Wildcard round - Steelers Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

4 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Was there ever an explanation on why the second play we challenged wasn’t a fumble? 

Boomer Esiason feels the same way. 

To a finer point, the refs should be very clear when they call something out of bounds — what part of the body was out of bounds and what part of the body touched the ball. And that’s what they should check on in the replay. The whole process should be completely transparent. We should hear those conversations. Can’t think of one reason why we shouldn’t.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

To a finer point, the refs should be very clear when they call something out of bounds — what part of the body was out of bounds and what part of the body touched the ball. And that’s what they should check on in the replay. The whole process should be completely transparent. We should hear those conversations. Can’t think of one reason why we shouldn’t.. 

Completely agree. 

They don’t want us to hear, “it would help keep the game competitive if we find a way for this call to stand.”

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, vincec said:

They thought the ball grazed the TEs helmet while he was out-of-bounds. Therefore, it’s OOB.

this still drives me nuts.

if he went out of bounds and then touched the ball first there should have been a flag for illegal touching.

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I'm confused too. So you don't have to even recover a fumble if some part of your body is OOB and you touch it?! In this specific instance, if the Steeler wouldn't have touched the ball, could a Bill been OOB, just touched the ball and not secured it, and the Bills would have taken possession? Makes no sense.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

this still drives me nuts.

if he went out of bounds and then touched the ball first there should have been a flag for illegal touching.

I’m not following. He caught the ball legally, fumbled, then the ball bounced into his helmet after he fell out of bounds (according to the refs). Illegal touching would be if he stepped OOB before he caught it.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

WTF?  I didnt even catch this.  Dirty ass mf.

Tackled the wrong guy. 😂 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Is Cam Lewis even the primary backup slot CB? He played safety last year.

Harty had a great catch and run this game. Idk how we can get him the ball in space, but he can sure run away from guys.

Cam beat out Siran Neal for the spot.  I have to agree with that.

30 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

This is great news - prob won't be avail next week, but maybe if they keep going he could be avail later.  When he first went down and was grabbing lower leg the first thing I thought was Achilles 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

Completely agree. 

They don’t want us to hear, “it would help keep the game competitive if we find a way for this call to stand.”

We’re on the same page with that. There should be a congressional hearing to squash the BS. ….Right after Congress convinces our kicker to kick the ball higher than the prerequisite ten feet off the ground. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

I’m not following. He caught the ball legally, fumbled, then the ball bounced into his helmet after he fell out of bounds (according to the refs). Illegal touching would be if he stepped OOB before he caught it.

Tackled the wrong guy. 😂 

If he went out of bounds, if any part of his body was out of bounds he can not be the first person to touch the ball before re-establishing himself in bounds...

hasn't that always been the rule.  You can not go out of bounds and then be the first to touch the ball.  Its the same as catching it after being oob the way the rule is written.  Hasn't this been called a bunch of times on guys trying to recover fumbles and being the first to touch the ball after stepping out of bounds?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

This is great news - prob won't be avail next week, but maybe if they keep going he could be avail later.  When he first went down and was grabbing lower leg the first thing I thought was Achilles 

Thought he blew his knee the way his foot stuck into the turf. This is way better than any of that. 🤞

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills Bud said:

It was clearly pass interference on the last meaningful possession for Pittsburgh plus that hit on Allen was soft and don’t deserve a penalty 

I don't understand what makes a person go to another team's message board just to be a jerk.

It's really kinda sad when you think about it.

Go hug your kids, go for a walk, or read a good book.  Life is too short.

• Like (+1) 2

Josh Allen, supreme ruler.

Shakir

Cook

Kincaid

Ty Johnson

Even Harty and Knox sprinkled in.

Defensively they found a way to patch work over the injuries and still held them to 17.

And yes, half the game I felt like we were losing by 10 😂

Great game. Offense is picking up, Allen is dealing and taking over when he needs to. Hope Brady will open up the playbook a bit on first down especially in the second half. 

Couldn’t ask for a better game and match up AT HOME next week. Injuries are a bummer and definitely will play a role, but they can’t be the focal point.

At the end of the day, they’re moving on (despite the FG team trying to keep the Steelers in the game) and we get to play a home divisional round vs our arch nemesis for a chance at the conference championship. 

6-6 to this. McDermott deserves a ton of credit. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

The only reason the 2nd call was overturned is because they blew the 1st call.   They were saving face, and anyone watching the game knew that was a fumble.   Generally when someone has to explain something its because they are feeding you a load of crap. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm worried that on a short week Bills Mafia isn't going to have enough time to rest their vocal cords for next week.

I took tomorrow off so I can get those vocal cords rested

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.