Everyone take a minute and appreciate what we have in this team

PromoTheRobot

21 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

I used to think the 2021 Bills was our best shot at a Super bowl.

I'm beginning to believe the 2023 Bills might be just as much, if not more-so of a better chance at the Super Bowl (also in part due to the current state of the AFC).

And the funny thing is, with all of that, it's no guarantee that we even make it into the playoffs.

Crazy.  

It is going to be way too much of a disappointment if we do not get in at this point.  I don't think I'll be able to handle the "what ifs".

Put it this way, we just outplayed 3 straight teams that will be in the playoffs already, and we are fighting to get in.

But yes, to your point OP, I do appreciate Allen.  And I remind myself of that frequently as a fan that was there for every game & every year of the 17-year drought.

I agree with you. Given the state of the AFC and this teams ability to physically match up with teams, and run the ball, I believe we have a run in us. I'm definitely getting 08 Giants, 21 Bucs vibes with this team. 

If we can only get in 🤞

21 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Win the ***** Super Bowl and all the Allen hate will stop.

"All the Allen hate"

Maybe I just don't watch enough TV,  but from what I hear Allen is regarded as one of the best QBs in the league.

Hot takes from nobody talking heads aren't going to be the narrative that lives on beyond his career.

22 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We are watching a future hall of fame QB in Josh Allen. That's our guy. Years from now you'll be telling people you watched a legend at work. Soak that in.

Or you could stop making assumptions about the distant future and how rewarding that time might be and ACTUALLY live in the moment.

If Josh Allen fails to live up to your presumptions(I will remind you that you once presumed CJ Spiller a future HOF'er 🤣)...........and if Allen's versions of the team never reach or win a Super Bowl...........the point should be that the journey is the reward.    

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

dog urinating GIF

And this was the real reason you started this thread..........to p!ss on what you loathe most..........fellow Bills fans. :lol:

Because you knew that some would still be critical of their underachieving season and the negativity around things like McDermott's stewardship and the handling of Von Miller situation etc..

Opportunity knocked. 

You disappear when the team is rolling for long stretches and only re-emerge when you see the opportunity to trash the fan base for having expectations.    Haven't been a lot of opportunities in the past few years so you have been focused on the chronically disgruntled(err, ungrateful) Sabres fans instead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As ridiculous as we are playing right now and with the exception of a garbage special teams unit it makes me sick to my stomach that we are absolutely on the outside looking in even with winning out. It’s just sickening that we dropped those garbage game’s earlier. I can’t stand that we may miss the playoffs because this team feels different and I truly feel in my heart that they can beat ANYONE!!

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Or you could stop making assumptions about the distant future and how rewarding that time might be and ACTUALLY live in the moment.

If Josh Allen fails to live up to your presumptions(I will remind you that you once presumed CJ Spiller a future HOF'er 🤣)...........and if Allen's versions of the team never reach or win a Super Bowl...........the point should be that the journey is the reward.    

I'm not real big on the journey being the reward tbh

Like if I turn around before I get to the bank I still need some cash

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah but maybe you saw a hot chick in short shorts on the way there and a fat guy on a tiny motorcycle on the way back.

You might still be broke but at least you're enjoying the ride.

6 hours ago, Augie said:

This is great for you to interject this into a thread about positivity. There are plenty of negative threads, but I don’t recall you there jumping in with the bright side on those.  😂 

I think we should chip in and get him this for Christmas.

image.thumb.png.9cb5f59ca816158175a9639c23db92de.png

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

And I'm not big on bad analogies like that.

Unless you are stealing money from said bank it's presumed that you put in the work to earn that money and deserve it.

That's not how sports fandom works.    Nothing is promised.   And you don't earn or create that result.

15 minutes ago, Simon said:

image.thumb.png.9cb5f59ca816158175a9639c23db92de.png

I prefer the classics

BUkAsLe.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And I'm not big on bad analogies like that.

Unless you are stealing money from said bank it's presumed that you put in the work to earn that money and deserve it.

That's not how sports fandom works.    Nothing is promised.   And you don't earn or create that result.

I prefer the classics

BUkAsLe.jpg

Eh there are a bunch that work like running a race, climbing a mountain etc

Folks enjoy it right now because we're winning more and that's very valid. There are more games to potentially win that would be even more enjoyable. 

The journey is just getting closer to the destination. The enjoyment or lack thereof is inversely proportional to the distance. That's very normal fan behavior

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Eh there are a bunch that work like running a race, climbing a mountain etc

Folks enjoy it right now because we're winning more and that's very valid. There are more games to potentially win that would be even more enjoyable. 

The journey is just getting closer to the destination. The enjoyment or lack thereof is inversely proportional to the distance. That's very normal fan behavior

Those also don't work because those are still personally earned results.

Winning titles for sports fans is bestowed luck.......nothing more, nothing less.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.