A Few Thoughts about the Cowboys Game, in no particular order

Virgil

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Funny. I said weeks ago that if the Bills could just find a way to make the playoffs that they could be one of the most dangerous teams in it. Some people rolled their emoji eyes at me. Now the media is all saying it. 

Well some have their eyes rolled back so far they cannot see and are as bad as the talking heads who will not give up campaign that Josh Allen will never be high end starter in NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well some have their eyes rolled back so far they cannot see and are as bad as the talking heads who will not give up campaign that Josh Allen will never be high end starter in NFL.

To me, the issue was the defense.  Josh could score 40 and I wasn’t convinced we wouldn’t give up 41.  We blew so many games on the final drives, I believe it was a warranted concern.  

These last two weeks have felt different and if we play the same way the next three weeks, we can beat anyone 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

On point number 6. I definitely agree with Rapp. Dude scares me to include for our own players safety. 

Dodson being penalized was unfair I thought. Dak was still running and looked like he was about to cut inside. I mean he barely started the slide process and he was basically on top of Dodson. QBs, if they want to be protected, need to slide to allow an appropriate amount of space and human reaction time to the defender.  Same thing goes for QBs running out of bounds. 

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Funny. I said weeks ago that if the Bills could just find a way to make the playoffs that they could be one of the most dangerous teams in it. Some people rolled their emoji eyes at me. Now the media is all saying it. 

So the team with the 4th highest point differential in the NFL might be dangerous if they make the playoffs?  

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

On point number 6. I definitely agree with Rapp. Dude scares me to include for our own players safety. 

Dodson being penalized was unfair I thought. Dak was still running and looked like he was about to cut inside. I mean he barely started the slide process and he was basically on top of Dodson. QBs, if they want to be protected, need to slide to allow an appropriate amount of space and human reaction time to the defender.  Same thing goes for QBs running out of bounds. 

Dodson lead with the crown of his helmet…15 yard penalty all day long.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Brady also had DEs dropping back doing covering of WRs which is something a previous DC was criticized for in this forum.   

It was very effective when these smaller WRs were hit by the DEs.

I know Brady is so hot right now amongst fans but I don't think he calls the defense plays quite yet.  

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Trading for Douglas has turned the bills into a chippy hard hitting defense. The guy is a baller 

and Rapp and Dodson, who are the anti-Hyde ,  Poyer, Rapp and Dodson; they are looking to hurt you, whereas Hyde / Milano avoid big hits.   

...Somewhere, Leonard Smith is smiling....  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just to clear up one thing, Dallas did bring in a 5th defensive lineman to help stop the run. That’s when Buffalo started running to the outside more. That makes buffalos dominant day running the ball more impressive. People think Dallas didn’t try to adjust because they never stopped Buffalo. Truth is they did try and it didn’t matter!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

He hit him in the head, helmet to helmet. Good news, we also got that call later on Shakir.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I was one of those that believed, based on history with McD, that they could come out of the bye, win out and take the AFC East again.  They’ve now won what seemed the 2 toughest games of the 5.

Hopefully they can continue vs the Chargers.  It’s raining out here right now but forecast is for partly cloudy and temps in  low 60s for Saturday.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Trading for Douglas has turned the bills into a chippy hard hitting defense. The guy is a baller 

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

Agreed.  I didn’t see the value in the trade at the time.   Very happy to be wrong 

I liked it at the time, but even I didn't see Douglas being as good as before. I saw him as "ok, he's a spot piece for this year"

Now, I am not sure that we don't roll out Douglas, Benford and Johnson and Tre's future is not as a starter on our team.

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

Not sure how many times I’m going to have to post this in here, but I’m going to keep doing it.  Rapp absolutely was in the right, and did what he needed to do on the play where he was flagged for a late hit.

Dak was FIVE YARDS PAST the 1st down marker when he very easily could have just run out of bounds, but HE DIDN’T. Instead, he turned left, toward the middle of the field, seeking to gain more yards. So here comes the defenders, at full speed, seeing a guy not going OOB, but looking to keep going down the field. And then Dak sees said defenders and decides to give up/slide at the last possible moment. Rapp, or any defender, at that point, can’t stop on a dime. Bad call by the refs.

The reality is that a lot of these running QBs are gaming the system and getting some defenders to give up early because the defenders are afraid of the PF call. I applaud Rapp and say keep being aggressive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

@Virgil thank you for writing again.  I enjoy your posts!

Cook is fantastic!  Hope he keeps his legs under him for the rest of the season and the playoffs.  The acceleration after a gigantic cut is fantastic.  The pulling game by the o-line was next level too.  Exceptionally drawn up and executed.  It’s been in the playbook for awhile now, pre-Brady, but this game really highlighted the athleticism of our o-line.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.