Kaiir’s game

Ya Digg?

26 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

For those of you that wanted him traded for anything earlier this year, how’s that 6th round pick and bag of footballs you wanted looking right now?

C'mon... the fact even you think he'd only garner a 6th round pick speaks VOLUMES.

He was a 1st round pick just last year! To think he'd only attract a 6th tells you just how much he's under performed, and in such a short amount of time.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Seriously? How much faith has the team had in him this year?  They wouldn’t even dress until too many injuries forced them to. 

come on! 

I read somewhere that he was bothered by an ankle injury. 

9 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

C'mon... the fact even you think he'd only garner a 6th round pick speaks VOLUMES.

He was a 1st round pick just last year! To think he'd only attract a 6th tells you just how much he's under performed, and in such a short amount of time.

Under performed?? He wasn't playing!! Coach's decision or injury related. When thrust into duty, he has produced. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Think about how long that ridiculous thread was about trading him. People were willing to accept such little

return just to get rid of him. There were many who said they would take a 6th just so he wasn’t on the team any more. That’s why they aren’t GMs, they would be out of a job so fast 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Under performed?? He wasn't playing!! Coach's decision or injury related. When thrust into duty, he has produced. 

Are you saying he hasn't played a single game since he was drafted? I was talking about his career up until this point. Me saying "under performed" was being generous. If you think a CB drafted in the 1st round just last year would only net you a 6th round pick by this year's trade deadline, he MASSIVELY under performed.

Even if he had sat on the bench the entire time, most teams would think a 1st round talent, only 1 year removed from being drafted, would be worth more than a 6th.

Elam is still lost out there. A opponent not throwing his way is a major fail on any offense. I watched him on a play where Pittsburgh runs a left WR on a skinny post route, and runs another guy to the left flat. Elam turns around and chases the deep guy even though the safety is all over that WR, and Rudolph is NEVER GOING TO MAKE THAT THROW. So the ball goes to the flat, Elam spins around and can’t make the tackle in space. 

His pick came in close quarters with nothing else for Elam to do but defend it. However. He looked super athletic turning around that quickly AND catching the ball. Give him that. 

He's no first round pick. This was a bad bad draft pick. 

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

Elam is still lost out there. A opponent not throwing his way is a major fail on any offense. I watched him on a play where Pittsburgh runs a left WR on a skinny post route, and runs another guy to the left flat. Elam turns around and chases the deep guy even though the safety is all over that WR, and Rudolph is NEVER GOING TO MAKE THAT THROW. So the ball goes to the flat, Elam spins around and can’t make the tackle in space. 

His pick came in close quarters with nothing else for Elam to do but defend it. However. He looked super athletic turning around that quickly AND catching the ball. Give him that. 

He's no first round pick. This was a bad bad draft pick. 

You can’t spell playoffs without the world play. Elam is a playmaker who has displayed elite talent in spot duty. Quick reaction skills. The guy has two EZ picks in limited action. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

You can’t spell playoffs without the world play. Elam is a playmaker who has displayed elite talent in spot duty. Quick reaction skills. The guy has two EZ picks in limited action. 

Im a little concerned vs Mahomes. 

10 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

do any of the other DBs have as many career playoff INTs as a Bill?

I don’t think so. Ed Reed & Ronnie Lott have the all-time lead with 9. It’s not crazy to think a 22 year old with 2 already could end up getting 8 more for the NFL all-time lead. Thats elite level play in spot duty.

I thought he played alright. Saved a TD by taking a penalty, then took away any points by the pick. When he got ran over by the TE if he went in too fast there is a possibility he misses the tackle and gives up more yards. He stopped a good 3 yards in front of the sticks to make sure he didn’t miss, he just got ran the ***** over. Rather that then a missed tackle pursuing too fast. 

He is capable of making the occasional great play … unfortunately, he’s more than capable of breaking your heart with bone headed penalties and poor positioning.  I’d rather have a consistent, dependable guy at the position. That said, he’s all we’ve got so cross your fingers and toes and hope for the best

10 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I think you've got it now...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.