Don't look now...Von looked somewhat Von like...

Hebert19

I didn’t pay close enough attention but there was a play Von went so far into the backfield he lost gap integrity and it was his huge hole that Dak was able to run through to get an easy first down on 3rd down. It was about to happen again if not for Phillips with the big sack into Vons lap. 

not saying Von didn’t have a good game. I don’t really know but I remember those two plays. 

10 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Outside of that one near sack, he was invisible as usual. Just taking up a roster spot at this point.

WTF? What game you guys watching? Von was double teamed on 50% OF HIS RUSHES. That's a GOOD thing! He had 2 QB hits. He contains his side on every play. That's his job right now and he is doing it to perfection. His sacks will come as he get's stronger but for now, as McD said, Von is there to contavin and take double coverage away from the interior. Without Von Eddy ain't Eddy this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

If people are not noticing it it is because they are not watching the game or are just a hater. He put pressure on deal a  few times, dak escaped once. If you missed that you must have been in the bathroom. Another time he had so much pressure dak had to scramble and throw it away. Not to mention they have to pay extra attention to him with Frees up other guys. A team has 95 yards in the 4th quarter everyone is contributing! Other wise just exploit the weak link and get yards and points. Complaining about von or anyone after that game is not a good look for the people that are doing it. No one said he was back to all pro form. 

It has been funny to me anyway. Tre came back last year and didn’t get back to his old form till this year, no one said a word. Why people are all over Von is mind boggling!

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, SmokinES3 said:

He had one good rush last week, and maybe 1 this week. He can't bend anymore. Just watch him pre-injury and now. It's like he's carrying a 30 pound weight on his back...

I tend to agree with this. He simply does not have the bend. Without that he is easily moved up and around the QB. He has some power but still not enough for true bull rushes. Maybe we get into playoffs and he gets those one or two sacks to get us to the promised land. But it's likely just wishful thinking 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago,  SmokinES3 said: 

He had one good rush last week, and maybe 1 this week. He can't bend anymore. Just watch him pre-injury and now. It's like he's carrying a 30 pound weight on his back...

I tend to agree with this. He simply does not have the bend. Without that he is easily moved up and around the QB. He has some power but still not enough for true bull rushes. Maybe we get into playoffs and he gets those one or two sacks to get us to the promised land. But it's likely just wishful thinking 

I noticed him (because he is so bad - I cringe every time I see him on the field) several times where he could not set the edge, got pushed way up field, allowing Dak to run to his side. Also bull rush attempts that were stymied by the tackle. He is just not good enough yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.