Dolphins Hard Knocks

Mynamemike

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I actually came away with the opposite. It is crazy to me that he didn't respond to anybody in the building. Not a coach or a teammate. 

Certainly there are bigger things going on, but to me it just sort of cosigns how I view him/how he is. A million people checking up on him and he doesn't respond to one person on the team, not a coach, not another WR, not his QB. Nobody. Sports and football in particular tend to be pretty familial, but Tyreek isn't interested in being a good brother the same way he isn't interested in being a good father or good partner. 

Yea, I just finished the episode, I think McDaniel is far from their biggest problem.  They’ve got a ton of injuries, and Tua is not Josh.  If it’s not for Harty’s punt return TD, we probably lose that game, against a really banged up Dolphins team.  Granted we wasted a lot of opportunities on offense too, but Miami isn’t losing because of McDaniel and his coaching style.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

You see, hear and feel the Bills dominance from their point of view and it's dark.  Very very dark for Miami vs the Bills in the Allen/McDermott era.

Well said. That was my takeaway as well.

2 hours ago, boyst said:

mike mcdaniel isn't real. he's that gangley bug eyed kid from SNL playing the role of an NFL coach while pretending to be a 16 yr old kid in the nieghborhood wanting to be cool

the unnecessary cursing, the look and hands in pocket, the weird bug like movements with the hands, he's a joke and i'm glad he's finally getting exposed.

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

The cursing did stand out to me when I binge-watched the first 5 episodes last night.  Can you imagine McDermott cussing like a sailor in every team meeting and practice? 😂

2 hours ago, Low Positive said:

He's not a joke, he's just not a head coach. He should be an OC cooking up plays in the lab. You are correct about the unnecessary F-bombs. It looks like he's forcing them in an attempt to be relatable to players, but at his core McDaniel is the Yalee that he is. Also, putting the Yale football helmet in his office is a strange touch.

After the first Bills-Fish game he met McD at midfield and told him "I respect the !@#$ out of you."  Who does that?

• Like (+1) 1

All of McDaniels' speeches sucked. He is horrible at addressing the team. Just stuff as much meaningless sports jargon, motivation jargon, and swear words into your speech as possible. That's all he does.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Yea, I just finished the episode, I think McDaniel is far from their biggest problem.  They’ve got a ton of injuries, and Tua is not Josh.  If it’s not for Harty’s punt return TD, we probably lose that game, against a really banged up Dolphins team.  Granted we wasted a lot of opportunities on offense too, but Miami isn’t losing because of McDaniel and his coaching style.

And without all our turnovers in the red zone it’s a landslide. I’d say we were closer to a bigger win than a loss and I think the stats back that up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Low Positive said:

He's not a joke, he's just not a head coach. He should be an OC cooking up plays in the lab. You are correct about the unnecessary F-bombs. It looks like he's forcing them in an attempt to be relatable to players, but at his core McDaniel is the Yalee that he is. Also, putting the Yale football helmet in his office is a strange touch.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Harvard grad and extremely popular... just because someone is an Ivy League grad doesn't mean they have to be labeled as non relatable.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

The Bills actually dominated them in almost every statistical category. It should have been a blowout. But, of course, the offense kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and blunders.

Play this game 10 times and I think the Bills win all of them. Everything that possibly could go wrong for Buffalo went wrong, and they still beat them.

Edited by MJS
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Harvard grad and extremely popular... just because someone is an Ivy League grad doesn't mean they have to be labeled as non relatable.

The difference is nobody would ever call Fitz a nerd.  McDaniel is basically a grown-up Steve Urkel.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

McDaniel is weird, but he seems like a good coach. He does not seem like a leader of men, so we shall see where this all goes long-term. 

Also, maybe I am just old and out of touch, but what was Jerome baker wearing at the end? 

7 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

And without all our turnovers in the red zone it’s a landslide. I’d say we were closer to a bigger win than a loss and I think the stats back that up. 

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Bills actually dominated them in almost every statistical category. It should have been a blowout. But, of course, the offense kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and blunders.

Play this game 10 times and I think the Bills win all of them. Everything that possibly could go wrong for Buffalo went wrong, and they still beat them.

Dolphins didn’t get beat because of McDaniel is my main point, wasn’t really commenting on the Bills.  The Dolphins are really banged up.  KC’s been pretty sketchy too, but Dolphins going to play in -5 degree whether and banged up, if they can even keep the game close would be impressive for McDaniel and his team.

• Like (+1) 1

Another random related thought:  If Vrabel doesn’t go for 2 (and make it) after that first TD the Titans scored in the 4th quarter of that MNF upset, there’s a decent chance the Bills are hosting exactly zero home playoff games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Dolphins didn’t get beat because of McDaniel is my main point, wasn’t really commenting on the Bills.  The Dolphins are really banged up.  KC’s been pretty sketchy too, but Dolphins going to play in -5 degree whether and banged up, if they can even keep the game close would be impressive for McDaniel and his team.

I think they did get beat because of him. He was clearly out coached in the 2nd half. McDermott adjusted on defense and McDaniel was not able to handle it. They ran for 100 yards the first half and 7 in the 2nd half. And they barely even attempted any runs, even though they had the lead or at least a tie for most of the rest of the game, until the Bills went up.

I think this failure rests significantly on the shoulders of McDaniels. Yes, there were many factors, but coaching was certainly one of them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, boyst said:

mike mcdaniel isn't real. he's that gangley bug eyed kid from SNL playing the role of an NFL coach while pretending to be a 16 yr old kid in the nieghborhood wanting to be cool

the unnecessary cursing, the look and hands in pocket, the weird bug like movements with the hands, he's a joke and i'm glad he's finally getting exposed.

Agree 100%.

I was thinking almost the same thing on  the excessive cursing.  Seems like a wimpy kid (yes I know he played football)  that tries to act tough with all the f bombs.

PS.  WTH was the knitting lesson at the end?

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

I would agree with that except I think we win 9 out of 10..

McDermott got luck with that end of the first half blunder,  we left 3 points on the table.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.