This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

On 12/19/2023 at 7:43 AM, Heavy Kevi said:

I have watched every game for decades. Literally.

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

It's the NFL as always making the money grab, they made the deal with Peacock. The one and only thing they care about the fans is how deep their pockets are.

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

By the way- 30 seconds to download the app, to subscribe another min to download on tv, then then using the wr code to link the subscription… it was more like 7 minutes, and 6 dollars. Middle finger to nfl.

Maybe the next time the bills suck for two decades I will stop watching 

No you won't :)

• Haha (+1) 1

Don’t worry about it, it was worth missing… 😁👍🍸🚬 yet we still won,  😂

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

By the way- 30 seconds to download the app, to subscribe another min to download on tv, then then using the wr code to link the subscription… it was more like 7 minutes, and 6 dollars. Middle finger to nfl.

How long does it take to drive to a bar and back…I will guess not under 7 minutes. 

13 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So sorry that you wasted 7 minutes and $6. The horror!! 

Look at the glass half full. Now you’ll move to “Over 30 Years of Fanhood.” You don’t need to reset the clock.

You missed a great game.

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Look at the glass half full. Now you’ll move to “Over 30 Years of Fanhood.” You don’t need to reset the clock.

Not to mention he's set if the Bills end up with the Peacock Exclusive Wild Card game because, of course....

• Agree 1

So I ponied up the whopping $5.99 for Peacock. 

Then last night, we went to our friends’ house for a couple drinks and to play some pool. 

Figured we’d watch the first quarter … maybe the first half, then head back home (about 3 minutes away). 

Ended up staying there for the entire game. 

Guess I’ll just keep it for the playoff game. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

like other things I stopped counting at 29 a while ago

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I waited all night for my phone to ring. I was at SoFi just dying to do an awesome play by play call…..and….nothing! So I’m going to guess you’all got it to work. 👍

You forgot to post you number  😳 

• Haha (+1) 1

Streaming is what it is, and been posted elsewhere but the whole BS commercial free fourth quarter was annoying.  I guess me being gullible to believe the NFL and NBC would try to make the game quicker or give back to people signing up.  I hear Collinsworth and Jason Garrett enough I don't need to hear more.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.