Everyone take a minute and appreciate what we have in this team

PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Win the ***** Super Bowl and all the Allen hate will stop.

And I’ll shut up about mclap too.

we win one this year, he can stay here and get carried off the field in a pine board box for all I care.

i just want 1B4IDIE

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I agree with the sentiment.   I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, we have enough of those posters.  He's going to need at least one ring for a great legacy.  I now want it for Josh just as much as for the fans.  He's like none other.  He plays like he's immune to getting hurt,  he'll run through a wall for his team.  I worry we don't have the coaching to get that ring.  As beautiful as tonight was the Jets and Pats losses could make this game and run to the playoffs meaningless.  I hope not.

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Win the ***** Super Bowl and all the Allen hate will stop.

You couldn’t say Josh is on the same level as Pat without getting your head taken off on here. He has to be better than Pat. Were you the one that didn’t get a college scholarship to play QB? Why do our fans have such a chip on there shoulder with everybody who plays for us or leaves us.

• Eyeroll 1

I used to think the 2021 Bills was our best shot at a Super bowl.

I'm beginning to believe the 2023 Bills might be just as much, if not more-so of a better chance at the Super Bowl (also in part due to the current state of the AFC).

And the funny thing is, with all of that, it's no guarantee that we even make it into the playoffs.

Crazy.  

It is going to be way too much of a disappointment if we do not get in at this point.  I don't think I'll be able to handle the "what ifs".

Put it this way, we just outplayed 3 straight teams that will be in the playoffs already, and we are fighting to get in.

But yes, to your point OP, I do appreciate Allen.  And I remind myself of that frequently as a fan that was there for every game & every year of the 17-year drought.

• Agree 3

Josh is already better than Kelly and it's not even close anymore.

Bruce, OJ, and Allen are the three most physically gifted players in franchise history. Put them in any order you want but they are my top 3 now.

Thomas, Kelly, and Diggs are probably next three.

Reed, DeLamielleure, Gilchrist, and Shaw round out my top 10

Honorable mention to Jason Peters who will be first ballot HOF player 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Bruce, OJ, and Allen are the three most physically gifted players in franchise history. Put them in any order you want but they are my top 3 now.

If Josh isn’t where you put him on the list, it can only be because people value the the Super Bowls of the 90’s. That said, he just wins one and he probably jumps Bruce. Which is saying an awful lot. Bruce, unlike Kelly, Thurman, Andre was not just a great player. He was a physical specimen for his time and an all time great. Unequivocally top 3 in his position. No doubt, Josh has a chance to be at the top of Mount Rushmore. Hope we see him get one. 

I'm 100% certain the Bills can beat 30 NFL teams--- the only team that I'm not certain of is the 49ers, which happens to be Josh Allen's favorite team when growing up in Northern California.

There's simply no way Josh Allen loses to his boyhood team.

Go Bills.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

If Josh isn’t where you put him on the list, it can only be because people value the the Super Bowls of the 90’s. That said, he just wins one and he probably jumps Bruce. Which is saying an awful lot. Bruce, unlike Kelly, Thurman, Andre was not just a great player. He was a physical specimen for his time and an all time great. Unequivocally top 3 in his position. No doubt, Josh has a chance to be at the top of Mount Rushmore. Hope we see him get one. 

If Josh Allen delivers a Super Bowl victory (especially if in characteristically Josh Allen fashion) we'll erect our own Mount Rushmore along Abbott Road consisting of 4 Josh Allens. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I wouldn’t want any other Qb in the league and I said that from year one of Allen. 

I would probably take Mahomes and that's it over Allen. 

Allen is very special and the Bills thanks to Beane are very fortunate to have him. 

I just get irked that's it's year 6 under Allen and no rings to show for. That just doesn't sit well with this fan. I greatly blame coaching adding in bad luck with major injuries. 

This team is way too good to be struggling to make the playoffs. I blame coaching coaching and bad luck with injuries. 

But enough of that for now. There will be plenty of time to grieve our opinions. Let's enjoy what was a fantastic win tonight. 

Go Bills!

14 minutes ago, Punch said:

If Josh Allen delivers a Super Bowl victory (especially if in characteristically Josh Allen fashion) we'll erect our own Mount Rushmore along Abbott Road consisting of 4 Josh Allens. 

He will be a folk hero for years to come. He will have his own street named after him. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Punch said:

I'm 100% certain the Bills can beat 30 NFL teams--- the only team that I'm not certain of is the 49ers, which happens to be Josh Allen's favorite team when growing up in Northern California.

There's simply no way Josh Allen loses to his boyhood team.

Go Bills.

I think those McDermott disguised zones cause huge problems for teams that don’t see them too often which is why we frequently beat up on the NFC teams and struggle a little bit against the pats/jets and teams like the bengals who we see fairly often 

it’s one thing for the qb to watch our old games on film but an entirely different situation when they’re out there playing against it 

I think we’ve got a better shot than any other afc team of beating the niners 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I agree with the sentiment.   I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, we have enough of those posters.  He's going to need at least one ring for a great legacy.  I now want it for Josh just as much as for the fans.  He's like none other.  He plays like he's immune to getting hurt,  he'll run through a wall for his team.  I worry we don't have the coaching to get that ring.  As beautiful as tonight was the Jets and Pats losses could make this game and run to the playoffs meaningless.  I hope not.

Having enough Debbie Downers is like having enough cockroaches and rats.

Every team has bad games which they should have won.  Others are unwinnable IMO and Bills should have sat primary players in London due to quality of the field.  I posted this before the game - it was a no win scenario shamefully called a home game against a team who played there regularly.

Teams need to push back for they are the ones paying for injured reserve and replacement players. 

Bills could be fined for making NFL look bad but even maximum fine is less than what they pay players.

If NFL still complains tell them not to send them to field with such poor conditions.

They have moved games in past due weather making games unplayable.

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think those McDermott disguised zones cause huge problems for teams that don’t see them too often which is why we frequently beat up on the NFC teams and struggle a little bit against the pats/jets and teams like the bengals who we see fairly often 

it’s one thing for the qb to watch our old games on film but an entirely different situation when they’re out there playing against it 

I think we’ve got a better shot than any other afc team of beating the niners 

I like the cut of your jib, Generic_Bills_Fan. This makes a lot of sense and I sure as hell hope we find out (and the only way is at Allegient Stadium on February 11!).

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Terrell Owens for sure, but I get it. He only played 1 year. Still one of the most physically gifted WRs not named Randy Moss 

Future HOF at QB for real.

Let's also take a minute while we're here to respect Diggs and his legacy - he just went over 1k again tonight. That's seven seasons in a row. He's going to hit 10k total yards this year while just turning 30. Turning 30 was looked at as a negative in one of the recent threads, but in reality he's trending far ahead of many greats. 10k at 30 is remarkable, we're witnessing greatness there as well. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

I appreciate having a team that is in every game, every week. It is over 2 years since this team lost a regular season game by more than a score. That means as a fan you are watching your team at least have a chance late every week. Sure we have lost some gut wrenchers, but we are always a competitive football team. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I appreciate having a team that is in every game, every week. It is over 2 years since this team lost a regular season game by more than a score. That means as a fan you are watching your team at least have a chance late every week. Sure we have lost some gut wrenchers, but we are always a competitive football team. 

Agreed.  I remember getting blown out against the Colts in the regular season (similar game to yesterday except in reverse) and the Bengals in the post season as a very odd feeling that I was thankful I almost forgot what it felt like after the miserable drought.  Even though we either blow a team out or it comes down to the wire.  I prefer the former as we've experienced some painful losses.  More than nearly any other team since the 2019 Wild Card game.  It's a blessing and a curse I guess.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.