SCOTUS Will Hear Colorado Removing Trump From Ballot Case Update SCOTUS Reverses CO SC 9-0.

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

A serious question:

Why do progressives always default to insults when they disagree with someone?

It undermines anything you have to say.

This is an excellent equestrian I've been wondering about.   On here and with progressives I know can't discuss politics rationally.  They can't explain their position and as you say resort to name calling and whataboutism and of course TRUMP even when he's not part of the discussion.  

I can think of some (not all) non progressives that don't resort to name calling and can back up their position.  Can't think of any progressives that do the same here at PPP.  If anyone can think of any please correct me.

And you're right in that it undermines themselves. Its hard to take anyone seriously that argues this way.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Thank god, seems like the supreme court may be the last entity in the US with some sanity and integrity.

3 hours ago, Irv said:

Thankfully we have a Supreme Court.....for now.   Without them, Biden and his puppet master Obammy are no different than Putin.  Other candidate at threat - throw him in the Gulag to die like Navalny.   Courts not in your favor.  Abolish them. 

This latest ploy didn't work.  Next up - Clinton style assassination.   What a mess.          

I do think sadly you' re right about the next up part.

• Agree 3

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Have you been on this board for longer than five minutes serious question

What does that have to do with anything? It's a simple question I posed - was it too hard for you?

BTW, that would be the other available lefty tactic - shift the goalposts when the discussion point becomes uncomfortable. Which is an addendum to the "the truth hurts" principle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

What does that have to do with anything? It's a simple question I posed - was it too hard for you?

BTW, that would be the other available lefty tactic - shift the goalposts when the discussion point becomes uncomfortable. Which is an addendum to the "the truth hurts" principle.

Because I see the same thing from people on the right every time I go after somebody on this board for being a dick to me

I am not just gonna sit there and be somebody’s punching bag

And by the way, if you don’t like it tough *****

buckle up buttercup. If you can’t take it, don’t dish it out.

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Because I see the same thing from people on the right every time I go after somebody on this board for being a dick to me

Generally the posters with the most hostility are the leftists, see billstime, Joe Ferguson hawk or whatever. You seem a bit upset as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Generally the posters with the most hostility are the leftists, see billstime, Joe Ferguson hawk or whatever. You seem a bit upset as well.

Not upset at all
And I just find it interesting how the right just ignores some of the things that their own people do to people on this board

Other people to take it and be restrained ***** that

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This is an excellent equestrian I've been wondering about.   On here and with progressives I know can't discuss politics rationally.  They can't explain their position and as you say resort to name calling and whataboutism and of course TRUMP even when he's not part of the discussion.  

I can think of some (not all) non progressives that don't resort to name calling and can back up their position.  Can't think of any progressives that do the same here at PPP.  If anyone can think of any please correct me.

And you're right in that it undermines themselves. Its hard to take anyone seriously that argues this way.

This can happen on both sides when they're not capable of going off script. They feel exposed and vulnerable and lash out.

Or they're just *****. 

39 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not upset at all
And I just find it interesting how the right just ignores some of the things that their own people do to people on this board

Other people to take it and be restrained ***** that

The right ignores it from the left too. I promise you 90% of this board has the popular idiots on ignore. Or just doesn't feed the other bull####.

Most of the ppp board gets their erection from a reply. Any reply. So putting idiot in a post out of left field can usually do that - which isn't a good look. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I did not see anyone use a derogatory term towards you - happy to stand corrected if that's not the case.

Yet you felt it necessary to do so.

Nobody is saying you should not be able to defend either yourself OR your opinion. Your argument is a straw man one.

I just flat out refuse to accept that personal insults are an acceptable part of any rational debate.

I trust that clarifies the matter.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Westside said:

The radical leftist on PPP. I’m sure they are fuming over this decision. The fact ALL 9 justices agreed should be a strong statement that what they did was unconstitutional. Thank GOD for the Supreme Court!

The foaming at the mouth leftists are awaiting  their marching orders through their 

Little Orphan Annie decorder rings.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Westside said:

The radical leftist on PPP. I’m sure they are fuming over this decision. The fact ALL 9 justices agreed should be a strong statement that what they did was unconstitutional. Thank GOD for the Supreme Court!

Yep.

And not a surprise since the freak-show Leftists want to do away with our Constitutional rights as they stand.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The buckle up buttercup thing... I just noticed. That kind of mentality in this sewer will only make it worse or make people do it just to be #######s. I tend to do the latter for amusement but don't even bother to come here because it is empty of valid discussions.

Either way, I know you read these... So I don't need a reply. Just don't be so arrogant. 

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

I ignore you JFR. I ignore the other leftist commies like you.

You're a ***** moron sure, but I ignore you unless someone quotes your idiotic ramblings.

In 25 years of posting on message boards, I've never once utilized an ignore feature.  

That just seems... weak.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Capco said:

In 25 years of posting on message boards, I've never once utilized an ignore feature.  

That just seems... weak.  

Why subject yourself to immature name calling America hating posters? Ignoring someone isn’t weak, it’s sifting out the nonsense. 

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Have you considered that maybe this part of TBD isn't the right fit for you?  

10 hours ago, Capco said:

That just seems... weak.  

You do you.

You have people here who live under a perpetual green sky. 

Trump colluded with Putin to steal 2016. False, yet still true to them

Hunter's laptop is Russian disinformation. .False, yet still true to them

Trump telling people to march peacefully and patriotically to the Capitol means he told them to stage an insurrection  False, yet true to them

Trump called neo nazis and white nationalists very fine people. False, yet true to them.

Men can become women and participate in sports against real women. It's also fair to real women. False, yet true to them.

Parents demand that schools not have books depicting anal/oral on library shelves is book banning. False, yet true to them.

The current POTUS by all accounts speaks better today than he did decades ago. False, yet true to them.

And on and on...

It's like starting a discussion about water chemistry with people who tell you that water is anything other than H2O.

You may call refusing to participate in discussions with people like that weak.

I call it refusing to participate in an exercise in futility. 

Additionally it annoys the crap out of them. I enjoy annoying commies. So I got that going, which is nice.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

You do you.

Trump telling people to march peacefully and patriotically to the Capitol means he told them to stage an insurrection  False, yet true to them

Trump called neo nazis and white nationalists very fine people. False, yet true to them.

Men can become women and participate in sports against real women. It's also fair to real women. False, yet true to them.

Parents demand that schools not have books depicting anal/oral on library shelves is book banning. False, yet true to them.

The current POTUS by all accounts speaks better today than he did decades ago. False, yet true to them.

And on and on...

It's like starting a discussion about water chemistry with people who tell you that water is anything other than H2O.

Additionally it annoys the crap out of them. I enjoy annoying commies. So I got that going, which is nice.

As much as I disagree with numerous claims in your post, I still value your contributions insomuch as they make me think twice.

A person who automatically discounts the information brought forth by political opponents does not have that same opportunity.   

A strong mind can handle discomforting opposing arguments with ease, and a weak mind cannot.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Capco said:

As much as I disagree with numerous claims in your post, I still value your contributions insomuch as they make me think twice.

A person who automatically discounts the information brought forth by political opponents does not have that same opportunity.   

A strong mind can handle discomforting opposing arguments with ease, and a weak mind cannot.

Other way around.

A weak mind indulges idiocy from those who continue to insist that water is composed of nitrogen and potassium.

I ignore commies and useful idiots. Period.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Capco said:

The opinions of so many on PPP are not opinions of worth. There is not any original thought, there is not constructive criticism. There is only raging teen hormonal blather in the guise of conversation to let the 10% of either side blow it's load against the other person.

Jfh isn't the biggest culprit of this. But he is the drive by poster who says something ridiculous then doesn't back up his statements when respectfully called out. The drive by poster who runs to insults and doubles down without an argument. They're the second worst posters here on PPP and why the most knowledgeable posters went to TNP. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/5/2024 at 8:44 AM, BillsFanNC said:

You do you.

And on and on...

Not to mention they are just straight up #######s. 

Only here to troll normal Americans, these people hate themselves.

That's why they project and troll.

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 3/4/2024 at 3:36 PM, Westside said:

Yeah

I clearly wrote my opinion that it would be overturned on page 2, but thanks for trying to mis-represent me.  They did exactly what I said they would, and punted it to Congress.  

On 3/4/2024 at 3:37 PM, BillsFanNC said:

I know he defended the Colorado supreme court ruling vehemently. 

Wether he predicted SCOTUS would reverse, well nobody quoted him on that, so I don't know.

I still believe that the fake electors plot was an attempt to overthrow the election, but I find it hard to believe that I would have ever thought the GQP Congress would uphold anything against Trump.