Steelers @ Ravens 4:30pm Game Thread

Process

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Hey the Ravens owe nothing to no one but in the playoffs if you come out flat for a quarter or two that may be it. Especially when you will play in round 2 arguably the hottest team in the AFC 

How exactly does Lamar Jackson handing off the ball three times in the pouring rain affect whether he comes out flat in two weeks or not?

If Allen did anything more than that in those conditions, everyone would be calling for McDermott to be fired (beyond those who are already doing so).

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Would you want Allen to play a half in the exact situation? I wouldn't! 

Could you imagine if the Bills had the #1 seed and they started Allen in a meaningless game and he sustained a season-ending injury? The fans would burn McDermott's house down.  These takes that Baltimore lost on purpose to avoid the Bills are insane. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People annoyed the Ravens lost, good grief, if the healthy as you can get in week 18 Bills can’t win a must game vs banged up Miami then they simply aren’t all that special 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

Only some of us knew they were resting starters. There are hundreds of posts about it starting a week ago where people here insisted the Ravens wouldn’t rest their starters. It was hilarious a week ago and even more today with all the crying from people that the Ravens actually did indeed rest starters today. Ravens earned the right to do what they did today. We will see how it impacts them in two weeks. Posters here years ago routinely wanted the Bills to rest starters in meaningless season ending game. But yet today it’s the worst thing some have ever seen. 

Lamars tendency to not perform well in the playoffs up to this point is why I think you wouldn't want to give him a three week rest...especially with how he's been playing recently 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

I agree.

Not thrilled with the ravens play calls tonight. Should tailor his calls to the players on the field and the weather.  Don’t think he did either very well.

He threw the game to put more pressure on us.  He doesn't want to meet the Bills in the AFCCG.

• Eyeroll 1

The Ravens helped us by beating MIA, so can't be mad tonight. I would've liked a W from them so I could sleep easy tonight. 

But we all know this is going to come down to a Bills Win to get in. If McD can't get the boys fired up for that (in the case the TN game goes in JAX favor), then that's the talk of the offseason.

31 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I would go about my business and tell the team everyone was playing the full game...

And then pull them after a series

4 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

The Ravens helped us by beating MIA, so can't be mad tonight. I would've liked a W from them so I could sleep easy tonight. 

But we all know this is going to come down to a Bills Win to get in. If McD can't get the boys fired up for that (in the case the TN game goes in JAX favor), then that's the talk of the offseason.

and they helped us by losing to the Bengals in 2017 to end the drought.  Can’t expect them to come through every time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Yep I would…this offense looks disjointed enough when playing every week imagine not playing for like 20 days 😂.  1-2 drives would be a fine compromise doesn’t have to be a whole half.  

Not to mention the ravens have a history of resting starters in this exact situation and getting bounced in their first game and a qb that has never looked good in the playoffs 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

They beat the Ravens their 1st meeting 17-10 and that was when TE Mark Andrews was also healthy, just saying I highly doubt they let anyone win especially a heated rivalry.

If they wanted to win they would have had more starters playing.  

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yep I would…this offense looks disjointed enough when playing every week imagine not playing for like 20 days 😂.  1-2 drives would be a fine compromise doesn’t have to be a whole half.  

Not to mention the ravens have a history of resting starters in this exact situation and getting bounced in their first game and a qb that has never looked good in the playoffs 

The Raven offense has looked very good. Playing Lamar for a half is really insignificant and too risky. 

We will disagree to disagree. 

2 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I would go about my business and tell the team everyone was playing the full game...

And then pull them after a series

So much for building a rapport. I think this is a terrible idea. 

3 hours ago, QCity said:

Could you imagine if the Bills had the #1 seed and they started Allen in a meaningless game and he sustained a season-ending injury? The fans would burn McDermott's house down.  These takes that Baltimore lost on purpose to avoid the Bills are insane. 

They tried to win. They were playing very hard. It really was a back and forth game. A big offensive play was the difference maker. 

Exactly correct with a Bills injury to Allen. This place would erupt and rightly so. I can't believe knowledgeable fans here are advocating that Lamar should have played. That's just insane!

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Raven offense has looked very good. Playing Lamar for a half is really insignificant and too risky. 

We will disagree to disagree. 

So much for building a rapport. I think this is a terrible idea. 

They tried to win. They were playing very hard. It really was a back and forth game. A big offensive play was the difference maker. 

Exactly correct with a Bills injury to Allen. This place would erupt and rightly so. I can't believe knowledgeable fans here are advocating that Lamar should have played. That's just insane!

I mean that’s impossible to say without seeing their first playoff game lol…2 divisional round exits as the 1 seed and there will be a lot of talk about how they should’ve played starters for a few drives 

if they steamroll whoever they go against for 60 minutes then you can claim victory I’ll def admit I was wrong 😂. It’s not about how they look now though it’s about how they’ll look after 20 ish days of no meaningful football.  

If the Bills had to depend on another team losing to back into the playoffs, their chances of reaching the ultimate goal would have been remote, anyway. In a strange season, losing in ugly fashion to some inferior opponents, they now have to win their last game to get 2nd seed in the playoffs, or lose, and they go home. Incredible.

Edited by par73

25 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean that’s impossible to say without seeing their first playoff game lol…2 divisional round exits as the 1 seed and there will be a lot of talk about how they should’ve played starters for a few drives 

if they steamroll whoever they go against for 60 minutes then you can claim victory I’ll def admit I was wrong 😂. It’s not about how they look now though it’s about how they’ll look after 20 ish days of no meaningful football.  

I guess it sucks to be the number one seed. Too much time off. I don't get this rational at all. 

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.