Kaiir’s game

Ya Digg?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

No I don't think it is. I think it is physical. I think his long limbs hurt him. He just looks awkward each time he tries to transition he is often late not becauee he diagnosed late but because he couldn't transition from drop to close quickly enough.

then a poor draft pick it is ?

His ability to turn quickly, spot the ball, and make a play on it is very impressive. Many receivers don’t seem to process in progress passes that well, and they know it’s coming 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

He might be the softest defensive player I have every seen.

This guy wants nothing to do with contact

I cannot remember which poster, but somebody on here was adamant leading up to the draft that KE was a terrible tackler and contact-shy.  Gunner was big on Andrew Booth but in the days before the draft it was leaked out that Booth was a medical disaster area; then the Chiefs jumped ahead for McDuffie and we drafted Elam (for need) despite that poster's protestations.   

I believe I saw last night some of what that poster had seen at Florida.

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Rewatching the game, Cam Lewis didn't want much to do with contact either

Cam Lewis gave my son his padded sleeve after the game so I was right next to him.

I looked at him being about the same size as me saying "how in the hell are you tackling someone like Travis Kelce or Derrick Henry?"

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I agree with you that most of the time Elam is grabby because he's been toasted, but McDermott was explicitly asked about a DPI on someone who was beaten during the Dolphins game (may have been Benford) and he specifically said that a DPI is better than giving up a TD.  So read between the lines there.

You're giving Elam too much credit.  He gets burned routinely--the the point McD wouldn't play him most of the year.  To say he is trained to grab a guy--I think he simply grabbed the guy since he walked passed Elam.  It's not like he doesn't do the same thing at midfield...

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

He might be the softest defensive player I have every seen.

This guy wants nothing to do with contact

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Deion Sanders? 

Damn, beat me to it…..by like 2 hours 

• Haha (+1) 1

If anyone needs to eat crow on Elam, it's me.

I'm not convinced he's any good just yet, but he made an awesome play yesterday.

Then again, that's how I remember his rookie season too. Getting picked on a lot, even when he's lined up in man coverage (which is supposedly his strong suit), but will occasionally snag an INT in a big moment.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You're giving Elam too much credit.  He gets burned routinely--the the point McD wouldn't play him most of the year.  To say he is trained to grab a guy--I think he simply grabbed the guy since he walked passed Elam.  It's not like he doesn't do the same thing at midfield...

There was better play ahead of him. Nothing wrong with that... Need him for the foreseeable future... Maybe have some faith in him like the team?

Just now, BBFL said:

There was better play ahead of him. Nothing wrong with that... Need him for the foreseeable future... Maybe have some faith in him like the team?

Seriously? How much faith has the team had in him this year?  They wouldn’t even dress until too many injuries forced them to. 

come on! 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Seriously? How much faith has the team had in him this year?  They wouldn’t even dress until too many injuries forced them to. 

come on! 

🤦‍♂️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.