Bills open Justin Shorter's Practice Window

BuffaloBillyG

10 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Send Harty packing. Waste of a roster spot 

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

It would send Sherfield way before Harty

Who does more on Special Teams tho? And can Shorter play ST?

Remember, with Taiwan Jones gone, we've shifted from carrying an extra "RB" special teamer to carrying an extra "WR" special teamer. So I'm not sure either of them lose their spot to Shorter.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Who does more on Special Teams tho? And can Shorter play ST?

Harty is averaging like 2 yards per punt return the past few games. I don't think we will miss much. He runs to the left then he runs the right then he gets tackled when he could have just run straight lol

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Harty is averaging like 2 yards per punt return. I don't think we will miss much. He runs to the left then he runs the right then he gets tackled when he could have just run straight lol

But he's fairly reliable back there versus what we've seen from others. (I think he had 1 muff that he got back?)

And Hyde can't do it anymore.

I honestly don’t care if it comes at the expense of Harty or Sherfield or Gabe’s snap counts. 

Sherfield has played 6 seasons including this one.

3 of them have been exactly what he’s done this year - nothing. 

Harty is playing 17% snap count right now. I advocated earlier in the year for him, but it’s obvious the rest of the coaches feel the same way about him pre and post Ken Dorsey, so try someone else. 

53 minutes ago, Rubes said:

So you’re looking for a good punt catcher?

If I have Josh Allen, all I care about is getting him the ball.  Give him the ball on the 50, on the Bills' 35, on the Bills' 5.  Doesn't matter where.  So, yes, give me a good punt catcher.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

This doesn't mean that they will activate him. He just gets to practice for three weeks and then they can either activate him or shut him down for the year.

Exactly....they could just be giving him three weeks of practice time with the team to give him a leg up for next years training camp. I’m sure the Bills envision a ST ace/ WR4 role for Shorter next season.

24 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

If I have Josh Allen, all I care about is getting him the ball.  Give him the ball on the 50, on the Bills' 35, on the Bills' 5.  Doesn't matter where.  So, yes, give me a good punt catcher.

If that’s the case and the argument then why bother. Put Reid Ferguson back there for all I care. Wave your arms like it’s a fair catch and get out of the way. Who cares? 

46 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Harty is averaging like 2 yards per punt return the past few games. I don't think we will miss much. He runs to the left then he runs the right then he gets tackled when he could have just run straight lol

He wouldn’t be missed at all. Most useless FA in McBeans tenure. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.