The template against the Chiefs

Wizard

I'm amazed at how many of you are seemingly just looking past the steelers like this team didn't struggle mightily in the regular season. 

Sure, if we dominated every team in that last 5 game stretch, I could see some "looking ahead". But they didn't... they had arguably 1 solid game out of the 5. They tend to let lesser teams hang around too long

With that being said... SHOULD the Bills advance... man it would be sweet to send the swifties home crying for once. 

Edited by Conlan58

The Bills D is much better than the Dolphins D, particularly with all the injuries the Dolphins have had.  And Miami shut down the Chiefs in the red zone and made life generally difficult for the Chiefs.  You'll recall the Bills beat the Chiefs in KC a few weeks ago.  Now maybe the extra days Reid has to scheme up Bills beating strategies will be important, but the Bills coaches are no dummies either.  

So far this is shaping up just fine.  The Texans will go to Baltimore and have a decent chance of winning.  I'd rather face Houston in Buffalo, than the Ravens in Baltimore.  

7 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

I'm amazed at how many of you are seemingly just looking past the steelers like this team didn't struggle mightily in the regular season. 

Sure, if we dominated every team in that last 5 game stretch, I could see some "looking ahead". But they didn't... they had arguably 1 solid game out of the 5. They tend to let lesser teams hang around too long

With that being said... SHOULD the Bills advance... man it would be sweet to send the swifties home crying for once. 

They had 1 solid game?  They won all 5!  They did not play to their potential most of the time, that's true, but a W is a W no matter how close the score is.  

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

It’s not that deep .. we’re better than them.  Go out there and prove it. 

1) Allen, limit the nonsense 

2) McDermott, show us why you took over the defense

This. I thought Mahomes was pretty composed  last night for the most part.  Could be, that they had an extra week off to prepare but to me it looks like he is mentally ready to make a playoff run. 

Josh is going to need to play some clean Football starting Monday.  We really can’t afford to be taking points off the board. 

• Agree 1

Our offense could be almost as bad as KC has been. KC moved the ball up and down the field on  depleted dolphins D in -20. We had nice weather and in the 4th last week we only had 7 points. I don't thing we would have gone 90 yards to tie. That punt return saved us. We need a breakout game against Pitt. Houston, Balt offenses are clicking and I would not feel confident yet. Stroud does not make boneheaded mistakes and he is in year 1. Our superstar QB is in year 6 and still can kill us...Luckily the 4th Q he usually brings us back.

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

What makes you think we are better than them? Seriously, no joking here. 

QB - Even

RBs - Even

WRs - Buffalo

TEs - KC

Oline - KC

Dline - Even

Secondary - KC

Special teams - Even

Coaching - KC

QB - Even

RB - Even (Cook is the best RB of the group even though I’ve been down on him lately)

WR’s - Bills

TE’s - Chiefs (out of respect, but Bills TE’s are no joke)

OL - Even (Torrence has been struggling / KC’s Tackles have been struggling)

DL - Even

Secondary - Even (with Douglas)

ST’s - Even

Coaching - Time for McDermott to show us why he took over defensive play-calling. 

And fwiw, I think Allen is the most talented QB in the league, and (if) he gets a Super Bowl, will be recognized as such. 

Both teams have top defenses, the difference to me is that the Bills have more explosiveness in Diggs, Kincaid, Shakir and Cook than the Chiefs do in Kelce, Rice, MVS and Pacheco.  And that’s assuming Davis misses next week, should we get there. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Well there's zero chance he'll be "healthy". It's possible he'll be available though.

I guess nobody is really “healthy” at this point....but the Bills really need him on the field for the D to be successful vs. the Chefs

9 hours ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

I love it!  We get to end Kermit's season, after that MVP-2 and hopefully give Boomer the Bills-San Fran Super Bowl he always wished for.  Also Josh gets to beat his favorite team growing up as icing on that cake.

Lets get pass Pitt.  Great story so far this year but we have played so inconsistent and down to opponents that nothing is a given tomorrow. Glad the changed the date. Start strong and make Rudolph throw and I think we will be OK. Go Bills. 

11 hours ago, GoBills! said:

Mahomes didn’t look good in the red zone when it was man to man with pressure. I was shocked how many fields goals they had to settle for. 

Also the whole team drops passes worse than anyone one of our guys even Knox. 

I was impressed with Rice last night though. Dude seems to be coming on at the right time.

13 minutes ago, Maynard said:

I was impressed with Rice last night though. Dude seems to be coming on at the right time.

I was hoping the Bills could draft Rice in the 3rd round......obviously he was taken far earlier than that, and to make it worse, it was the Chefs that got him😡 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Get past the Steelers first

Well there is this…, 😁👍

The key to getting to the KC game is to turf the snot out of the Steelers Qb all game long, make his azs see ghosts by the start of the 2nd quarter…, 

Edited by Don Otreply

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

What makes you think we are better than them? Seriously, no joking here. 

QB - Even

RBs - Even

WRs - Buffalo

TEs - KC

Oline - KC

Dline - Even

Secondary - KC

Special teams - Even

Coaching - KC

Fair enough comparison.  But, as they say, you still gotta play the game, and who knows the outcome.  Home field is a factor as well it is statistically shown.  All in all, a great game to watch I am thinking.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't disagree but I can see the Bills offense struggling against that solid KC defense. 

It's not like the Bills offense has been clicking on all cylinders.  In fact, the offense has played pretty poorly since the Cowboy game. 

Spags seems to do well vs Buffalo. He will bring timely pressure and the Bills have struggled with that often; including during the winning streak. 

Offense was clicking against Miami if you take away the redzone turnovers.

11 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

The Bills offense's ability to operate against KC's tight man coverage and various pressure looks is so essential. If the Bills can avoid early offensive struggles, they can control this contest.

Of course, defensively stopping the Pacheco and Edwards-Helaire combo and keeping eyes AND HANDS on Kelce is important, but I believe Josh and Co. have a chance to outpace an inconsistent Chiefs offense and alter the calculus of this matchup. 

Rice could be a handful.

29 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Offense was clicking against Miami if you take away the redzone turnovers.

But you can't disregard the turnovers. 

Also, one could say the Chiefs offense was clicking yesterday except for when they hit into the red zone. 

It doesn't work like that though. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.