OT - Isiah Mckenzie and Tony Brown suspended for remainder of the season

The Wiz

18 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

seeing that they purposely killed protected wildlife including bald eagle

seeing that they purposely killed protected wildlife including bald eagle

I think the guy who started that rumor is a known parody account on "X"

Guy named "Steve Shubin" aka @kc_truthful posted it on the twitters and the colts reddit forum picked it up

I've bagged on McKenzie a lot in the past, but mainly because he's more of a scatterbrained clown (which affects his play) than a bad guy.

He isnt a drinker, so the bar fight story doesnt make sense. The rare bird stuff isnt anything the team or NFL would care about this much.

I'd bet it's for gambling (pun intended). They probably got caught on some app or something and the team is getting ahead of the NFL.

17 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Dunne did include a positive quote from Dirty but that doesn’t necessarily mean everything he said was positive.  Dunne could have used the positive quote as red herring.  

Regardless, the Bills know what the ceiling of McKenzie is and I think they are looking for more from a WR5/WR6

This is it.  They moved on hoping Deonte Harty was an upgrade.  Doesn't seem to be, but that doesn't mean they'll move back.  They need to keep looking.

33 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I've bagged on McKenzie a lot in the past, but mainly because he's more of a scatterbrained clown (which affects his play) than a bad guy.

He isnt a drinker, so the bar fight story doesnt make sense. The rare bird stuff isnt anything the team or NFL would care about this much.

I'd bet it's for gambling (pun intended). They probably got caught on some app or something and the team is getting ahead of the NFL.

I think if it were for gambling, the Colts would turn the evidence over to the league and let the league act.  Seems like a violation where the league acts rapidly.

Someone else pointed out that McK says he doesn't drink, but he could still have been at a club or bar as the dd or just to hang out.

An on field fight that went too far or something in the facility are also options.  The NFL pretty well leaves discipline in those matters to the clubs so the club couldn't sit back and let the league handle the appeal from the NFLPA. 

I wonder if there will be an appeal?  Can club actions be appealed?

Edited by Beck Water

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think if it were for gambling, the Colts would turn the evidence over to the league and let the league act.  Seems like a violation where the league acts rapidly.

Someone else pointed out that McK says he doesn't drink, but he could still have been at a club or bar as the dd or just to hang out.

An on field fight that went too far or something in the facility are also options.  The NFL pretty well leaves discipline in those matters to the clubs so the club couldn't sit back and let the league handle the appeal from the NFLPA. 

I wonder if there will be an appeal?  Can club actions be appealed?

There is a strip club in Indy that athletes get in trouble at all the time called Club Rio. I would bet pretty good money that if there was an incident at a "bar" it was there.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Harty actually made me miss McKenzie this season. Terrible signing.

But what a huge missed opportunity for McKenzie’s career last season and now we’re here unfortunately.

Sorry, but no. Harty needs to be better utilized and McKenzie was  terrible end of last season.

Edited by davefan66

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Harty actually made me miss McKenzie this season. Terrible signing.

But what a huge missed opportunity for McKenzie’s career last season and now we’re here unfortunately.

Did McKenzie do anything Harty doesn’t?   His receiving stats were better but there also was less competition at slot WR last year.  

Not that I think Harty was a HR by any means.  It was a bad signing.  But I don’t feel the Bills really miss McKenzie after we saw what he could do in an expanded role last season.  

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Did McKenzie do anything Harty doesn’t?   His receiving stats were better but there also was less competition at slot WR last year.  

Not that I think Harty was a HR by any means.  It was a bad signing.  But I don’t feel the Bills really miss McKenzie after we saw what he could do in an expanded role last season.  

Have the Bills used Harty much if at all on those jet sweeps and reverses?  The few I've seen they were trying to use Diggs. 

The main thing with Harty when I've seen him is he doesn't look either fast or quick to me.  McKenzie legit had speed.

Re: suspension Indy Press trying to find out why.  Steichen not spilling any

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

lol ya it did sound kind of bizarre,  I got got

You got company in getting got

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.