Albany/Clifton Park NY - Where to Watch? (also my 40th bday)

HardyBoy

Normally wouldn't post something like this, but a bit of a unique circumstance.

Up visiting my in-laws in Clifton Park and wondering if there is anywhere cool to watch the game with other bills fans?

It's also my 40th birthday tomorrow (Dec 23rd)... I'm originally from Rochester, so don't have friends in this area really and the idea of sitting just sitting in my in laws house all night (like I do basically every year on birthday) sounds pretty lame for my 40th.

I can't guarentee I can get out of the house, but looking for options.

Would be cool to get adult only options, but also someplace I could potentially bring my six year old for the first half and then have one of his grandparents drive him home (the kid is legit die hard already and knows all about rules and strategy and is a lot of fun to watch sports with already and he's cool, but my in-laws could also watch both my kids and give the wife and I a chance to get out for a night).

Anyway, I'm more fun at parties than I am at being good at keeping my posts short!

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 1

• HardyBoy changed the title to Albany/Clifton Park NY - Where to Watch? (also my 40th bday)

Mafia Approved! Top Ranked Bills Backer Bars in the Capital Regio (wgna.com)

#5 Ravenswood, Clifton Park

Ravenswood in Clifton Park has been a top spot for fans of the Bills to gather on game day! With over 15 Flat Screen televisions and awesome food, it's no wonder why it is a Bills Backers favorite!

@Gugny @Albany,n.y. any ideas? 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Ravenswood in Clifton Park has been a top spot for fans of the Bills to gather on game day! With over 15 Flat Screen televisions and awesome food, it's no wonder why it is a Bills Backers favorite!

I work in CP. I will ask around and check it out. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Andysplaylist said:

McGeary’s in Albany (ok wings, could be packed), PJs bbq in Saratoga (good bbq), or Pam’s pub in Clifton park (bar but usually laid back, have brought my kids here)

I've been to Pam's Pub before, it's right around the corner from their place...I like it, but looking for somewhere a bit bigger I think. 

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

I'm not a bar guy, so I've never been to any of them.  Clifton Park is, relatively speaking, kind of far to go from where I live when closer options are available.  This season only 2 or 3 games weren't available at home.  I go to the OTB Clubhouse Race Book for 1:00 games not on TV because I get my own booth & can turn up the audio.  Thursday games are tough, because a lot of places including OTB don't stay open late enough to watch the game.  Fortunately, Chongli told me about Twitch where Amazon gives the Thursday night games away for free and I watched the Bills/Tampa game at home.  

7 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Spend 6 bucks on the in Laws for Christmas and get them Peacock for a month

I got a peacock subscription for $20 for the year during black Friday, being able to watch isn't the issue... it's more I'd ideally watch the game with other bills fans, especially on my birthday

26 minutes ago, GymShorts84 said:

https://unified-beerworks.com/

unified Beerworks in Malta is a Bills Bar. Nice atmosphere, great beer. Might be packed. 

The link says they close at 9 pm on Saturdays, so they may not be an option unless they are making an exception for tonight's game. It's a lot tougher finding a place to view night games around here than I imagined until I started looking for a place to watch the 2 streaming night games and was faced with a lot fewer options than on a Sunday afternoon.

• Like (+1) 1

PJ's BBQ in Saratoga is a cool spot.  I've been there before but not for a Bills game.  We actually just stumbled upon it on our way home from a golf trip and didn't even know it was a Bills bar until we got out of our car and saw a Bills flag flying outside the building.  The staff was super friendly and fun and the food was awesome.  

P.S.  Happy Birthday!!! 🎂

• Like (+1) 1

After looking at the link, I can tell you that I’ve been to The Ruck, PJ’s and McGeary’s - although, never for a Bills game. 

The Ruck - great wings and beer selection. 

PJ’s - great BBQ. The bar area is decked out with lots of Bills posters, jerseys, etc. A few years back, PJ joined a bunch of local TBDers for lunch at another restaurant and introduced himself. The next luncheon we did, we went to PJ’s. He was nice enough to give us a tour and he and his staff are SUPER friendly. 

McGeary’s - My McGeary’s experiences have exclusively been pre and post-gaming concerts at the Palace Theatre, which is across the street. It’s a dive, but the food is good and staff is friendly. The last time I was there, I was standing at the bar waiting to order drinks and the woman in front of me farted and I thought my face was going to melt off. Great times. Things @LeviF’s go-to for Bills games, so he can provide more useful input. I just hope that smelly skank isn’t there if you go. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I suspect I am aging myself here but I don’t give a triple F, I miss the Arc in Watervliet. I don’t know if that place is even still around but at one point, before DirectTV, or even the internet, it was the only bar in the Capital region that had all the games, so it felt like anyone who rooted for a team that wasn’t the Giants or Jets that lived within 45 min. would watch the games there.

I don’t miss the place itself so much as the experience, as they twice food poisoned my buddy who would often join me on the trek from MA. undercooked sausage and pepper subs will get ya!.  It was a big time sports bar before that was even a thing. 

Irrelevant to this discussion but good memories.  

Edited by faderphreak

12 minutes ago, faderphreak said:

I suspect I am aging myself here but I don’t give a triple F, I miss the Arc in Watervliet. I don’t know if that place is even still around but at one point, before DirectTV, or even the internet, it was the only bar in the Capital region that had all the games, so it felt like anyone who rooted for a team that wasn’t the Giants or Jets that lived within 45 min. would watch the games there.

I don’t miss the place itself so much as the experience, as they twice food poisoned my buddy who would often join me on the trek from MA. undercooked sausage and pepper subs will get ya!.  It was a big time sports bar before that was even a thing. 

Ahhhhh yes - Watervliet.

I sure miss stopping at Gus's.

Patrick’s Pub in watervliet should have it. Not an official Bills Backers location but the bartender told me they get a good crowd for Bills games. 

McGeary’s is the official Bills backers bar of Albany. Get there early it’ll be standing room only about a half hour before kickoff. 

5 hours ago, faderphreak said:

I remember when the Arc had the big satellites there.  Then I went there for a preseason game & they only had the small dishes & I raced up the Northway with 2 of my friends going 80 MPH until we got to Saratoga to a bar that still had the big satellites.  A few years later the Arc closed.  I haven't been on that road in years, so I have no idea what they did with the building.  

One memory I had was going to the Arc to watch the season finale in 1994 vs the Colts.  I was with a Jets fan & I was rooting for the Bills to lose for a higher pick since the season finale was meaningless.  The Bills lost & picked Ruben Brown at pick 14.   

On 12/23/2023 at 3:59 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

I remember when the Arc had the big satellites there.  Then I went there for a preseason game & they only had the small dishes & I raced up the Northway with 2 of my friends going 80 MPH until we got to Saratoga to a bar that still had the big satellites.  A few years later the Arc closed.  I haven't been on that road in years, so I have no idea what they did with the building.  

One memory I had was going to the Arc to watch the season finale in 1994 vs the Colts.  I was with a Jets fan & I was rooting for the Bills to lose for a higher pick since the season finale was meaningless.  The Bills lost & picked Ruben Brown at pick 14.   

Good Times!  I did that Saratoga run a time or two as well back in those days.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.