Mike Francesca blasts greedy NFL for airing Miami at KC game exclusively on Peacock

chongli

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

MLB has hurt the game with playoffs on various networks.  It sucks they do it and it ruins the best part of the season.

Too many games and too much time overlap in the first 2 rounds.  If you stagger it too much you'll have games well into November.  

The regional sports model of baseball/hockey/basketball is truly terrible though.  A lot of those channels going belly-up as they really don't have the content to sustain eyes during non-game situations.  

it is getting ridiculous but will probably get worse.  look for more Billsploitation too.  the networks know will do anything to watch the games.  

for me it was youtube nfl, nfl network plus and peacock and amazon prime.  WTF!!!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

It's 5 dollars, plus you get the royal rumble at the end of the month 🙂

Was going to say I know paying anything is ridiculous but my brother is a huge wrestling fan and loves the fact WWE stuff is included for free in the subscription 

You know what, nobody cares

Want to know why?

It's become the new norm to squeeze every nickel out of the fans. The younger fans expect it. 

This will all work out fine till the fans become tired  and used by  greedy owners and players.....

I will be dead...

Carry on....

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s not about the money! There are actually people who don’t have access to streaming. Geeeez

it's over the air in the local markets.  Out of market fans have to stream anyway to get most of the games during the season.  Nearly everyone has "access" to streaming.  Or, you know, a sports bar.  

This just seems like outrage for the sake of outrage.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's five dollars.

$5

I can see it being the "ultimate slap in the face" if it were $99.99 PPV, but we are talking about five dollars...

$5

I think it's the principle more than the money.  Comcast is pretty universally loathed as a company and the thought of having to give them more money, on top of the $75-$80 per month we're giving them for mediocre internet, makes a lot of people upset.  And I say this as someone who gets Peacock for free.

Part of me wonders if the reaction would be the same if, say, Paramount+ or even Amazon had the game.  Prime has a much larger subscriber base and has the TNF schedule... so many die hards have it even if they don't shop at Amazon.

• Agree 1

Every time a thread like this pops up, I ask the same question…how many of you have been watching games on ESPN for the last couple of decades?  You know…that channel you have to pay for. 

This fake outrage over games being broadcast on a paid service is hysterical.  Notice how all the whining about games on Amazon Prime has calmed down? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, The 9 Isles said:

Plus having to pay for the privilege of being bombarded with advertisements for 3+ hours.

It is borderline unwatchable. 

Begs a question, would fans pay for a truly commercial free product? Say 2:15-2:30 hour long games. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Greedy is putting it lightly. Unbelievable that they're going to make people pay to watch a football game.

I can remember back when HBO started to become a thing and they started charging to watch boxing matches.

You could watch the same fighters on ABC every Saturday but you know, GREED.

NFL's no different.   

Between the refs and this new thing they call streaming for cash I'm really beginning to hate the NFL with a passion.

And it was the downfall of boxing.  It used to be must see TV until PPV. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, chongli said:

This reminds me: I need to go over to FinHeaven and ChiefsPlanet to see if anyone is flipping out over the Peacock game.

Well, one poster on Chiefs Planet claims Collinsworth is calling the Peacock game. Glad to see they are so knowledgeable.

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

There are a lot of elderly fans who will not be able to watch it. 

Many older folks find newer technology challenging and/or they are on fixed incomes. Should businesses use older technology and/or give away their product as goodwill? A biz should price their product however they wish. This will be reflected in the demand for the product either via purchase and/or access to the product. Until enough people don’t want to see NFL games the price to view them will continue to increase. Find another hobby instead of complaining.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

will there be commercials in the 4th quarter?  

We are not sure yet.

EDIT: @RyanC883 nevermind, here is the press release:

https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2024/01/08/nbcuniversal-is-home-to-record-three-nfl-playoff-games-on-super-wild-card-weekend-including-peacocks-presentation-of-nfls-first-ever-exclusive-live-streamed-playoff-game/

"Saturday night’s Peacock AFC Wild Card Exclusive – featuring Patrick Mahomes and the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs hosting the Miami Dolphins — will once again feature a commercial-free fourth quarter similar to the Dec. 23 Bills-Chargers game."

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.