That was the Chargers Super Bowl

Einstein

And they lost.

Think about it

- A team with nothing to lose

- 12 point underdogs (feel disrespected)

- Just had 8 days off and are playing at home (while we had to fly across the country with only 5 days off)

- Get the Interim head coach bump

- Fired up players that want to impress for next years coaching staff

All of that is a dangerous combo.

Most teams wouldn’t have looked their best today against the Chargers.

They came out punching, we gave them three extra drives (turnovers), and we still won. 

how many times did we see the Super Bowl patriots teams over the years pull close wins out of their butt? 

Many, many times.

I know a lot of you probably feel a little down after that performance. Don’t. We are nine and six, and we control our own destiny.

GO BILLS!!!

HEY EY EY EY.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 29
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Doesn't matter. That was not a good performance by the Bills, no matter which way you slice it. The team out there today with that effort does not sniff a super bowl. Glad they got the win, but that Chargers team has a bunch of nobodies out there. It should not have been close.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I have a feeling that’s going to be a bloodbath - we’re going to eat Jones (or Zappe?) alive at the Ralph.

Yeah, feels that home field is the major factor there. Not just that we're the better team. The nerves won't be nearly as on show, i hope

3 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Doesn't matter. That was not a good performance by the Bills, no matter which way you slice it. The team out there today with that effort does not sniff a super bowl. Glad they got the win, but that Chargers team has a bunch of nobodies out there. It should not have been close.

Chargers gave it their best, my hats off to them.  Having said that, the Bills did not play very well for the most part

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

Yeah man nobodies like Khalil Mack and Austin Ekeler.

Tell me more about how you haven’t watched any football this year. It’s a sloppy season. Flacco is playoff bound. There are no teams decimating by 40.

Good lord the 2011 Pats did a number on Bills fans. Dominance like that is not the norm anymore, it is an absolute grind. I ask this every week: tell me what team is dominating in the way you want the Bills to dominate? Even SF had that 3 game break down and if it’s not them you got nobody 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And they lost.

A team with nothing to lose, 12 point underdogs, an Interim head coach, fired up players that want to impress for next years coaching staff, etc. That’s a dangerous combo. Most teams wouldn’t have looked their best today.

They came out punching, we gave them three extra drives (turnovers), and we still won. 

how many times did we see the Super Bowl patriots teams over the years pull close wins out of their butt? 

Many, many times.

I know a lot of you probably feel a little down after that performance. Don’t. We are nine and six, and we control our own destiny.

GO BILLS!!!

HEY EY EY EY.

It’s just that Chargers played tough, the Bills had a ton of penalties and turned the ball over twice in the own territory and once near midfield.  Still the result of those turnovers were 13 points.  

My concern is that the offense looked very disjointed again.  Bad performance by the OL and Diggs just doesn’t look the same.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And they lost.

A team with nothing to lose, 12 point underdogs, an Interim head coach, fired up players that want to impress for next years coaching staff, etc. That’s a dangerous combo. Most teams wouldn’t have looked their best today.

Many, many times.

GO BILLS!!!

HEY EY EY EY.

This is a good take.  Every once in a while I go back and look at late-season games in 1964 and in the Super Bowl run.  There were a lot of these games.   Win and advance.  Find a way to win.   Cough up the lead late in the fourth quarter?  Well, find a way to win.  

It's easier to find a way when Josh Allen is the QB.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I appreciate the optimism, but that was the Bills Super Bowl as well.

If they lost, they go home. Season is likely over.

Can't let teams stick around like that. Love the win though and I'm thrilled, regardless.

Right, I'd understand that logic more if we were coasting to the playoffs and this was just another game for us. But we had much more on the line here than they did. 

10 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Tell me more about how you haven’t watched any football this year. It’s a sloppy season. Flacco is playoff bound. There are no teams decimating by 40.

Good lord the 2011 Pats did a number on Bills fans. Dominance like that is not the norm anymore, it is an absolute grind. I ask this every week: tell me what team is dominating in the way you want the Bills to dominate? Even SF had that 3 game break down and if it’s not them you got nobody 

lol apparently you’ve never seen the weekly predict the score threads here. The vast vast majority of the picks have the Bills routinely winning by 40 or so points. This week people were especially optimistic of the 40 point victory with the Chargers assuredly going to roll over for us. I’d say by the predictions and your quoted assertion, that a lot of people on here definitely don’t watch football. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

Chargers fired all their canons They played hard 60 minutes   Give it to the interim staff they had the team playing hard with nothing on the line and Bills fans having taken over their stadium

The Chargers played about as well as they could today considering their available personnel. I wasn’t surprised. What did surprise me was how badly the Bills played today, considering their personnel. Bills were lucky to escape today considering all their mistakes. 

18 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

You’re not allowed to say “that was *insert team*’s Super Bowl” when your team has never won a Super Bowl. Sound like a Pats fan anytime an AFC East team beat them during their dynasty.

You don’t seem to understand what that phrase means, if you think only teams that have won a SB can say it.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I had a feeling that Staley's firing would get them fired up

Agreed and you could tell from the get-go that the Chargers were trying to make a statement.

They ran several trick plays you rarely ever see in a regular season game of a 5-9 team.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And they lost.

Many, many times.

GO BILLS!!!

HEY EY EY EY.

Throw in an athletic qb you have no film on and it was a tough task once they got behind.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Throw in an athletic qb you have no film on and it was a tough task once they got behind.

Yeah, Stick or Slick or whatever his name was made some very impressive throws today. And he can move.

We still outscored them 24-12 over the final 3 quarters.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.