Has anyone heard health updates?

Dan Darragh

7 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Kim Pegula?

John Murphy?

Earlier this year John Murphy did some book signings around Buffalo and Rochester.  He is in good health but apparently not able to return to the broadcast booth.  The stroke likely affects his speech which is why he is not back.  I think he was optimistic to return but given his age, I don’t see that happening. 

https://www.lockportjournal.com/news/bills-play-by-play-man-john-murphy-looks-back-in-lockport-with-his-new-book/article_e67aec94-6d51-11ee-be34-937db5c7dd4f.html

No one knows anything about Kim Pegula.  According to the players tribune article, my guess is that she’s still mostly non-verbal and struggling to get back to where she was before.  It’s an extremely sad story 

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

More concerned about Dalton Kincaid and Taron Johnson, TBH

Both are fine and will play Sunday

7 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

I was at the Jets game in the RED seats.   I saw John Murphy near the booth.   He didn't sound like his normal self but other than that he looked pretty good

Did you actually talk with him?

• Like (+1) 1

I met John Murphy at one of his book signings recently.  He was in good spirits but sadly did not look like anything close to returning.  The damage the stroke did really showed.  Didn't recognize him at first with all of the weight he lost and his speech is still very slow.  Best wishes go out to him and Kim Pegula as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.