ESPN/Barnwell’s All-Pro teams (find the one Bill)

BRH

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Allen has 42 TDs. The next best is Hurts with 38 and that's with like 15 one yard tush push's.  No one else is even close.  While Allen has been up and down this year, I think his individual overall TD production just smoked the entire league.

Allen has been massively productive from a TD standpoint, but he's also only played what, one turnover free game all year? There's a lot of reasons and they certainly aren't all on him, but facts are facts and there are at a minimum two guys at his position who have played better objectively better in than him in several important categories like turnovers and passer rating - coincidentally, those guys are Barnwell's picks and both of them have locked up their conferences' #1 seeds for their respective teams.

Allen has been overlooked several years in the past and outright hosed for MVP at least twice in my book - but on this particular NFL season if you called his performance top 10 but just shy of top 5 I honestly think that's fair. Still wouldn't trade him for anything 👍

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Taron has a shot at genuine all pro votes. Whether he makes 1st or 2nd team I'm not sure. Ed Oliver is the guy who should be an all pro. 

He sure plays like one, but just looking at the stats, he has heavy competition in Madubuike (13 sacks) and Jones (9,5 sacks + big name). But there are 2 All pro teams so he should be in 2nd at worst.

58 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Ed Oliver should be a 2nd team All-Pro. He's having a better season than Donald and Chris Jones. Justin Madubuike is the 1st team All-Pro. 

There are two DT slots on each team. If Ed isn't among the 4 it is inexplicable. 

I take the argument on Madubuike (another guy I really liked coming out btw) and I think as a pass rusher he is very good and has had a terrific season but I think as an all around player Ed has been better. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Barnwell's a clown.  Always has been, always will be.

Edit:  This has nothing to do with his All-Pro list, BTW

Fwiw.........he picked the Bills to win the SB in his his expansive, detailed full playoff prediction piece right before the playoffs last year.

That proved dumb I guess but I wouldn't call him a clown.

He puts in a lot of work on this stuff.    The Bills have had a number of players with very good seasons but simply don't have a lot of "All Pro" candidates this year.

Isn’t Rasul Douglas rated one of the highest CBs from PFF? I know it’s not the be-all, end-all, but the eye test on top of that shows he’s dominating every week. He should be an all pro. Terrell Bernard too. On offense, Josh is more deserving than Purdy. There are 49ers all over Barnwell’s list but no Bills. Yet Josh has outperformed Purdy.

37 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

Yet Josh has outperformed Purdy.

If Josh was playing with Deebo, Aiyuk, McCaffrey, Kittle, and with Trent Williams for protection, he wouldn't have to be superman.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

He sure plays like one, but just looking at the stats, he has heavy competition in Madubuike (13 sacks) and Jones (9,5 sacks + big name). But there are 2 All pro teams so he should be in 2nd at worst.

Aaron Donald has to be ahead of Oliver too. Feels like Oliver's at best #4 and I don't think it's likely the league views him THAT highly.

I think there are decent cases to be made for Josh, Oliver, Douglas, Bernard, and Taron. Josh might be the only one I'd actually give it to this season though, and even that might depend on how Week 18 goes. I think Oliver, Bernard, and Douglas are close but not quite in the real discussion. Taron is definitely in the discussion but we'll see.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.