Daquan Jones’ 21-day practice window has been opened, per McD

Roundybout

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Jones has to maul his was past a 300+lb man EVERY snap, hand fighting the entire time.  

This is true.

But it is also true of Watt. 

Watt is a hand in the dirt defender and often has to fight through two players (because teams put extra guys on him). He is ont he left here:

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This is true.

But it is also true of Watt. 

Watt is a hand in the dirt defender and often has to fight through two players (because teams put extra guys on him). He is ont he left here:

Looks like he lost his footing...the Tackle was just kind of there to help him to the ground.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Simon said:

If that is what this is about, I hope they don't rush him.

They're rolling right now and can afford to ease him back in very slowly.

Waiting to dress him for the Miami game would give them a nice bump and allow him another few weeks to heal.

Yeah, I think they might activate him and let him start practicing for the next 2 weeks.  Guys always think they'll be ready to go immediately and need the training staff to pull the reins in.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Waiting to dress him for the Miami game would give them a nice bump and allow him another few weeks to heal.

I would be tempted (if he's cleared) to have him back for the NE game. Limited snaps, of course.  But just something to help get his game legs back under him before the Miami game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Joseph has filled in pretty well.  Barring any new injuries, personally if I'd rather have Milano back of the two.  Think that may be a bigger help.

And I'd like a vacation to the Dominican Republic, and a Pony.

It's not a question of preference, it's a question of the normal recovery timeline for the injury.  McDermott said that it was a chance to get DaQuan back late in the season, but not Milano from what he's been told about it.  That fits what Bangedup Bills said about the timeline of a pec tear requiring surgery (what Jones had) vs. a tibial plateau fracture (if that's what Milano had)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

And I'd like a vacation to the Dominican Republic, and a Pony.

It's not a question of preference, it's a question of the normal recovery timeline for the injury.  McDermott said that it was a chance to get DaQuan back late in the season, but not Milano from what he's been told about it.  That fits what Bangedup Bills said about the timeline of a pec tear requiring surgery (what Jones had) vs. a tibial plateau fracture (if that's what Milano had)

Why do you want a pony??

Yes I get it, BUT if I could snap my magic fingers I'd prefer Milano, but likely not the case.

3 hours ago, Simon said:

This^.  Or if we lock up the playoffs sooner, let him sit until then.  While the defense is playing a lot better, our front 4 was beyond exceptional with him in the game.  A healthy Jones would really bring us up a level

• Agree 1

• Roundybout changed the title to Daquan Jones’ 21-day practice window has been opened, per McD

With Phillips out, the Bills appear to be ready to call on Poona Ford.  Frankly, he's just a band aid.  Buffalo should be OK facing the Chargers without Phillips this week and the Patriots on New Years Eve.  It would be great if they could get Jones back for the Dolphins in the finale.  If the Bills make the playoffs, I think there is a pretty good chance Phillips will be back.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.