Can Buffalo catch the Dolphins?

ChronicAndKnuckles

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I disagree. I think Miami will absolutely split one between the Ravens and Cowboys. 

Anything is possible but I give it a 10% chance.  They haven't beaten a good team all year and are the most injured they've been.

Just in case here are the tiebreaker rules for two teams in the same division:

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Strength of victory in all games.

Strength of schedule in all games

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

Best net points in common games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Coin toss

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ray Stonada said:

Just in case here are the tiebreaker rules for two teams in the same division:

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Strength of victory in all games.

Strength of schedule in all games

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

Best net points in common games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Coin toss

Anyone know the furthest down the list this has ever gotten?

21 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Nope. If the Fins go 2-2, they end at 11-6.  If the Bills go 3-1, they end at 10-7.  There is no tiebreaker. 

Correct,  my apologies. What I was really focused on was the next three games. As you mentioned, was we can only drop this Cowboys game and still win the division if Dolphins lose 2 of the next 3.  Which is possible with them playing Dallas and Baltimore, but not a sure thing at all. We likely will need to win out to win the division (or at least have Miami lose to the Jets if we lose to Dallas)

19 hours ago, Just Jack said:

No, because your body is always making more.  It was a few months for me before I got the all clear results. 

Lol it was a 'JO'ing when I'm supposedddddd to be working' joke 😃 

Interesting though. How long after procedure till they're gone? I'm sure you can help flush em out, but wonder what they'd do if someone just refused to evict them lol do they just hang out grow beards, and develop general anxiety syndromes lol

14 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

The Miami loss opens the door.  They also lost their center and appear not to be able to protect their QB with the backup.  The Dallas game is critical.  Winning out is the only way for Buffalo to win the division, and Dallas is the biggest hurdle.

The Bills don't have to win out to win the division.  They just need to finish with the same record as Miami and beat them in the season finale or win at least 1 more game than them.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cue the Dolphins December swoon for the umpteenth time in the last few decades.  The question shouldn't be "Can the Bills catch the Dolphins?",  the question really should be "What makes you think they won't after what you have see over the past 20 years from the Dolphins in December?"

The weather in Miami is supposed to be terrible on Sunday. Pouring rain and 30MPH winds by kickoff time. Maybe the wet field will slow the Dolphins down. I would have to think a muck it up type of game favors the Jets with that defense. Also, Tua doesn't exactly have the strongest arm so those winds could also play a factor.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.