Meanwhile, over at FinHeaven....

11 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

You can say whatever you want about our weather or women, but don't ever insult our pizza.  

Legit though I have been craving Buffalo pizza like you won't believe. There really is nothing quite like it which makes trying to make it yourself a challenge. I have some dough going for tomorrow though. 

11 hours ago, chongli said:

"Why would I live in Buffalo, NY when I could live in much better areas like Syria, North Korea, and the Gaza Strip?" - Ok, this made me chuckle 😅

"The worst pizza on earth is in buffalo imo." - 🤬!FIGHTING WORDS!🤬

"I’m from Niagara Falls. Talk about a shithole. For those that don’t know….The City of Niagara Falls makes Buffalo look like Honolulu. It’s a ****en disgrace." - ACCURATE

Those are about the only 3 comments even worth responding to.

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Legit though I have been craving Buffalo pizza like you won't believe. There really is nothing quite like it which makes trying to make it yourself a challenge. I have some dough going for tomorrow though. 

Our pizza is definitely up there with anywhere. So many local places that are great.

25 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Those are about the only 3 comments even worth responding to.

Depends what part of the Falls...in general the areas south of I-190(aka "The 190") and out towards Deveaux are pretty nice actually. The area actually by the Falls...hell yeah...that place is a straight Ghetto.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Depends what part of the Falls...in general the areas south of the I-90 and out towards Deveaux are pretty nice actually. The area actually by the Falls...hell yeah...that place is a straight Ghetto.

Fair, I'm not from the area & have only ever visited several times.

But any time I've gone there it has not left a great impression. Even worse is when you stare across the falls & see the Canadian side in direct contrast. A little patriotic flame burns in your heart & makes you a bit agitated the area is allowed to look so dilapidated in view of our northern neighbors.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

But any time I've gone there it has not left a great impression. Even worse is when you stare across the falls & see the Canadian side in direct contrast. A little patriotic flame burns in your heart & makes you a bit agitated the area is allowed to look so dilapidated in view of our northern neighbors.

Like I've always said, with the amount of money they take in there year after year, Niagara Falls should be one of the richest cities in the US. The state basically takes all the money and gives them a pittance.

The Canadian Side is amazing...Clifton Hills is like a mini-Las Vegas Strip.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Our pizza is definitely up there with anywhere. So many local places that are great.

Depends what part of the Falls...in general the areas south of I-190(aka "The 190") and out towards Deveaux are pretty nice actually. The area actually by the Falls...hell yeah...that place is a straight Ghetto.

A whole back I was looking at buying a place up in Wilson. Nice little town, that 

9 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

A whole back I was looking at buying a place up in Wilson. Nice little town, that 

Yup, Wilson is right near Lake Ontario...way away from most of the snow in the area. Porter-on-the-Lake is another cool place in that area, as is Olcott(although a lot of Olcott is summer rental houses on the lake).

10 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I hate that feeling knowing you will never win with Tua but you have no other choice. 

Tua didn't have a good game in KC, but he is WAY better than most fans at this board think he is.

Is the good enough to take you all the way? That is debatable, but he could be a hell of a lot worse.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

14 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

The difference is location - Niagara Falls Canada is in one of the warmer areas for Canada so it has expanded for tourists;  It also has the better view of falls.

I know dozens of places there.   We brought a friend on a trip once and I surprised her stopping at a Buddhist temple, one of largest in North America,  She is Buddhist and had no idea it was there.

There is no reason to put a lot of tourist stuff for American Falls - some hotels, some places to eat and view of falls.   Hard to find reason to invest at that level there.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Tua didn't have a good game in KC, but he is WAY better than most fans at this board think he is.

Is the good enough to take you all the way? That is debatable, but he could be a hell of a lot worse.

If he couldn't do it when they have loads of playmakers and speed everywhere on a rookie deal, how is he going to do it when they have to pay him $50 mil a year and lose a lot of talent on offense and expect him to make up the difference?

Defending the Fins isn't hard. Sure they might have a few wrinkles but basically, defend the middle and seams, defend WR screens out wide, dont get drawn into the misdirection. Jam the WRs and throw off the timing. That's just about it.

That's why when they play fundamentally sound defenses they struggle. They rely on the defense not being sound and taking their bait to function well. Not exactly a great place to be when you have to rely on other teams sucking to be effective.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He's Trent Edwards with a better running game.

37 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Like I've always said, with the amount of money they take in there year after year, Niagara Falls should be one of the richest cities in the US. The state basically takes all the money and gives them a pittance.

The Canadian Side is amazing...Clifton Hills is like a mini-Las Vegas Strip.

I will miss Como's.

55 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He'd have to 49er it to do it, and we've yet to see them pull it off yet, and I don't think he's better than Purdy.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I hate that feeling knowing you will never win with Tua but you have no other choice. 

See, that’s just it though, you can suffer through four or more years of Tua’s limitations pretending he will improve, or you can dump his azs and get busy trying to improve by doing what needs to be done to get a QB with a real arm, that can perform off scrip as needed, or just sit in QB purgatory for an extended period of time spinning your wheels…, 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He was somewhere between bad and awful in all 6 games they lost against playoff teams this season.  Last night was just more of the same.   Smoking bad teams at the end of the day is just meaningless stats.  

down two-three scores in the playoffs and snapping the ball with no time on the playclock then dumping it off behind the LOS is not gonna make you many friends lol

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.