Calling it now: Bills are going to at least reach the AFCCG

Alphadawg7

I mentioned this in the can the Bills go 5-0 thread. The next 2 weeks will tell the story. I do think the Bills will beat the Chargers, Pats, and Dolphins. It's these next 2 weeks where I see a potential loss. Win these next 2 and you might be right. At the very least I think they make the playoffs if they beat the Chiefs and Cowboys. I don't know about a playoff run as the Bills are winless on the road in the playoffs with McDermott. 

• Agree 1

I really hope you are proven right. It would be amazing for the Bills to shut up everyone (including me) who wrote them off. I struggle to see it because to me the hole is just too deep. It's a real shame Dorsey didn't get canned earlier because we would have been so much better against the likes of Denver and NE. If we needed 3 out of 5 I'd like our chances but since there's virtually no room for error I just can't see this team being perfect down the stretch.

Although the idea of Miami dropping 2 and then playing us in the final game with the division up for grabs, only for us to beat them and steal it does fill me with joy. I'd love that to happen

• Like (+1) 3

Unfortunately I don't see it.  Wish I did, and I would love to be wrong, but it is just not setting up well.  I think we are far to inconsistent to expect to run the table especially considering the quality of opponents we have remaining.

It's just so damn sad considering that the AFC seems up for grabs and we are in this position.  Come next year I'm sure KC will be retooled at WR and Burrow, Rodgers, Watson, etc. will be back...  Sucks.  All because we lost to Zach Wilson and Mac Jones.

• Agree 5

10 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I really hope you are proven right. It would be amazing for the Bills to shut up everyone (including me) who wrote them off. I struggle to see it because to me the hole is just too deep. It's a real shame Dorsey didn't get canned earlier because we would have been so much better against the likes of Denver and NE. If we needed 3 out of 5 I'd like our chances but since there's virtually no room for error I just can't see this team being perfect down the stretch.

Although the idea of Miami dropping 2 and then playing us in the final game with the division up for grabs, only for us to beat them and steal it does fill me with joy. I'd love that to happen

Yeah, the Dorsey not getting canned sooner really put the Bills into a hole where there is very little room for error.  Funny, the best thing to happen to this team was the 12 personnel on the field blunder that cost us the Denver game.  Had that not happened and we win on a missed FG by Denver, I am not convinced we still fire Dorsey the next day and had they not, there is probably no chance this team would have still made the playoffs had Dorsey finished the season here.  

And I could be wrong about Brady and this offense continuing to roll, but I have watched as much as I can on the differences and to me this is no fluke, this feels like the offense really is in a better position to most often play closer to its best.  Under Dorsey, unless things just went totally perfect, the offense just wasn't capable of consistency.  Since Brady, this offense looks like it has that fight it used to have, where it can make a mistake but come back punching and atone for it.  Under Dorsey, every mistake felt like something difficult for the offense to over come or bounce back from.  

Personally I think its VERY unlikely we have a shot to win our division.  I don't see Miami losing 2 of their next 4. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Is this a gut feeling or do you have info why they will suddenly start playing well? 

They played well the last 2 weeks.  Make a field goal, catch a catchable ball, run the right route, get a call or two and we easily beat Philly.  Do you have any info as to why they will suddenly stop playing well this week?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Is this a gut feeling or do you have info why they will suddenly start playing well? 

Haha...both I guess.  Right now reminds me a LOT of the TB loss in 2021.  While we lost the game, the adjustments we made at halftime, many of which were things we had been screaming for most the season like give Devin more carries, felt like a light bulb moment for this team and offense.  The adjustments they made impacted the rest of the season and we went on a major run rest of year and tore up the playoffs until the 13 second fiasco.  

This moment right now feels a lot like that moment after TB, where the offense has its mojo now and is in position to carry this team and carry the defense if need be when it struggles.  All season the defense despite its injuries and issues had done enough for us to win most games had the offense not been a shell of its potential.  

With this offense having its mojo and swagger back, it can help make up for any deficiencies the defense still has as long as it isn't a 2 game mirage.  And after watching a lot of content on Brady and Dorsey offenses, this doesn't appear to me to be a mirage for the offense.  I may be wrong on that, but I really think this offense will average over 30 for the rest of the season under Brady (currently avg 33 under Brady).  

• Disagree 1

Oh yeah! 

We're about to absolutely ragdoll the Chiefs. Like 49ers/Eagles style. "Game of the week!" becomes a curb stomping for the home team. 

After Sunday Chiefs will have lost 4 of their last 6. The questions will be what's wrong with them.

Meanwhile, we'll be 1 game behind KC (not that that matters much but it's worth noting) and red hot going into the stretch run.

There is no chance in the world that we are losing to KC this weekend. This team is an angry buzz saw. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This year, not saying it out of blind homerism, but I really do think this team is about to finish the season strong and likely win out and make the playoffs because I am fully convinced that this offense under Brady is not just a 2 game 

Oh your whole post is the definition of homerism. I’m surprised you had a little restraint to stop short of the superbowl. But I’d imagine if they beat KC this weekend you’d be all in proclaiming they’d win the superbowl, but not homerism. Just your feelings. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

If they beat the chiefs and cowboys they are going to the Superbowl. IMO. 

I agree, I actually think it is going to be a Niners vs Bills Super Bowl, although I hate that matchup for us if that happens.  I am not sure anyone is beating the Niners this year personally barring injuries.  

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Collapsing is not playing well. We lost. Your definition of playing well is not good enough and not up to NFL standard. This isn’t pop Warner where you get a participation trophy. Lol

Taking a super bowl favorite into OT is not playing up to the NFL standard?   How can you take a super bowl favorite to OT despite making critical execution errors which would have won the game without playing...well??   Why don't you think about that for a minute.  Take time off for headaches. 

Nice uphill both ways, drank from the hose bull#### though. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So your saying MIA will still win the division. In 2021 we benefited from NE flopping and going 1-3 down the stretch to give us the division.

That means the Bills are passing some combo of CLE, PIT, CIN, HOU, JAC, IND, DEN? Well in 2021, CLE finished 1-3, BAL finished 0-6, Indy went 0-2, and LAC went 1-3. We just need that to happen again I guess. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.