Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

1 minute ago, Milanos Milano said:

There is this invention called the snow plow that comes by every hour or sometimes sooner. Even if rates are 3’/hr, that is drivable with proper vehicles. 

What percentage of people drive "proper vehicles"?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Milanos Milano said:

There is this invention called the snow plow that comes by every hour or sometimes sooner. Even if rates are 3’/hr, that is drivable with proper vehicles. 

Plowing snow doesn't make it vanish into thin air. How do you plow every lot and roadway for 70K people, do it fast enough to get everyone home within a few hours, and where do you put all that snow?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I’ve seen plenty of footage from blizzards with hundreds of “proper vehicles” buried and stuck in snow. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

2’ wont be on the roadway surfaces at any one time. Maximum of 4” in between plowings on main roads. It’s fine. 

OK bro...

4 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

2’ wont be on the roadway surfaces at any one time. Maximum of 4” in between plowings on main roads. It’s fine. 

Either you don't live in this area or you don't know how snow plows work during these conditions.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I’ve seen plenty of footage from blizzards with hundreds of “proper vehicles” buried in snow. 

And they were probably driving ridiculously fast. If you are going 5mph in a lifted truck with chains as an emergency, you are fine. 

1 hour ago, Milanos Milano said:

And they were probably driving ridiculously fast. If you are going 5mph in a lifted truck with chains as an emergency, you are fine. 

Nope, the roads became impassable with zero visibility, and even tractor trailers get stuck. Plenty of truckers have terrifying blizzard stories. You’ve got a shtick going on this topic, and I respect it. I’m not trying to change your beliefs. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Nope, the roads became impassible with zero visibility, and even tractor trailers get stuck. Plenty of truckers have terrifying blizzard stories. You’ve got a shtick going on this topic, and I respect it. I’m not trying to change your beliefs. 

Dude I’m a born and raised WNY who has done this more times than I can count. In some of the worst conditions imaginable. 

3 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

Don’t be mad at me because you drive a car that spins out on flurries. Get a truck and put some chains on it. 

I drive a Tacoma and live in Atlanta so if I drive around with chains, I am pretty sure I will get pulled over.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I drive a Tacoma so if I drive around with chains, I am pretty sure I will get pulled over.

It’s a risk I’ve always taken during snow games. I put the chains on and never been pulled over and when I’m out of the snow belt I take them off. 

1 hour ago, Simon said:

So the other day I decided that this looked like a ton of fun and I was going to look into grabbing a ticket online and coming up from Western PA.

We were having a major wind event here while I was monkeying around on the computer looking at different sites for the ticket I wanted (first couple rows of the upper deck, between the 40's) and I hear/feel this big crash.

Go to the window, look outside and the wind has knocked down a small tree, which of course has landed directly on my truck and broken the windshield. :doh:

image.thumb.png.0f3751536ac9b47b579c976bcad8993c.png

Wow I'm sorry @Simon

Here last year was awful. I was desperate for 2023 to end 😂.

Hot water tank went, cold water leak underneath tub no water for couple months, my uncle place for 5 months lots of work, worried about friends health, corded wire to jeep. I just kept thinking daily what's next 😂. Some of my favorite sports got hurt. I'm just glad Allen is ok. Didn't affect him 😂.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I would like to get home safe to my young kids just like I’m sure everyone else does. If that makes soft, I’m cool with that 

Then don't go... it's really that simple.

When the game got moved to Detroit last year, my buddy and I hopped in the truck and drove from north of Syracuse through the storm and watched the game in Detroit.  We knew the risks, were willing to take them, and had a great time. 

Edited by DasNootz
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Here last year was awful. I was desperate for 2023 to end

I hear ya'.

Compared to my 2023, some Covid and a banged up truck in the first week of 2024 are laughable. :D

• Agree 1

1-3 feet in persistent snow band area? i’m sure the Steelers and their fans sre

loving this. Lol.   The big underdog always loves the forecast of awful weather. Doesn’t always pan out to help though.

23 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Boomers full of lead vs. Zoomers full of microplastics vs. Xers full of both

WHO WILL SURVIVE

No one here gets out alive

image.thumb.png.5ef3c8a934e9aa3da7da56d19efdde76.png

• Haha (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Simon said:

lol, I'm still shedding Covid and am not getting into an enclosed space with anybody.

At least anybody I like........

Edit:

Dammit, I should have said something about chain-smoking joints the whole way up.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherrington/2024/01/11/study-shows-cannabis-has-the-potential-to-prevent-and-treat-covid-19/?sh=17c83c2f2574

20 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

It’s a risk I’ve always taken during snow games. I put the chains on and never been pulled over and when I’m out of the snow belt I take them off. 

Funny Face Lol GIF by Pacific North Jess

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I can tell you with 100% certainty that it does not prevent it. :D

In fact, I'm thinking I got it from sharing a J with several folks on New Year's Eve.

So I am now convinced it actually causes it!

• Haha (+1) 5

37 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I drive a Hyundai Veloster. I have winter tires that are downsized 2 inches from 18 to 16 inch wheels. My car is really light, however with the winter tires I can get through anything unless its a 3-4 foot storm or ice. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.