Week 13 Rooting Interests

transplantbillsfan

I'm rooting for the Refs. Do some "complimentary officiating". It's a great chance for them not only to build their culture, but their sub-culture. It's all about execution. Putting the refs in the right place to be successful. 

As far as the teams, I just hope everyone has fun. Makes some new friends. Hopefully the orange slices are cut extra wide and the crusts are cut off the PB&Js. 

• Haha (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Best outcome includes losses by Colts, Steelers, Browns and Dolphins.  Would take some upsets for all four to happen, but keeping fingers crossed at least two or three hit.

Add Broncos to that list too.  Although Houston losing would also be helpful, but I figure Houston is more likely to get in anyway, and we lost to Denver straight up.  We need Houston to beat the Browns and Colts later on as well

• Like (+1) 2

Looking at remaining games, I think Steelers and Texans/Broncos (winner this weekend) are near locks.  

I'll be rooting for Texans and for them to close the season strong...this would help potentially eliminate Denver, Colts, and the big one...Browns.

To me Cleveland at 7-4 is ripe to fall apart down the stretch/we need that to happen.  Can't see Steelers with their weak schedule and strong coaching/defense.  Browns with a rookie backup has ability to be upset:

Need Cle to get 4 losses - starting this weekend with Rams.  Then Jags, get them on a 3 game losing streak.  They finish with Bears, Texans, Jets, and Bengals. Bears are playing better, Texans (mentioned above it helps if they knock off other teams), and Bengals (could they help us sneak in again)?

This assumes we finish 10-7 and would have to have other AFC teams with 9 wins.

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Man, I took the playoffs for granted. This would be the easy road to a SB if we could make it in. Can’t believe we are back to the Jauron days of being in the hunt with Josh Allen and these players. 

What I think is the most frustrating are the teams in front of us. The Steelers, Browns, Texans, Broncos and Colts being the teams in front of us is sickening

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Add Broncos to that list too.  Although Houston losing would also be helpful, but I figure Houston is more likely to get in anyway, and we lost to Denver straight up.  We need Houston to beat the Browns and Colts later on as well

Every time I do the simulator it’s the broncos that knock us off

• Shocked 1

22 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Man, I took the playoffs for granted. This would be the easy road to a SB if we could make it in. Can’t believe we are back to the Jauron days of being in the hunt with Josh Allen and these players. 

This feels different than the 2021 team that was 7-6 and "in the hunt" after the Bucs loss?

After pissing away losses to NYJ, NE, DEN and Philly, the Bills need to win out. Lose to KC and realistically the playoffs are over barring a small miracle. For whatever reason, this team has struggled to have an identity of who they are. That is 100% a failure on McDermott not understanding the strengths of his team.  At this point, I’d estimate 60% of the fanbase no longer support him. A coach with his experience should not be making the same mistakes over and over. Worse yet, he continues to stumble against some of the worst teams in the league.

KC has to be looking at the AFC playoff contenders and know a victory would all but knock out their biggest threat. I’m sure they will bring their A game. 

Knowing the talent and potential this team has, this will go down as one of the biggest disappointing seasons in a very long time. 

2024 will be a make or break year for McDermott! His seat will be officially hot and rightfully so. 

I don’t know who to root for, but i look forward to checking back on this thread Sunday night.

The first post i see will probably say something like… every team we wanted to lose today (Sunday), were winners.

Thats just how this year has gone. I’m not expecting any help…. but it sure would be nice if the Commanders decided to ball out.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.