Bill Belichick officially done in NE

DJB

31 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

If I'm Vrabel, I'm taking a better opportunity with a smaller shadow to work in

Mac Jones went a couple games without an interception, and their fans and media were calling him brady and planning 6 more parades

NE is a good opportunity in terms of picks and cap....there is a lot of cap available for them to build a team and a high pick for a QB.  Maybe somewhere that has a QB could be thought of as better.  I do agree on the shadow thing but I think Vrabel is one who maybe can handle that.

This makes 6 coaches fired in the division since McDermott took over.

So does Bill retire or take the Chargers job. After dealing with crap at QB these past few seasons I could see LAC since Herbert is someone Bill feels he could win with. Plus, on paper they are talented, but it never shows on the field with the W/L record. As a bonus Bill could make things tough on Andy and the Chiefs if he went there.

Edited by Gregg

A good friend of mine is from Boston and is a Pats fan. He wants Vrabel (likely), and the Pats to draft the only can't-miss prospect in the draft, Marvin Harrison Jr. 

Harrison on the Pats would annoy me for years, regardless of which noodle arm QB they have.

Just now, Draconator said:

A good friend of mine is from Boston and is a Pats fan. He wants Vrabel (likely), and the Pats to draft the only can't-miss prospect in the draft, Marvin Harrison Jr. 

Harrison on the Pats would annoy me for years, regardless of which noodle arm QB they have.

If the Bears move on from Fields, I wonder if NE would kick the tires on that. I bet the Jets and Steelers will as well. 

Not surprised.  Get while the getting is good.  Wonder if he already has a place to land?

Not a lock replacement is Vrabel. If hoodie has an axe to grind with ownership, I could see him telling Vrabel not to take the job. Also, Vrabel will probably go to highest bidder/best chance to win. NE is not the best chance to win right now.  Seattle may be.

Yes, belichick may have done great things as a coach.  And just like Tommy, their accomplishments will always be tainted. Just like Sosa, McQwire and Bonds he will always have an asterisks on his accomplishments.

8 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

NE is a good opportunity in terms of picks and cap....there is a lot of cap available for them to build a team and a high pick for a QB.  Maybe somewhere that has a QB could be thought of as better.  I do agree on the shadow thing but I think Vrabel is one who maybe can handle that.

This makes 6 coaches fired in the division since McDermott took over.

NE may have picks and cap, but no QB and an aging defense.  Could land a good WR with high pick, but what about QB?  Even if they pick someone no guarantee they are any good.

Attractive to a new HC probably, not an experienced like Vrabel.

2 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Patriots job is the least attractive job outside of the Panthers.

Damn, with Harbaugh flirting with the NFL again I wonder where all these coaches end up.

They have a top pick and plenty of cap space.

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

So does Bill retire or take the Chargers job. After dealing with crap at QB these past few seasons I could see LAC since Herbert is someone Bill feels he could win with. Plus, on paper they are talented, but it never shows on the field with the W/L record. As a bonus Bill could make things tough on Andy and the Chiefs if he went there.

In a surprise move he goes to Oakland to reunite with Jimmy G and he names McDaniels his OC.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.