An issue with Directv for the Chargers game

mrags

Thought this might help some people understand before it’s too late. Anyone else in the WNY area have Directv? Well, as of right now there’s a contract dispute between DTV and Tegna. So if you are trying to view the game this week on channel 2. You’ll need to find another way. I haven’t checked yet but I’m assuming the Peacock app will work. Or there’s always the old bunny ears approach. Good luck this Saturday. 

Edited by mrags
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• mrags changed the title to And issue with Directv for the Chargers game
8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

These disputes are almost always done during NFL season with NFL fans weapons in this dispute. 

The carrier whether is FIOS, Comcast, Tenga or others never gives a refund despite them claiming NFL is large portion of cost.

Yeah I know they always have issues. Happened in channel 4 earlier in the year. I had my hi def antenna out for games in preseason for that reason. It was all fixed for the regular season if I’m not mistaken. Usually the local games are always on 4 but because this is exclusive to Peacock it’s in 2 only. And that is my issue this week. I’ve seen the threads about people boycotting and not watching or paying the $6 for a membership. That’s ridiculous imo. It’s going to continue to happen. Even more now that streaming has become bigger and bigger. The NFL isn’t worried about it and likely laughs their way to the bank every year after all their tv contracts earn them billions more than they did the years before. Holding out and boycotting only affects your ability to watch your team. It only hurts you. 

• Like (+1) 1

ENY has the same problem.  Albany area hasn't had FOX all season and nothing any one can do.  NFL is pure greed.  You can't get all the steaming services.  Can't record on most.  Need a smart TV.  WiFi.  Fiberoptics.  I have none.  Us old folks are getting screwed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Direhard Fan said:

ENY has the same problem.  Albany area hasn't had FOX all season and nothing any one can do.  NFL is pure greed.  You can't get all the steaming services.  Can't record on most.  Need a smart TV.  WiFi.  Fiberoptics.  I have none.  Us old folks are getting screwed.

You know what? I have that stuff, and I STILL can’t see the Bills game Saturday unless I get ONE MORE thing in Peacock. They are just going too far with this. 

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I heard a news story the other day that next year (2024) streaming will actually surpass cable and satellite television. My how times have changed. 

3 hours ago, Direhard Fan said:

Cord cutters are ready to go back to the cable model with all these issues.  The splintering of all the different services to get specific content and their pricing has gotten pretty old.  Also the user experience is not very seamless switching in and out of all the apps on your smart TV to get to your content.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I posted this in the other thread.

Apollo group tv.  

need to jailbreak an Amazon fire stick but if I can do it, so can you.

It has quite literally everything on TV from every corner of the globe.  

Isn’t it also an illegal service?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Isn’t it also an illegal service?

“Apollo Group TV DOES NOT broadcast any TV channel from its servers, nor is in any way connected with the channel broadcasting. Apollo Group TV is not responsible for any copyright or issues of linked and embedded content on our site. If you have any legal issues contact the real owner of streaming media.”

Sounds legit!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I highly doubt it as the NFL+ Premium doesn’t cover TNF games. 

The replays will be on NFL+ after the game, as will a replay of the game on NFL Network at midnight Saturday.  

But the game is exclusively on Peacock and not on any of the other usual broadcast/streaming venues. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

“I hate paying for all the different ways I need to watch the NFL.”

“I’m not going to watch the games for free on ‘those’ sites; I don’t feel right not paying.”

Oy vey. 

You have a problem with "don't like to be gouged but not willing to steal"?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

You have a problem with "don't like to be gouged but not willing to steal"?

How is it gouging?  They put the product out at a specific price.  It’s at most $7 for a game. I would gladly pay that for every game if that’s all I had to pay.  

Gouging is making me pay for 100s of channels I don’t want just to get one channel I do want. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

DirecTV sent techs to only the top chain restaurants (national accounts) such as Buffalo Wild Wings and Hooters in TEGNA markets to install the antennas with standalone ATSC tuners to plug in to their matrix system, but the independent bars and smaller chains would have to pay for them.

7 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Will the game be on NFL+? Do we know?

6 hours ago, BBFL said:

I highly doubt it as the NFL+ Premium doesn’t cover TNF games. 

6 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

The replays will be on NFL+ after the game, as will a replay of the game on NFL Network at midnight Saturday.  

But the game is exclusively on Peacock and not on any of the other usual broadcast/streaming venues. 

The game is live on NFL+, confirmed on RedZone Sunday. Also:

IMG_1057.png?ex=6591f777&is=657f8277&hm=

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Cord cutters are ready to go back to the cable model with all these issues.  The splintering of all the different services to get specific content and their pricing has gotten pretty old.  Also the user experience is not very seamless switching in and out of all the apps on your smart TV to get to your content.

Exactly the way I predicted it would go when so many were screaming ‘eff Directv’ and their cable providers, certain they’d save big by cutting the cord. It’s the same folks running the show. They’ve been waiting for everyone to have smart TVs and app subscriptions so they can have you under their collective thumbs. They’ll offer sweet deals to get you on board, it wasn’t long before we found ourselves subscribing to multiple services that are gradually jacking up the monthly fees. How many of you have both Netflix and Amazon Prime? Remember when they were under $10/month?  
They’re nickel and diming us right back to where we were when we proudly ‘cut the cord’. 
I’ve stuck with Directv.after negotiating a super deal. We have Amazon and a few others, mostly educational, NFL+, and news apps that were a reasonable yearly fee. 
The pisser is that the Sunday ticket doesn’t cover the prime time games in which good teams are featured, and now those games are being diverted away from mainstream stations to apps like Peacock. The NFL creates a desirable product that allows them to generate beaucoup bucks.
At least we’re not in the dark ages of blackouts. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

FIOS already does splitting already.  They have tiers which they label by interest but then intentionally put things of same type in different tiers so if you want to see NFL Network and ESPN you need to pay for 2 tiers, etc.   In addition if something is in a tier you want to watch you need to pay $15 service change fee (what I paid last time) as well as the monthly cost and then another $15 to get rid of it despite there being no customer service - all done by computer. If the alternate was not so bad (Cox) I'd change.   

5 hours ago, chongli said:

DirecTV sent techs to only the top chain restaurants (national accounts) such as Buffalo Wild Wings and Hooters in TEGNA markets to install the antennas with standalone ATSC tuners to plug in to their matrix system, but the independent bars and smaller chains would have to pay for them.

The game is live on NFL+, confirmed on RedZone Sunday. Also:

IMG_1057.png?ex=6591f777&is=657f8277&hm=

Awesome, that’s great news! Surprised they did that as they don’t broadcast the Amazon exclusive TNF. 

Thanks for the heads up!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/19/2023 at 1:39 AM, Limeaid said:

These disputes are almost always done during NFL season with NFL fans weapons in this dispute. 

The carrier whether is FIOS, Comcast, Tenga or others never gives a refund despite them claiming NFL is large portion of cost.

I missed an entire season of Mets games one year when SNY and Spectrum had a dispute.

I ended up getting the MLB audio subscription and listened to all the games on WFAN. 

• Shocked 1

it's exclusive to peacock which is ridiculous but if anyone needs a link on GameDay,  msg me, I'll 100% have a link but can only watch on phone/laptop/tablet.. Not able to stream to tv unfortunately but it's free and better than nothing and great quality

Edited by JerseyBills

12 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

How is it gouging?  They put the product out at a specific price.  It’s at most $7 for a game. I would gladly pay that for every game if that’s all I had to pay.  

Gouging is making me pay for 100s of channels I don’t want just to get one channel I do want. 

Gouging is making you pay for a streaming service you don’t want just to watch 1 regular season game, when you are already paying for the ticket and prime. 

I guess if you don't understand why honest people are pissed that they have to subscribe to a third rate streaming service to watch this game, we don't have much left to discuss.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BBFL said:

Awesome, that’s great news! Surprised they did that as they don’t broadcast the Amazon exclusive TNF. 

Thanks for the heads up!

You should be able to watch TNF on your phone or tablet. That is how they are broadcasting the Bills game Saturday.

17 minutes ago, chongli said:

You should be able to watch TNF on your phone or tablet. That is how they are broadcasting the Bills game Saturday.

I can but my NFL+ Premium requires me link a Prime account for broadcast. I’ll probably VPN and find a free site for that Peacock exclusive. 

Thanks again 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Gouging is making you pay for a streaming service you don’t want just to watch 1 regular season game, when you are already paying for the ticket and prime. 

I guess if you don't understand why honest people are pissed that they have to subscribe to a third rate streaming service to watch this game, we don't have much left to discuss.

If you have a problem paying for something you are not entitled to, I guess you’ll always complain. 

• mrags changed the title to An issue with Directv for the Chargers game
1 hour ago, BBFL said:

I can but my NFL+ Premium requires me link a Prime account for broadcast. I’ll probably VPN and find a free site for that Peacock exclusive. 

Thanks again 

No problem. FWIW, you probably know this already, but you can also watch TNF free with Twitch on your phone or tablet, and then use a TV app to get it to your TV.

16 minutes ago, chongli said:

No problem. FWIW, you probably know this already, but you can also watch TNF free with Twitch on your phone or tablet, and then use a TV app to get it to your TV.

It’s Christmas time… everyone has to have Prime or you’re ordering Christmas present’s early. Next day delivery > gas station gifts 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, chongli said:

One more thing I forgot to mention: the Peacock game (and TNF games too) is on NFL+ on your phone.or tablet, but not TV. For your TV you need Prime. Maybe that is why they are asking for a Prime account. But NFL+ does advertise all your local and primetime games are watchable on mobile devices if you are a paid subscriber to NFL+. Otherwise you can watch NFL+ but you gave authenticate your cable provider or Prime.

https://id.nfl.com/subscriptions/select/nflplus

"NFL+

$6.99/month

TV, PC, PHONE, & TABLET

NFL Network

Live Game Audio

Live and On-Demand Offseason Content

And More!

PHONE & TABLET

Live Local and Primetime Games (including Playoff Games and Super Bowl LVII)"

https://www.nfl.com/plus/learn-more

"NFL+:

Watch Patriots vs. Broncos on December 24th at 8pm ET LIVE on NFL Network"

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.