Araiza, accuser agree to dismiss civil lawsuits against each other

Draconator

32 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Considering how bad Martin has been, can the Bills sign him back now?

Sure. I am sure they can find a spot for him on Practice Squad which will help his money situation and he can work on getting back to game shape.

I do hate it ended for him since we will always have those who will say "he is guilty despite charges dropped and lawsuit dismissed",

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Sure. I am sure they can find a spot for him on Practice Squad which will help his money situation and he can work on getting back to game shape.

I do hate it ended for him since we will always have those who will say "he is guilty despite charges dropped and lawsuit dismissed",

I highly doubt this organization brings him back. They said if he cleared his name they would consider, but I doubt it. Hopefully they prove me wrong. They preach family and cut him loose without his day in court. That’s pretty low. 

Edited by Araiza Curse
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I highly doubt this organization brings him back. They said if he cleared his name they would consider, but I doubt it. Hopefully they prove me wrong. They preach family and cut him loose without his day in court. That’s pretty low. 

Not pretty low. It’s a business. The only person that deserves criticism is the accuser and the people that handled the case. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Legally, that's not quite what this means.   It's more like a "mutually assured destruction" tactic in civil suits where defending the defamation countersuit can drain the finances of the accuser who filed a civil suit because lawyers defending you demand payment up front (there's no chance they'll get paid by a settlement if they win, after all).  So the accuser is maneuvered into a financial position to agree to drop the case. 

Florio had commentary about this legal strategy back when the accusations against DeShaun Watson first came out.

Surprised it took this long once the defamation countersuit was filed.

It's the same guy representing her from the beginning and he's likely been working on contingency, while the civil trial is rapidly approaching, so it's not a money issue.  And if she thinks she has a good case, she'd see it through.  No they realize they will lose both civil suits and weren't able to scare him into a settlement.  And she likely has little money for him to recover anyway.

47 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

No curse for the media? They sabotage the business and hound and hound and hound and hound and hound and hound because it generates a new story. Not only is it "Matt Araiza is in trouble" but then they get to report on the "inaction of buffalo bills management who won't make a snap decision on ruining this kids life" and then pose ridiculous questions like "are the bills putting football over the human rights of an individual"

But yeah....alllll of that is just unavoidable "news" coverage. These reporters don't have any skin in the game, no money to be made to spin controversy, not. at. all. Just reporting the facts, those guys are 1st amendment American heroes. The Fourth Estate!

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, gjv said:

Matt went home and cleared his name. Exactly what the Bills asked him to do. Now it’s time for the team to do the right thing and give Matt a chance to make the team.

100 percent agree. He was proven innocent, not just aquited. Can't think of an athlete more deserving of a second chance ever.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

No curse for the media? They sabotage the business and hound and hound and hound and hound and hound and hound because it generates a new story. Not only is it "Matt Araiza is in trouble" but then they get to report on the "inaction of buffalo bills management who won't make a snap decision on ruining this kids life" and then pose ridiculous questions like "are the bills putting football over the human rights of an individual"

But yeah....alllll of that is just unavoidable "news" coverage. These reporters don't have any skin in the game, no money to be made to spin controversy, not. at. all. Just reporting the facts, those guys are 1st amendment American heroes. The Fourth Estate!

Just ask Tyler Dunne

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.