Terry Pegula sends a message to Bills fans

Einstein

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t think we would have to worry about crowd noise here. I think we’d be a lot like New Orleans. That place is nuts and intimidating.

Yeah...well, when half the people are there because it's free air conditioning that they don't have  and get to watch a game as a bonus, I can see why.

Keeps them away from all them gators too. Louisiana has more of them than Florida.

Edited by Big Turk

39 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

Most, if but all cold weather teams have fans shovel out the stadium and if guess off without a hitch.  Unfortunately, the snow didn't end untill a few hours before kickoff and there was this pesky travel ban in place so almost nobody could get to the stadium...it was a number of things all coming together at once that caused what happened in the stadium yesterday.

In my section, at least, everyone pitched in to clear the snow as we came in.

Also, that was a lot of snow, with a lot of moisture.  Melting all of that would have caused huge puddles if water.  Not only is that the worst for keeping feet warm, but in temps like we had yesterday, the stadium would have become a skating rink for drunk people which, while fun to watch, is a huge liability for the Bills...

Good points!

39 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

Most, if but all cold weather teams have fans shovel out the stadium and if guess off without a hitch.  Unfortunately, the snow didn't end untill a few hours before kickoff and there was this pesky travel ban in place so almost nobody could get to the stadium...it was a number of things all coming together at once that caused what happened in the stadium yesterday.

In my section, at least, everyone pitched in to clear the snow as we came in.

Also, that was a lot of snow, with a lot of moisture.  Melting all of that would have caused huge puddles if water.  Not only is that the worst for keeping feet warm, but in temps like we had yesterday, the stadium would have become a skating rink for drunk people which, while fun to watch, is a huge liability for the Bills...

Good points!

2 hours ago, spartan19 said:

I wish he would have appreciated us enough to help with the shuttle busses back to McKinley Mall.  Total crap show, drivers didn't know where pickup was after the game.  We were told to go to Gate 2, which was wrong, then sent between Gates 4 and 5.  Nobody knew of the shuttles over there, so people were stranded.  I ended up walking the 50 minutes with my son in less than ideal conditions.  I'm not sure how the shuttles could have been run any poorer than they were.  Not a good look for a billion dollar franchise.

Back in my day we weren’t so whiny 

Appreciate the sentiment, Terry.

I loved being there.  Absolute poop show on the stands, but happy I was there!

Gotta be a bit critical though. Sit on the end and spent most of the game grabbing peoples hands and arms helping them up the stairs, passing them off to the guy behind me.  Bunch of people with canes who barely could make it up. Bunch of people 2-3 fisting drinks and just falling all over.  Got smacked a dozen or so time by idiots who chose to slide on their butts rather than navigate the steps.  

They had to do a better job with the steps. Dangerous. Many people fell, a buch pretty hard.  I get the amount of snow, but dang…multi billion dollar business and you can’t afford to hire a crew to come in and do a better job?

All right, I’ll get off my old guy soapbox….😎

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

GD_Cg7MWwAA72SL?format=jpg&name=large

How dare he!!!

10 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Gotta be a bit critical though. Sit on the end and spent most of the game grabbing peoples hands and arms helping them up the stairs, passing them off to the guy behind me.  Bunch of people with canes who barely could make it up. Bunch of people 2-3 fisting drinks and just falling all over.  Got smacked a dozen or so time by idiots who chose to slide on their butts rather than navigate the steps.  

They had to do a better job with the steps. Dangerous. Many people fell, a buch pretty hard.  I get the amount of snow, but dang…multi billion dollar business and you can’t afford to hire a crew to come in and do a better job?

Everyone said they should have done a better job, but was that even possible? How do you move feet of snow from hundreds of rows in 12 hours? We're lucky this game wasn't played in Atlanta and should pray they clear the next lake snow blast in time 

Pegs is a great owner. We need it long-term.

He's 72, life expectancy is 77. I hope his estate transfers ownership to his children--other NFL owners have tried and failed to keep their teams in the family. Estate Tax is a B word.

Edited by boater

32 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

No, and yes, ,although I do know several millionaires, same applies, no one and I mean no one becomes a billionaire without Fuh king someone or some community over, it’s just what it is, to think otherwise is totally naive. So as I said above…, 

Ouch….if you say so. 🙄

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Yes, it was treacherous in the 300s.  The stairs were a death trap.  A few of the many folks that fell shook the entire concrete structure.  They may want to do an integrity study on the upper deck again, it may be compromised.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, saundena said:

Having an open stadium presents logistical challenges when the weather turns, but overall I still say it is a competitive advantage as long as we have a QB like Josh.  Tell me that if we beat the chiefs and the the Texans knock off the Ravens, that paying a warm weather dome team in Orchard Park doesn't get you excited.  If that scenario plays out, it's a huge Buffalo advantage.

The issue with a dome is it wouldn't prevent cancellations or moving games, it would only be a comfort thing.

The only thing that would prevent that is a dome over all of WNY. Good luck with that.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How dare he!!!

Everyone said they should have done a better job, but was that even possible? How do you move feet of snow from hundreds of rows in 12 hours? We're lucky this game wasn't played in Atlanta and should pray they clear the next lake snow blast in time 

I heard an idea on WGR of hiring a snow removal service. 

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How dare he!!!

Send crews during the game and clean as much as possible on the steps.

My sections usher is awesome!  Super great dude! Dude struggled to shovel a little, then they sent him up with a full bag of salt and he tried his hardest, but couldn’t do it by himself.

I got there was a lot of snow and not a lot of time. But hire a large enough crew and you can get almost anything done.

5 minutes ago, boater said:

Pegs is a great owner. We need it long-term.

He's 72, life expectancy is 77. I hope his estate transfers ownership to his children--other NFL owners have tried and failed to keep their teams in the family. Estate Tax is a B word.

Life expectancy is affected by life style and medical care.   I am sure he gets great medical care and has family to remind him to take care of himself.

5 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Yes, it was treacherous in the 300s.  The stairs were a death trap.  A few of the many folks that fell shook the entire concrete structure.  They may want to do an integrity study on the upper deck again, it may be compromised.

Yep. Felt it several times. Then they did something one the scoreboard about dancing in your seats!  Shook a bit more than I liked! 😆

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.