Report: Stroud likely out Sunday

Big Blitz

• Simon changed the title to Report: Stroud likely out Sunday
2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is good. I think we want the Browns to win. They are getting in almost regardless, so I think we need them to knock others out.

Right I agree - I’m just talking about CJ’s health.  Just to clarify and I know you care to I know what you mean. 

Yea we want Cleveland to win.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Right I agree - I’m just talking about CJ’s health.  Just to clarify and I know you are to I know what you mean.  

Yea we want Cleveland to win.  

Oh, I got you. my bad.

absolutely feel the same way. Love seeing Stroud play and would never wish injury on him or anyone else. 

• Agree 1

I will say this kudos to Demeco Ryans for taking precautions with Stroud and his head injury versus pushing to make the playoffs with him as a risk. A lot of first year coaches wouldn't do that but I think he also realizes that better things are ahead and he needs him for 12 years versus making the playoffs with a team that probably isn't ready yet.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Nah.  Knock Houston out for sure.  Then have the Browns also knock out the Bengals.

Agree. Bills need to leapfrog 2 teams, and a loss by Houston accomplishes one of those, and a loss by the Bengals accomplishes the other. Browns gotta lose 2 for the Bills to pass them. 

Also, Colts and Texans play head to head to end the season. So if the Texans get their loss from the Browns, we can root for them to drag the Colts down, too. 

14 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is good. I think we want the Browns to win. They are getting in almost regardless, so I think we need them to knock others out.

Browns are a pretty big win probability boost if they win… it’s a 12% swing of us getting in with 10 wins if the browns win 

jaguars losing would be huge too that’s a 17% swing.  If the browns and bucs win we’re up to about 70% to make it in with 10 wins 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Bengals and Texans lose 2.

Broncos and Steelers lose 1. 

That should mean at 10-7 we’d get in.

Thats why the Texans and Bengals wins this week are so frustrating.  They should absolutely lose at least 1 more.  

Absolutely. Thrilled bills handled business but very frustrated abbot Texans and bengals outcome (browns as well but at this point I have them locked in a spot). This week of course bills need to take care of chargers then give me a browns, Steelers, falcons, cowboys, bucs, and pats win.  I’d love for week 18 to be for the division but I need scenarios where if bills drop that game they get in wildcard 10-7 (after beating chargers and pats). 

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I will say this kudos to Demeco Ryans for taking precautions with Stroud and his head injury versus pushing to make the playoffs with him as a risk. A lot of first year coaches wouldn't do that but I think he also realizes that better things are ahead and he needs him for 12 years versus making the playoffs with a team that probably isn't ready yet.

I’m sure Ryans’ concern is there, but it isn’t his call. Stroud hasn’t been medically cleared to play. 

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Exactly.  They weren't supposed to be this good already.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.