Wild card round - Steelers @ Bills - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, HappyDays said:

It is just poor game management. We don't get the clock down to the 2 minute warning. Then in a game we're already winning by 3 TDs we send out our shaky kicker in windy conditions and ask the worst unit on our team to execute... Just punt and put the Steelers in a 2 minute drill with the whole field to go. That is smart coaching.

Exactly, how many times can we shoot ourselves in the foot with poor decisions?

Just now, Rew said:

I probably would have gone for it, but don't hate the call.  We're going to have to count on Bass in the off-season, and that was a good low pressure opportunity to see how you're feeling about him.  Can't let result dictate assessment of the decision.

I don't disagree necessarily... I just thought at that point, Josh had just missed the throw to Diggs... It's 7 yards...Or you play it safe up 21. I don't want to kill McD over it, I just thought at the time, why? Plus Martin has been decent pinning teams deep this year. But it is what it is. Bad break...

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

It’s really embarrassing hearing so many people bitching and moaning. Fans have so little respect for the talent on this team and the HC. 

The talent on this team is unbelievable! We have the best team in football and the best QB on the planet BUT our coaches lack situational awareness. 2nd and 7 a little over 2 minutes left in Pittsburgh territory. YOU RUN THE BALL! It gets down to 2 minutes and then at worst it’s 3rd and 5 and we get them to burn a timeout and kick a FG. Just awful decision making and it’s the biggest reason every game is a nail bitter when it doesn’t have to be 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Ralonzo said:

That was the failure, and it was Brady's failure in game management rather than McD for a change.

Why Brady?  Doesn't the HC tell th OC about clock management issues?  I'd think McD would be on the line to Brady telling him to run the clock.