Is anyone else a little frustrated by having to explain Lake Effect Snow to non WNYers?

Beck Water

No, the fact that some idiot posted a video showing light snow in some part of the Buffalo area does not mean the winter storm is “fake news” or that there isn’t real and sound public safety reason for a driving ban

Yes, “Lake effect snow” is a known and common phenomenon in Western New York.  School kids grow up knowing all about it.

Yes, it shows up very well on radar.  Heavy snow in one location and almost no snow a few miles away

Apparently I’m not alone:

Eric Wood started here, and basically ended telling people to “come see him” LOL

https://twitter.com/EWood70/status/1746242981999337816

I just hope Josh Allen opened his gate so it didn’t freeze shut or get snowed in, and I hope we don’t need Squirrel Winter’s QB Delivery Service

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I'm not a person over there or who's ever lived there, so I just get my info vicariously through you guys and even I thought it was dumb and annoying. 

But I also kind of loved it, go a ***** head and call Buffalo soft and pour gasoline on the fire for this team that ***** lived there through a blizzard that killed almost 50 ***** people and see what it ***** gets you.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I have a lot of empathy for humanity in general, but so many people are morons.

It doesn't surprise me that most people have never heard of "Lake Effect Snow" but it disappoints me how (willingly) obtuse so many of them can be even after hearing the explanation. 

Edited by Punch
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I peeked in on Chiefs Planet message board and most of the sister-lickers over there are calling us wusses (and worse) because of the  postponement.  Man, I hate Chiefs fans.

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

But I also kind of loved it, go a ***** head and call Buffalo soft and pour gasoline on the fire for this team that ***** lived there through a blizzard that killed almost 50 ***** people and see what it ***** gets you.

This. If the boys can use it and come out as the more physical team, then the game is going to be a lot of fun for us

The chiefs part is most annoying to me though....as if we didn't put up the "perfect game" two years ago when it was like zero degrees in the playoffs 

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

No, the fact that some idiot posted a video showing light snow in some part of the Buffalo area does not mean the winter storm is “fake news” or that there isn’t real and sound public safety reason for a driving ban

Yes, “Lake effect snow” is a known and common phenomenon in Western New York.  School kids grow up knowing all about it.

Yes, it shows up very well on radar.  Heavy snow in one location and almost no snow a few miles away

Apparently I’m not alone:

Eric Wood started here, and basically ended telling people to “come see him” LOL

https://twitter.com/EWood70/status/1746242981999337816

I just hope Josh Allen opened his gate so it didn’t freeze shut or get snowed in, and I hope we don’t need Squirrel Winter’s QB Delivery Service

Tweeter is for twits even if they rename it X. 

I am sure Josh's neighbors will bail him out as they did the Bills last time Bills were snowed in.

A relative of mine carried a Bills player on his snowmobile to stadium.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.