejob from him personally, assuming that doesn't happen again in Meeting 3. And 3 straight years of Divisional Round exits since hitting the apex back in 2020-21. 

It's not crazy...it's pretty logical. That would be a very disappointing body of work with an elite QB. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, BlazinBill said:

I just read on here the other day Dion was good and all but then instantly someone stated something about how back mid season he was a little hard on the "fans" because he stated some things regarding fan relationships.

He did and he wasn't wrong- when the Bills win they can do no wrong - as soon as something bad happens the wagon gets pretty empty and mud slinging occurs- Loyalty - what's that?

Greatest fans no doubt but definitely a lot appear to be just around for the good times.

Go Bills!

BILLIEVE 

This is nonsense. This team had tons of support when they didn't make the playoffs for almost two decades.

Being a loyal fan doesn't mean you have to be a homer doofus who never criticizes anything.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, BlazinBill said:

Well we all have differing perspectives- I take no issue with that- some may have expressed concerns and some may of come unglued and just spiral when in a slump and just rag and bash on everything - all approaches are accepted by me. I just feel differently about how to approach and at the same time realize all perspectives are uniquely tied to the individuals experience. Simply follow along what people post in game in the moment 

With that said if you can really tell me the majority posters were concerned I don't know if I agree is all- 

"Jumping off the wagon" suggests that a "bandwagon fan" is no longer rooting for or supporting a team. I'm not suggesting that all people behaved sanely... I'm not suggesting that I behaved sanely... and I'm not suggesting that there weren't a few people who actually did "jump off the wagon", but I don't think that was the general reaction.

I'm typically fairly level-headed, but after that Denver loss and then the Eagles loss, I was... and may still be, depending on the results moving forward... on board with coaching changes. Others had stronger points of view... expressed with varying degrees of negativity and sanity. You may call my and other's points of view irrational, wrong, etc... and you may make points that some consider valid... but at the end of the day it is in no way indicative of me or others jumping off the wagon.

Now, if it was one of the classic "I'm soooo done with this team" posts and the person meant it, then, yes, there would appear to be a new open seat on the wagon.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What about the fact we might be down our 3 starting corners, four best linebackers and our best dime? 

The back seven is decimated.

If the Bills had the defense that started at Miami I'd agree there is no reason for them to lose this game. But when we might have Klein, Williams and Lewis at the second level of our defense against Pacheco and Kelce? It is like our weakness plays right into their strength. 

That doesn't mean we will lose. But if we do I think it is likely because the Chiefs abuse that depleted back 7.

Once again, they're a .500 team that has beaten one and only one playoff team all season, Miami, which again, probably says more about Miami than it does about KC.   We appear to be notably better than Miami.  

And once again, we're talking about our offense, not our back-7,  the latter part of which has been injured to one extent or another for two seasons now.   Poyer and Hyde are both fine, so I'm not sure I'd say decimated.  And yes, we might be down our 3 starting CBs, but that's doubtful as they're all listed as Questionable.  

Either way, that has nothing to do with whether we produce a balanced offensive game-plan or not.  

Sorry, but relying on a defense, at pretty much full strength, that allowed 24 points to a team led by a 7th-round rookie QB draftee in his third, and only second consecutive start, at home, in the snow and cold, and 27 points, 30 1st-Downs, and 412 yards the following week to a team featuring an backup OL, doesn't appear to be a wise thing to do, particularly when that same defense has worse season metrics than that prior defense.  

Offense will determine this game for us.  If all we can do is muster 14 offensive and need STs or D TDs to win this, then good luck to us.  

Having said that, hopefully Brady has come up with something a little more creative than merely allowing Josh to ad hoc everything and we'll produce a balanced attack with 150 plus in the rushing category against the league's 17th ranked yardage rushing D and 24th ranked yards-per-carry rushing D.  

Many of these discussions go on as if KC has no weaknesses.  They have plenty, to be exploited by those knowing how to do so, this season.  

To start, their rush D sucks.  Their WRs suck with the exception of the developing rookie Rice, Kelce's play has clearly diminished as should have been expected at his age of 34.  

The home crowd is going to be raucous and IMO the harshest yet for an opponent.  It's difficult to envision many Chiefs fans in attendance either.  

It's tough to envision them scoring much despite a few injured players that also might all play.  Against playoff teams during the entire season, the Chiefs have put up 14 & 26 offensive against Miami, 20 against Detroit, 17 against Philly, and 19 against Green Bay, and 17 against us.  That's an average of 19 PPG against playoff caliber competition, and of those defenses, we have the best, and it's hardly as if the others are barking up our rear in the rankings.  26, 20, 19, 17, 17, and 14.  

Philly has the 30th ranked scoring D, Detroit the 23rd, Miami the 22nd, Green Bay the 10th, and us the 4th.  

IOW, if we allow more than 20 points at home, with Mahomes having a difficult time hearing himself much less his team hearing him, and if we ourselves cannot put up at least that 20, then expect a fully justifiable cascade of criticism.  

Having said that, I expect our O to put up that 30+ in this game and KC to get sent home unceremoniously packing.  

GO BILLS!!!

7 hours ago, BlazinBill said:

I just read on here the other day Dion was good and all but then instantly someone stated something about how back mid season he was a little hard on the "fans" because he stated some things regarding fan relationships.

He did and he wasn't wrong- when the Bills win they can do no wrong - as soon as something bad happens the wagon gets pretty empty and mud slinging occurs- Loyalty - what's that?

Greatest fans no doubt but definitely a lot appear to be just around for the good times.

Go Bills!

BILLIEVE 

pretty sure our stadium was packed during the drought years.  Dawkins was wrong for posting that stuff, IMO.  Doesn't make him a bad guy, but a mistake nonetheless.  

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

If we hadn't accumulated so many injuries, I'd agree.  But we did.

I'm worried. And wasn't till we lost Bernard and the others.

And KC has gotten better the last two games. 

This isn't the easy game it looked to be before the Steelers game.

If we struggled to put away the Jake browning led bengals for 3.5 quarters there’d be a huge panic around here.  Since it’s our opponent though it’s a great performance that’s supposed to scare us 😂.  

they have really struggled getting the ball in the end zone the last two games the starters played.  1TD and 6 fgs against the bengals which kept it close all game,  2tds and 4fgs against Miami.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.