Is Brady coaching for his job?

whorlnut

I still want McD fired and an Offensive Coach brought in. I like Ben Johnson and Monken and then, I know a lot of people wouldn't like it but, I'd go after someone like Jim Harbaugh if I couldn't get those coaches.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I would take a look at bienemy if he's let go by the commanders or frank Reich as OC

Yes to frank reich, I think Allen needs a vet coach, someone that can scheme up plays and players for different games, and hold Allen accountable!!! 

The offense is worse with Brady than it was with Dorsey. Take away the great running game against Dallas and the offense is worse. Josh and the pass game is a disaster.

It's time to blow it up and bring in someone new. They need an entire new offense. The league has figured us out. Only Josh being super human gives us a chance to win.

We are stuck with McDermott but honestly Beane should pick the next OC. McDermott has shown he doesn't know what he is doing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dorseys final 6 games and Bradys first 6 games the offense is averaging 8 points more per game.  That is a massive difference in the NFL in scoring very difficult to achieve even with an entire offseason to overhaul an offense.  To pretend like the offense isn't significantly better over what Dorsey's offense had become is laughable.  

Sure, Dorsey's offense SKEWED its season total because of 2 1/2 games of football (2nd half week 2, week 3, and week 4) against bad defenses...but then it fell off a cliff never to recover.  Dorsey led offense lost to BOTH Zac Wilson and Mac Jones in the same season.  Dorsey led offense was 1-2 vs the Jets (both losses to Zac Wilson) and avg 17 ppg in those 3 games while Brady's first game against the same team scored 32 and benched its starters for almost the entire 4th quarter in a blow out or we would have probably scored 48+.  

Dorsey over his final 6 games was 2-4 and we got lucky on final play of both wins to not be 0-6 during the weak part of our schedule because the offense only averaged a pathetic 20 ppg.  Since then, we are 5-1 and should be 6-0 (not Brady's fault) becasue even when the offense has some sputters he finds ways to still get points on the board using the run game and Allens legs...something Dorsey couldn't manage to do even when 3rd and goal from the 6" line where instead of sneaking Allen he twice ran out of shotgun to lose yards in back to back games.  

Dorsey was a major problem, to pretend he wasn't tells me that person is just rooted in being negative about all Bills decisions.  We went from 11th seed and out of playoffs to playing for the division title and #2 seed in 6 games of Brady taking over the offense in the hardest stretch of our schedule in the NFL against multiple legit defenses. 

I think that our D has a little something to do with our losses against Jax, NE, Cincy, and Denver.  If you think otherwise, great.  Agree to disagree.  

Otherwise, under Dorsey, our offense is averaging about a half-point less than it did all last season under Dorsey.  

Our yardage, 1st-Down generation, particularly in our more important last two games, and scoring, is not significantly different from all of last season or Dorsey's full compliment of 10 games.  

It's funny how that when one points out trends, things like Dorsey's first bunch of games are discounted, the play of our D is heavily discounted, and there's little consideration for a downward spiral of a trend.  

But never fear, Brady's got all the opportunity in the world to show how great he is @ Miami and in the playoffs.  Doesn't he.  :) 

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Brady has always been coaching for his job. He's interim, its not like he's assured the spot for next year. He knows he has to produce every week.

I can say with confidence that this is NOT exactly what McDermott wants. I'm sure he would like a run-heavy offense like we saw against Dallas, but not what we've seen the last couple of weeks. If he wants a run-heavy offense, it's to take the pressure off of Allen and allow him to use play action better and to be more productive with the receivers when he does throw. We're not seeing that, at least not yet. I can't imagine this is what McDermott wants...he wants this, but with a better, more opportunistic passing game.

They ran a lot on 1st and 2nd downs yesterday and then tried to pass on 3rd down.  Run game was not very good yesterday and that was expected against the #1 rush defense in the league

18 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I’d start with more under center play action. 

I’m starting to think is that an Allen thing, that he doesn’t like being under center. It’s hard to believe 3 OC now don’t put him under center that much. Just a guess. 

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

At some point the players have to execute. JA with multiple in accurate throws, several drops, poor OL play. Not all on the OC with either guy. I would be surprised if Brady is not back win or lose. 

yeah, offensive misfires are pretty much 100% execution errors Josh or WRs screwing up in passing game

36 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

So yesterday's win was a "Brady thing" then? 

In games vs. KC Love on Green Bay played a much better game than Allen did, and Zappe played at least an equally good if not better game against them in weeks before and after we did.  

Wins over the Jets and Chargers are hardly impressive, and Dallas is clearly in a slump, averaging not even 17 ppg over the past three weeks.  

The point is how well the offense has played, not wins based upon anything including five games with positive TO margins, which has little to do with Brady.  

complementary football my man

You can't really get a read on what Brady would be as an OC, since he is going to have to work with what Dorsey installed. There's also the problem of our subpar WR room, which any coordinator would have to deal with. Beane needs to make upgrading WR talent priority number 1, and 2, and maybe 3, though no doubt S and youth on the DL will continue to be the predilection of this regime (those are concerns.) If we beat Miami and make an extended run for the SB, that will no doubt weigh in his favor. Short of a SB victory, which would assure his position, I hope there is a genuine process of looking at qualified candidates.

21 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I think that our D has a little something to do with our losses against Jax, NE, Cincy, and Denver.  If you think otherwise, great.  Agree to disagree.  

Otherwise, under Dorsey, our offense is averaging about a half-point less than it did all last season under Dorsey.  

Our yardage, 1st-Down generation, particularly in our more important last two games, and scoring, is not significantly different from all of last season or Dorsey's full compliment of 10 games.  

It's funny how that when one points out trends, things like Dorsey's first bunch of games are discounted, the play of our D is heavily discounted, and there's little consideration for a downward spiral of a trend.  

But never fear, Brady's got all the opportunity in the world to show how great he is @ Miami and in the playoffs.  Doesn't he.  :) 

Dorseys season totals are skewed from 3 games of football, I have told you this, but you choose to ignore it.  The offense was atrocious in the other 7 games of football played under Dorsey this season.  Week 1 and weeks 5 through his firing the offense was bad and averaged under 20 ppg. 

I don't care about 3 games weeks 2-4 against bad defenses and mostly bad teams.  I care about the BULK of the season where the offense averaged less than 20 PPG and was 2-5 in those 7 games and had us out of the playoffs.

You want to play make believe and pretend his "season total averages" are the real offense, then go ahead.  But those numbers did NOT reflect at all how the team was really playing for 6 straight weeks as it played itself out of the playoffs until he was fired and the offense majorly improved to 28 PPG against harder defenses and the toughest part of our schedule.  

There isn't a single fact that can be presented that remotely suggests Dorsey should have kept his job over Brady.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Brady’s working within the framework of the playbook he was left.  It’s hard to get a read on what he would do on his own. Plus don’t forget McD really wants to run & control the ball to help his D.  I’m not sure how much leyway yet another OC would get with McD still running the show.

This team is still exhibiting some of the same issues we saw pre Brady.  We lack consistency on both sides of the ball.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

complementary football my man

Well, it would appear that that "complimentary football" offense is minimizing Allen, Diggs, & Co. to make the defense and McD shine.  Many would suggest that that's a huge part of the problem, particularly considering that our D seems to take a vacation once the playoffs begin, being among the worst playoff Ds in the league under McD.  

If the goal is a Championship/Lombardi, that's one thing.  If it's to make McD look good, entirely another.  

Just sayin'.  

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dorseys season totals are skewed from 3 games of football, I have told you this, but you choose to ignore it.  The offense was atrocious in the other 7 games of football played under Dorsey this season.  Week 1 and weeks 5 through his firing the offense was bad and averaged under 20 ppg. 

I don't care about 3 games weeks 2-4 against bad defenses and mostly bad teams.  I care about the BULK of the season where the offense averaged less than 20 PPG and was 2-5 in those 7 games and had us out of the playoffs.

You want to play make believe and pretend his "season total averages" are the real offense, then go ahead.  But those numbers did NOT reflect at all how the team was really playing for 6 straight weeks as it played itself out of the playoffs until he was fired and the offense majorly improved to 28 PPG against harder defenses and the toughest part of our schedule.  

There isn't a single fact that can be presented that remotely suggests Dorsey should have kept his job over Brady.  

Great, so if he's as good as you're implying, then we can all look forward to the explosive offensive performances that this team is capable of with Allen, Diggs, Cook, Kincaid, Davis, Shakir and the OL in the league with the fewest (zero) significant injuries to it of any team in the league.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I still want McD fired and an Offensive Coach brought in. I like Ben Johnson and Monken and then, I know a lot of people wouldn't like it but, I'd go after someone like Jim Harbaugh if I couldn't get those coaches.

Obviously,  McD not getting fired.

But for the people who look to the college ranks for an offensive minded HC...........Harbaugh is more defensive minded than he is offensive minded.    

The college HC who warrants looks is probably Lane Kiffen.   He's in his prime,  is with a good program but not one that can expect to recruit in the top 10 every season or have NIL money like the teams he is competing with.........so he might be poachable........and has been an NFL HC for the Raiders(briefly) and is a creative offensive mind.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well, it would appear that that "complimentary football" offense is minimizing Allen, Diggs, & Co. to make the defense and McD shine.  Many would suggest that that's a huge part of the problem, particularly considering that our D seems to take a vacation once the playoffs begin, being among the worst playoff Ds in the league under McD.  

If the goal is a Championship/Lombardi, that's one thing.  If it's to make McD look good, entirely another.  

Just sayin'.  

Great, so if he's as good as you're implying, then we can all look forward to the explosive offensive performances that this team is capable of with Allen, Diggs, Cook, Kincaid, Davis, Shakir and the OL in the league with the fewest (zero) significant injuries to it of any team in the league.  

This is just completely off the reservation lol

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Obviously,  McD not getting fired.

But for the people who look to the college ranks for an offensive minded HC...........Harbaugh is more defensive minded than he is offensive minded.    

The college HC who warrants looks is probably Lane Kiffen.   He's in his prime,  is with a good program but not one that can expect to recruit in the top 10 every season or have NIL money like the teams he is competing with.........so he might be poachable........and has been an NFL HC for the Raiders(briefly) and is a creative offensive mind.

I want nothing to do with Lane Kiffen. I don't care if he is an Offensive guru he's a clown

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.