Game thread: MNF Cincinnati at Jacksonville

chongli

Just now, Einstein said:

I’ve said for a long time that unless you’re playing a great offense, kickoff in OT.

You can force a FG attempt (or better yet, a punt) and win with a FG.

The chances that a team scores a TD on any given drive is low. 

If Cinci nails the FG it will be quite a trend this season.  Losers of the coin toss win in OT.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's better than the Bengals winning.

In theory the Beathard Jags could go 1-4 which would allow the Bills to pass them at 10-7. Bengals would still have to go 4-1 to pass us if they win tonight.

I think Bengals winning gives us 2 viable paths of teams to pass. But Jags winning probably puts them out of reach.

1 minute ago, Process said:

Well the jags aren't beating Cleveland next week now. This is a bit of a disaster.

We may need to start rooting for a jags collapse to end the season. Crazy. Going into this game them making the playoffs was not even a question.

Bottom line really, the Bills need to go on a 5 game heater.  There’s no wiggle room.

• Agree 1

A Bengals win here would really suck. They play the Colts next week and could have used a win from them next week to knock the Colts off. But now we I'm not sure what we need. The Bengals have the head to head so they just linger there longer with a win tonight and win next week

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I honestly have no idea what to root for. 

Bengals have a tough schedule and if they keep winning are beating other teams ahead of us and then they have KC and MIN as non-teams we’re concerned with at the moment. 

If Lawrence is done … the Jags could legitimately fall apart. 

It will drive a person mad hoping to get help in these situations. I worry about the Bills taking care of Their business. first and foremost. But of course I want any advantage too. But firsst things first or all else is moot

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

If Cinci nails the FG it will be quite a trend this season.  Losers of the coin toss win in OT.

Its because they keep accepting the ball!

Ive been banging this drum for so long. The only advantage of receiving the ball in OT is if you can score a TD on that drive. But scoring a TD on any given drive is a low %.

There is a much greater chance that you force a field goal or a punt. When 2 out of 3 potentials leads to you getting the ball back with a chance to win, you take that.

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

Again, draft WRs and RBs. Get a QB in the 7th or as an UDFA. QBs are PGs now. DON’T PAY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure the 49ers model can work, just also have two elite WRs, an elite TE, an elite RB, an elite OL with the best LT in football, and the best play caller in football.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.