IF (Caps IF), we clinch a playoff spot before the Dolphins game, would you rest Josh?

Virgil

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

This is looking like the scenario, but HELL NO! 

The Bills are going to be even more dangerous tonight. A *Nothing to lose* mentally is more welcome when they know that at the worst, they locked up already. If it was Division or out, then the Bills would understandably play more tight. Which means our coach…. Would literally be an inside-out sphincter. 

So, soft sphincter now?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Murdox said:

No chance we rest starters.  We want to be the 2 seed and play at home against the Steelers next week.  Who wouldn't?

Yea- you play to win but maybe you tell Josh not to leave EVERYTHING on the field 

1 hour ago, Murdox said:

No chance we rest starters.  We want to be the 2 seed and play at home against the Steelers next week.  Who wouldn't?

Spot on! I love discussing the Bills and strategy. But I can’t comprehend any thought of not going 💯 for the 2. The Ravens have about a 60% chance of defeating the Browns who I think beat the Texans. Also a solid performance in all 3 phases creates momentum. Let’s go Bills!!!

Edited by QLBillsFan

On 1/5/2024 at 10:10 AM, Virgil said:

Listen, I know how important the #2 seed can be.  I don't want to downplay that at all.  However, if some of these reports out there are true and Josh is battling an injury that needs rest, would it make more sense to give Josh, and maybe some others, the week off?  I'm sure Hyde's neck could use a break too.

I'm sure this will get me flamed, but if playing on the road for the playoffs means that Josh is even 20% healthier, is that worth it?  

I'm not saying I would.  Maybe play him for a bit and see how he feels.  But I care more about a healthier Josh because we don't win without him. (Minus the Dallas game)

Yes, I would!  For the entire 4th quarter after we're up 21 points.

Now I definitely wish they benched everyone.  The injuries are painful.  

Even worse, I wish I didn’t have to watch this game.  The mistakes Josh are making are getting really hard to ignore.  It’s going to be another painful end to the season. 

Someone needs to get in his face.   

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Now I definitely wish they benched everyone.  The injuries are painful.  

Even worse, I wish I didn’t have to watch this game.  The mistakes Josh are making are getting really hard to ignore.  It’s going to be another painful end to the season. 

Someone needs to get in his face.   

Preach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.