AFC Championship Game and Super Bowl, did we just sweep the preview?

zow2

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

You never know, if the Bills play themselves into the playoffs they might just have to beat KC and Dallas again, back to back. I’m here for it and all in!

More likely have to beat Baltimore and SF. SF will be truly hard to beat IMO the best team in football this year.. but their HC chokes in the big game lol..

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

Just now, Bob Jones said:

I highly doubt that Dallas will get to the SB this year, but I guess anything is possible.....that's why they play the games. 🤪

Yeah i hear you.  I kind of think Dallas just got slapped back into reality and they will be dialed in for the rest of the season.  They are fortunate that their playoffs admission ticket was not torn up by that loss.  Unlike our guys who have used up all their lives and have to be perfect the rest of the way.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Yeah i hear you.  I kind of think Dallas just got slapped back into reality and they will be dialed in for the rest of the season.  They are fortunate that their playoffs admission ticket was not torn up by that loss.  Unlike our guys who have used up all their lives and have to be perfect the rest of the way.

This is Dallas! They will choke in the division round, fire McCarthy and trade NE a 1st and 2 NF round pick to have BB be their coach.. lol I kid about the trade but they will choke and they always do! Lucky for them the Eagles seem be choking in the regular season. 

24 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

This is Dallas! They will choke in the division round, fire McCarthy and trade NE a 1st and 2 NF round pick to have BB be their coach.. lol I kid about the trade but they will choke and they always do! Lucky for them the Eagles seem be choking in the regular season. 

I don't think they choke. I think they are habitually overrated. They perform to their level. They beat up on bad teams. They feast on a weaker conference. Dak is not an elite QB. He is a good QB that doesn't have that extra gear to put the team on his back.

I will say that they have some good defensive pieces now, though.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

More likely have to beat Baltimore and SF. SF will be truly hard to beat IMO the best team in football this year.. but their HC chokes in the big game lol..

If Bills win the AFC E, we would probably play Baltimore in the divisionals.

5 minutes ago, chongli said:

If Bills win the AFC E, we would probably play Baltimore in the divisionals.

not necessarily if you are figuring the Bills are the 4 seed.  I could easily see the 6 or 7 seed pulling off an upset this year. I would say pretty likely at least one of the two lowest seeds pulls out an upset. 

If the Bills make the playoffs the two best teams are the Ravens and Bills for sure. With the Bills probably being the best considering the 4-0 finish and so close to 6-0 if the Eagles kicker just misses a 59 yard FG. KC probably solidly alone as the third best and I would have the remaining 4 teams all as equals. 

• Agree 1

San Fran and buffalo are peaking at the right times in my pion and it’s telling 

don’t see anyone else growing more than these two

Maybe we finally see our Sam Francisco vs buffalo superbowl 

Idk why I feel the ravens are much like the cowboys … little better than dolphins but idk

As some have said, the favorite for AFCCG have to be Baltimore and for the Super Bowl the 49ers.

But it only takes 1 bad week and there are questions about almost every team that's playoff bound (or will be)

Baltimore: can Lamar finish a season and if he does will he finally show up big in the playoffs?

San Francisco: Will CMC actually make it a full season and playoffs without injury? Without him that offense could sputter.

Dallas: Can they win several road playoff games?

Miami: Can they win against good teams?

Philadelphia: Seem to be falling off

Jacksonville and Detroit look tough, but again what happens when they play better quality opponents? Meanwhile KC and Buffalo and teams like Cincy and Cleveland are lurking.

What teams suffer injury between now and the Wild Card round? 

This year is more wide open in both conferences than I can remember it ever being. 

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

All it will take is an injury or two and there will be same situation as last year with Eagles. 

You mean losing their last healthy QB and forced to put back in your starter whose arm was shot and unable to throw? They made a rule change to make sure that never happens again. (Emergency backup QB that doesn’t count against the active squad) I think even Mac Jones would have won that game for them last year.. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

As some have said, the favorite for AFCCG have to be Baltimore and for the Super Bowl the 49ers.

But it only takes 1 bad week and there are questions about almost every team that's playoff bound (or will be)

Baltimore: can Lamar finish a season and if he does will he finally show up big in the playoffs?

San Francisco: Will CMC actually make it a full season and playoffs without injury? Without him that offense could sputter.

Dallas: Can they win several road playoff games?

Miami: Can they win against good teams?

Philadelphia: Seem to be falling off

Jacksonville and Detroit look tough, but again what happens when they play better quality opponents? Meanwhile KC and Buffalo and teams like Cincy and Cleveland are lurking.

What teams suffer injury between now and the Wild Card round? 

This year is more wide open in both conferences than I can remember it ever being. 

Great breakdown, but CMC was healthy last year, it was the fact they didn’t have 1 healthy QB left on the roster against Philly that allowed Philly to win.  

Jacksonville is fading, and if Stroud gets healthy the Texans may take the south. Both them and Detroit are wildly inconsistent and Detroits QB is going to stop them going to far. 

Baltimore struggles mightily against good teams, especially ones that can stop the run and keep Jackson in the pocket, he is deadly accurate when he scrambles.

i will add the Bills:

Wildly inconsistent all year, finally look like they got the O and D playing well again. Can they avoid the let down and losing to an inferior team the next two weeks? Will this late run be enough to make the playoffs or is it to little to late? (Tune in next week same bat time same bat channel lol)

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.