Zach Wilson to start vs Texans

Gregg

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

The Jets should just cut him already. I believe they could absorb the cap hit right now, escalate the dead money hit to this year, and move on.

He isnt the future. He isnt even the right now. Just causing more issues than solving.

Why not use him and then cut him after the season? There is nobody else there who is the future either.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Jets should just cut him already. I believe they could absorb the cap hit right now, escalate the dead money hit to this year, and move on.

He isnt the future. He isnt even the right now. Just causing more issues than solving.

I think they cut him at year's end. They will try to find someone willing to give them a bag of peanuts first, but he's gone. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You cut him now, and then there's a whole bunch of husbands in the 35-55 age demographic wondering what's going on at their homes.  Have you no decency?! 🤨

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Zach just needs to hand off, scramble when there's an opening and if throwing...must take a quick dropback and throw the ball in 2-3 seconds to his first read even if it's 2 yards in front of him.

Jets defense ‘could’ give CJS problems… but he has been incredible… I’m not even sure who #2 is in the RoY conversation. 

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why not use him and then cut him after the season? There is nobody else there who is the future either.

I get the utility of him. I just meant it more as way to avoid all these embarrassing moments with a coaching staff who doesnt believe in him but cant say it, but then someone leaks it anyways, and then the HC has to back track. Cut him and remove all doubt and wonder. Plow ahead with whatever backup loser they have in waiting. Gonna be the same result anyways.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Jets defense ‘could’ give CJS problems… but he has been incredible… I’m not even sure who #2 is in the RoY conversation. 

As much as I like the Houston story, and CJ Stroud...they still don't scare anybody, at least not in my opinion.  I don't think any teams fear playing the Texans even though they are ahead of schedule. 

Just now, Strethor said:

Zach Wilson redemption game incoming?

😃

150 yards, 0 td, 1 int!!!!

Just now, zow2 said:

As much as I like the Houston story, and CJ Stroud...they still don't scare anybody, at least not in my opinion.  I don't think any teams fear playing the Texans even though they are ahead of schedule. 

Maybe they should. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.