Zach Wilson to start vs Texans

Gregg

43 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

I may be the only one but feel if he had been playing they would have won a game Boyle started 

They might have won both. Against Miami, It’s was 10-6 just before the half. Boyle lobbed a pick 6 Hail Mary and the route was on. They didn’t cross midfield as an offense until the 4th quarter. Tua had 3 turnovers. With a decent offense, they could have won that

Atlanta scored 13 points. The jets didn’t score a TD. Wilson sucks, but he is wayyyy more talented than Boyle or Simien 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Good, gives them at least a low level NFL quality backup, maybe they can pull off a W in one of their next few games. The other guys they have are XFL level quality QB’s. Tim Boyle has never had success at any league. 

The best thing that could have happened to the Bills was Rodgers going to the Jets. He demands so much control and is such a crappy leader. He is destroying that team. We really dodged a bullet because with anybody even a little less self serving (and healthy), they could have been dangerous. 

Just take a look at everybody he brought with him, he backed Wilson/Saleh, grabbed his WRs, OC, and QB3, and it has destroyed them. 

WR Allen Lazard

WR Randall Cobb

S Adrian Amos

OT Billy Turner

QB Tim Boyle

WR Malik Taylor

OT Adam Pankey

OC Nathaniel Hackett

Rooting for Jordan Love in GB!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

They might have won both. Against Miami, It’s was 10-6 just before the half. Boyle lobbed a pick 6 Hail Mary and the route was on. They didn’t cross midfield as an offense until the 4th quarter. Tua had 3 turnovers. With a decent offense, they could have won that

Atlanta scored 13 points. The jets didn’t score a TD. Wilson sucks, but he is wayyyy more talented than Boyle or Simien 

I think they could beat Miami with even a heart beat on offense 

10 minutes ago, Mango said:

The best thing that could have happened to the Bills was Rodgers going to the Jets. He demands so much control and is such a crappy leader. He is destroying that team. We really dodged a bullet because with anybody even a little less self serving (and healthy), they could have been dangerous. 

Just take a look at everybody he brought with him, he backed Wilson/Saleh, grabbed his WRs, OC, and QB3, and it has destroyed them. 

WR Allen Lazard

WR Randall Cobb

S Adrian Amos

OT Billy Turner

QB Tim Boyle

WR Malik Taylor

OT Adam Pankey

OC Nathaniel Hackett

Aside from the National media who didn’t see this coming ?

I was so happy he went there 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, zow2 said:

As much as I like the Houston story, and CJ Stroud...they still don't scare anybody, at least not in my opinion.  I don't think any teams fear playing the Texans even though they are ahead of schedule. 

I’m not into fear mongering but they do have 1 more win than buffalo and a softer schedule and this firmly in contention for one of the wild card spots. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

WR Allen Lazard

WR Randall Cobb

S Adrian Amos

OT Billy Turner

QB Tim Boyle

WR Malik Taylor

OT Adam Pankey

OC Nathaniel Hackett

Only missing Jake Kumarow

Trading for a 39 year QB who said he didn’t have any help in GB, then signing all said guys who didn’t help him was hilarious. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Jets should just cut him already. I believe they could absorb the cap hit right now, escalate the dead money hit to this year, and move on.

He isnt the future. He isnt even the right now. Just causing more issues than solving.

The problem is that even with his shortcomings, Wilson is a better QB than anyone active on the Jets roster.  

If anything they should just run a Tebow-like offense that takes advantage of his legs.  Let Zach run the ball 10+ times.  

But yeah, I agree.  He’s done in NY.  They should move on this offseason ASAP

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You cut him now, and then there's a whole bunch of husbands in the 35-55 age demographic wondering what's going on at their homes.  Have you no decency?! 🤨

Another example of Zach's abilities being underestimated by a doubting public - I say Zach can pull the 55-65 demo as well

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is actually good news in terms of getting help and possibly beating the Texans.

If the Jets beat the Texans, it will be because of their defense. I don't see Zach giving their offense a spark at this point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.