Patty is not happy... Boo Hoo!

Huh? What?

I don’t know how many of you are into baseball but there’s a great video from about 20 years ago of an infield fly play involving the Expos on defense.  There’s a popup in the infield with bases loaded and one out.  Ump correctly calls infield fly, which means the batter is out and runners can advance at their own risk (no force play).  The Expo fielders collide and the ball drops to the turf.  Runner on third takes off for home as the ball skitters away.  Pitcher picks up the ball and steps on home plate before the runner gets there.  Because there’s no force, he had to tag him and didn’t.  Ump correctly calls him safe.  Expos lose their mind and start screaming at the ump.  Frank Robinson comes out of the Expo dugout, but not to continue the argument.  Instead he screams at his players to shut up and get the ***** back to their positions.  He knew the rule.  I get backing up your players, but when they do something monumentally stupid, you need to teach them how to take the L instead of doubling down and whining like Andy Reid did last night. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BRH said:

I don’t know how many of you are into baseball but there’s a great video from about 20 years ago of an infield fly play involving the Expos on defense.  There’s a popup in the infield with bases loaded and one out.  Ump correctly calls infield fly, which means the batter is out and runners can advance at their own risk (no force play).  The Expo fielders collide and the ball drops to the turf.  Runner on third takes off for home as the ball skitters away.  Pitcher picks up the ball and steps on home plate before the runner gets there.  Because there’s no force, he had to tag him and didn’t.  Ump correctly calls him safe.  Expos lose their mind and start screaming at the ump.  Frank Robinson comes out of the Expo dugout, but not to continue the argument.  Instead he screams at his players to shut up and get the ***** back to their positions.  He knew the rule.  I get backing up your players, but when they do something monumentally stupid, you need to teach them how to take the L instead of doubling down and whining like Andy Reid did last night. 

Frank Robinson, the infield fly and the search for meaning

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

i didn't even fill out an application.  i just sent them a bunch of nudes that was supposed to go to some broad in boston, and they sent me an acceptance letter.  good 4 years.

Since I am interested in going back to school, let me send you my nudes and let me know if these are good enough for the Admissions Department.

Should I give you playful or serious?

54 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

not that it changes the fact that he had a hissy fit and acted like a total fool after the game. but,

Mahomes said:

“Obviously, you don’t want to react that way. I care, man. I love this game. I love my teammates. I want to go out there and put everything on the line to win. Obviously, can’t do that. Can’t be that way towards the officials or really anybody in life. I probably regret acting like that. More than anything, I regretted the way I acted towards Josh after the game because he had nothing to do with it. I was still hot and emotional, but you can’t do that, man. That’s not a great example for kids watching the game. So, I was more upset about that than I was about me on the sideline.”

Patrick Mahomes revealed the biggest regret from his postgame tantrum over the crucial Offside call

I just wish it was two pages so we could hear him flipping the pages.

• Haha (+1) 5

31 minutes ago, BRH said:

Reid is the ultimate players coach.

6 minutes ago, BRH said:

He “probably” regrets acting like that.  🙄

His problem, he thought he'd get backing from most parties on this (aka Pied Piper). He was woefully wrong and cannot undo this. This wasn't just a moment. He showered and had plenty of time to gather himself but didn't. 

He looked like a wild animal out there. Not good for the brand, Patrick. 

His diatribe about Kelce was equally sickening. 

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I don't want to waste time listening, did he changed his feelings if the penalty should have been called?

It's 39 seconds

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I just wish it was two pages so we could hear him flipping the pages.

I'm not sure you get that sound from index cards.

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but there was a ridiculous panel on NFL Live talking about the play and the one guy showed multiple plays where Toney was also lined up offside yesterday as justification for why the penalty should NOT have been called. I mean, really? What color is the sky in these people’s world? Geeez! 

57 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Here's the play I was referring to.

McLaurin's been one of my favorites since he entered the league. I'm always wishing he somehow lands on the Bills.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but there was a ridiculous panel on NFL Live talking about the play and the one guy showed multiple plays where Toney was also lined up offside yesterday as justification for why the penalty should NOT have been called. I mean, really? What color is the sky in these people’s world? Geeez! 

This is how the NFL gets away with such crap officiating. Stupid people actually support it.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Dan Orlovsky. Basically saying if they allowed it all game, why suddenly throw the flag there at the end. 

Maybe they just got sick of his bullcrap?

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

There was also at least one play where Kelce is in motion and instead of staying flat he rounds it and gets a CFL head start at the snap. They get away with a lot. 

I had completely forgot about that!  When it happened it took my brain a second to adjust - like was it some kind of matrix time shift, did Mike McDaniels somehow get the rules for motion changed for the NFL, was I watching the CFL - it was so blatant

Edited by stevewin

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.