Trevor Lawrence-turnover prone?

Ya Digg?

Since Josh has this perception of being turnover prone and that seems to be the biggest thing people talk about with him, why is there not the same narrative about Trevor Lawrence? He has 8 games in his career (including today) where he has had 3+ turnovers. By comparison, Josh only has 5. Not only that, he has only 1 less turnover than Josh has since the start of 2022.

So how is it that turnovers are never really something mentioned with Lawrence? My guess is it has something to do with his draft status and him being a “can’t miss” prospect 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

Since Josh has this perception of being turnover prone and that seems to be the biggest thing people talk about with him, why is there not the same narrative about Trevor Lawrence? He has 8 games in his career (including today) where he has had 3+ turnovers. By comparison, Josh only has 5. Not only that, he has only 1 less turnover than Josh has since the start of 2022.

So how is it that turnovers are never really something mentioned with Lawrence? My guess is it has something to do with his draft status and him being a “can’t miss” prospect 

Trevor Lawrence is turnover prone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They are both horribly turnover prone.   They have the same exact turnover rate 1.4 turnovers per game.   The narrative isnt as strong with Lawrence because he is both earlier in his career, and not as good as Josh, which is to say no one really cares about Trevor Lawrence.   

That said, 1.4 turnovers a game is absolutely unacceptable.   Josh has to cut it out.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

14 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Probably because he keeps getting injured.

I think his concussions are proving to be a bigger issue than a lot of people are willing to recognize/admit. He's taken a beating this year all around, and I hope he stays healthy, but it would not surprise me if going forward we see him fall off in regards to accuracy and the number of picks thrown.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I think his concussions are proving to be a bigger issue than a lot of people are willing to recognize/admit. He's taken a beating this year all around, and I hope he stays healthy, but it would not surprise me if going forward we see him fall off in regards to accuracy and the number of picks thrown.

Game I watched them against Cleveland dude got straight murdered. I don’t know how he finished the game.

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They are both horribly turnover prone.   They have the same exact turnover rate 1.4 turnovers per game.   The narrative isnt as strong with Lawrence because he is both earlier in his career, and not as good as Josh, which is to say no one really cares about Trevor Lawrence.   

That said, 1.4 turnovers a game is absolutely unacceptable.   Josh has to cut it out.  

Fortunately Josh also leads the NFL in total TDs over that time by a very wide margin also.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not gonna happen.. get used to Josh being near the top of the league every year in turnovers, thankfully he’ll also be at the top in TDs every year.

just the way it is

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Lawrence is losing prone.

• Sad 1

Because people want to hold onto their pre draft beliefs that Josh isn't a good QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Simple answer, because Lawrence is just another guy. He’s not yet considered an elite QB.

Allen gets heat because not only is he an elite top 3 QB in this league for going on 4 years now, but he is tangibly the best QB in the game when he is on. Even better than Mahomes. Him being on often means not turning the ball over. I think he gets heat for the turnovers because people know what his high standard of excellence is.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.