ESPN/Barnwell’s All-Pro teams (find the one Bill)

BRH

Taron Johnson, second-team slot CB. 

That’s it.  No one else even mentioned, other than a passing reference to Josh and his turnovers.  

McD should be coach of the year if he gets the team to a #2 seed with this little talent.  🤣

• Like (+1) 3

I knew before I clicked on it that Barnwell would exclude all serious Bills candidates and choose a random out of the way hipster Bills choice to show how much smarter and more knowledgeable he is than everyone else. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, BRH said:

Taron Johnson, second-team slot CB. 

That’s it.  No one else even mentioned, other than a passing reference to Josh and his turnovers.  

McD should be coach of the year if he gets the team to a #2 seed with this little talent.  🤣

Any All Pro list without Ed Oliver isn't serious.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 20
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Sounds about right, honestly. Only player of ours I can think would be in legit convo for top 5 at his position this year is Ed Oliver.

Everyone else with potential either got injured (Milano, Daquan) or fizzled out down the stretch (Diggs, Allen). Much as I love those guys, the individual production doesn't justify the achievement if you're talking about just the top 2-3 at their positions this particular year.

7 minutes ago, BRH said:

You know as much as we like to rag on McD, maybe it's not so crazy to say he's gotten this team to overachieve this year. With Diggs waning this year, Allen having legitimate decision making / accuracy struggles, Von Miller eating up massive cap dollars and being unable to contribute... well, it's something to think about I guess.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Sounds about right, honestly. Only player of ours I can think would be in legit convo for top 5 at his position this year is Ed Oliver.

I’d put Dion in there if we’re doing top 5 for sure. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Everyone else with potential either got injured (Milano, Daquan) or fizzled out down the stretch (Diggs, Allen). Much as I love those guys, the individual production doesn't justify the achievement if you're talking about just the top 2-3 at their positions this particular year.

You know as much as we like to rag on McD, maybe it's not so crazy to say he's gotten this team to overachieve this year. With Diggs waning this year, Allen having legitimate decision making / accuracy struggles, Von Miller eating up massive cap dollars and being unable to contribute... well, it's something to think about I guess.

It's not like Leonard Floyd has been having a great year or anything, or hell even Rasul Douglas leads our team in INTs despite joining it in October.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BRH said:

I’d put Dion in there if we’re doing top 5 for sure. 

Yeah, that's fair. But if we're narrowing down to top 2 for an all pro team, I can't say a guy's just being a hater if he puts Trent Williams and Tyron Smith ahead of him.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's not like Leonard Floyd has been having a great year or anything, or hell even Rasul Douglas leads our team in INTs despite joining it in October.

Floyd's had a FANTASTIC year, but he's still not top 5 at his position. We're talking all pro in the entire NFL. Does leading our team in INT's make Rasul Douglas top 5 or even top 10 as a cornerback in the entirety of the 2023 season?? Be realistic.

Leonard Floyd isn't even top 15 in sacks right now. Based on how national media votes for these things, even if they added another 2-3 edge rushers to this article he might not even get a mention. It's not about having a great year, it's about being best at his position in the entire league and it's not a snub by any means to leave him out of that conversation.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Taron is the best at his position. However, take Barnwell out of the equation, and other than Ed Oliver, I don't think any other Bills deserve All-Pro consideration. Which is fine as long as the team wins. 

Agree with this. Maybe Milano or DaQuan of they didn't get hurt.

Torrence for the all rookie team tho

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Taron is the best at his position. However, take Barnwell out of the equation, and other than Ed Oliver, I don't think any other Bills deserve All-Pro consideration. Which is fine as long as the team wins. 

Agreed. Think his team is spot on to what’s been fielded. Was thinking maybe Bernard if not Oliver but if Foyesade Oluokun is omitted, it’s fair. 

Discrepancies I can have is Denzel Ward over Ward in SF or Stevenson in Chicago. Micah Parsons being the second over guys Like Myles Garrett, Maxx Crosby, Danielle Hunter or even Khalil Mack. Think he’s going for the name with him. 

These things are always ambiguous I guess. 

1 hour ago, Yobogoya! said:

the individual production doesn't justify the achievement if you're talking about just the top 2-3 at their positions this particular year.

Allen has 42 TDs. The next best is Hurts with 38 and that's with like 15 one yard tush push's.  No one else is even close.  While Allen has been up and down this year, I think his individual overall TD production just smoked the entire league.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Agree with this. Maybe Milano or DaQuan of they didn't get hurt.

Torrence for the all rookie team tho

Agree, Milano and DeQuan were on track for an All-Pro year, but alas . . .

I have no idea where Torrence ranks with other rookie guards (or linemen, if that's how they do it), but recognition seems like a good bet. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.