Orlovsky: Buffalo never once forced Hurts to make the harder throw

SydneyBillsFan

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re comparing the SB to a regular season game??? How does that even make sense? A game where Hurts had almost 400 yards and 4 tds??? Because of a fumble? That’s literally an insane comparison. 

how many SBs win if Kelly (an awful postseason qb) had close to that game that Hurts had, despite that fumble?

No more insane then those throwing shade at Allen over this past weeks game against the Eagles.

The FACT is that Hurts had a very bad fumble that contributed more to the Eagles losing the SB then Allen's INT did to the Bills losing on Sunday.  And yes, Hurts was magnificent for most of that SB game just like Allen was yesterday.  The problem as I see it are the double standards here in which Hurts is being given a pass when Allen is not.  Now I believe both QB's should get the pass because in these games their one big mistake was overshadowed by spectacular play.  But to deny the double standard is either insane or rooted in something deeply troubling IMO.

On 11/28/2023 at 8:19 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm not going run Hurts down too much because I think he is a very smart, well prepared QB even if he lacks great arm talent.........but it would be interesting to find out what he'd look like if AJ Brown or DeVonta Smith went down for about 8 weeks or so.   As you and I know,  the quality of that second option is hugely important.

I can't even imagine how great Josh would be with Davonta Smith as his #2.  

• Agree 1

On 11/28/2023 at 12:05 AM, Johnnieo64 said:

Totally agree. He is spot on. And by the way. What the hell is Marcus spears saying about Josh?😡 Did he not watch the game? Idiot. Orlovsky had just said how great Josh played, which he did. And then Spears goes off on Josh. WTF??? And did you catch Orlovskys look while spears was talking. Like Really!!!! That’s why I do not watch ESPN anymore except for SVP.

Johnnie, agreed on all points, and I only add, Matchup is a solid show breakdown concepts and matchups.  It’s not the hot take crap that is disgusting on ESPN and others.

18 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

No more insane then those throwing shade at Allen over this past weeks game against the Eagles.

The FACT is that Hurts had a very bad fumble that contributed more to the Eagles losing the SB then Allen's INT did to the Bills losing on Sunday.  And yes, Hurts was magnificent for most of that SB game just like Allen was yesterday.  The problem as I see it are the double standards here in which Hurts is being given a pass when Allen is not.  Now I believe both QB's should get the pass because in these games their one big mistake was overshadowed by spectacular play.  But to deny the double standard is either insane or rooted in something deeply troubling IMO.

The double-standard is directly generated by the result of the game.  The Eagles won and the Bills lost.  So regardless of their performances, the "blame" goes to Allen and the "credit" to Hurts.  If that FG was no-good, or if by some act of God the Bills defense made a big stop at the end, the media would be praising Josh's heroic performance and flaming the Eagles over how their slow starts in first half over the last few weeks of the season finally cost them a game.

My problem with critiquing these head-to-head QB match-ups is these guys are never on the field at the same time.  It's not like two NBA power forwards going one-on-one down low for 48 minutes or a tennis match that goes the distance between two great players.  Its Allen vs. the Eagles defense and Hurts vs. the Bills defense and on Sunday the Bills defense didn't get it done when it mattered most, twice.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/28/2023 at 3:40 PM, BillsFan130 said:

He passive aggressively throws his players and coaches under the bus all the time .

He never says “it’s my fault “.

listen to a Dan Campbell post game press after a loss compared to MCD. 

MCD never takes any ownership and that is a sign of a terrible leader 

McDummy holds everyone around him accountable, EXCEPT HIMSELF. It’s uncanny, really, how McWimpy just continually throws everyone under the bus. He’s a quintessential narcissist.

We will never win a Super Bowl with this bumbling, halfwitted, weaselly head coach. He’s gone after this year.

I can’t wait until he’s gone.

• Agree 2

On 11/28/2023 at 12:01 AM, BobbyC81 said:

Ugh, the defense is giving up less than 20 pts per game, including last night’s game, ranked 6th in the league.  Yardage wise they’re 10th.  In what’s now a passing league, they’re 7th in the NFL, giving up just over 200 yards passing/game.

Empty calories that’s what I like to call it. These high rankings never seem to help us when we play a high octane offense especially in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, WinterSoldier17 said:

McDummy holds everyone around him accountable, EXCEPT HIMSELF. It’s uncanny, really, how McWimpy just continually throws everyone under the bus. He’s a quintessential narcissist.

We will never win a Super Bowl with this bumbling, halfwitted, weaselly head coach. He’s gone after this year.

I can’t wait until he’s gone.

Neither can I, but rather win the SB this year with him.  Talk about a conundrum.

Edited by Billsfan1972

On 11/28/2023 at 8:19 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah the similarities are notable.   Putting big time play making talent around quarterbacks with the traits to throw the deep ball and run for yardage works.    Athletically,  Hurts is a load to bring down but he is less dynamic 2015 Tyrod........who had a higher yards per attempt(8 to 7.5) AND yards per rush(5.5 to 3.6) than Hurts has this season.

I'm not going run Hurts down too much because I think he is a very smart, well prepared QB even if he lacks great arm talent.........but it would be interesting to find out what he'd look like if AJ Brown or DeVonta Smith went down for about 8 weeks or so.   As you and I know,  the quality of that second option is hugely important.

Hurts is surrounded with better talent and a far superior coaching staff. IMO the Eagles have the best coaching staff in the NFL.

But yeah, I see Hurts as a better version of Tyrod, very similar players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, LarryMadman said:

Hurts is surrounded with better talent and a far superior coaching staff. IMO the Eagles have the best coaching staff in the NFL.

But yeah, I see Hurts as a better version of Tyrod, very similar players.

What’s so similar about them? 🤔 is when Tyrod set a nfl record for consecutive wins against teams with winning records? Or when Tyrod outplayed Mahomes in the SB? Or when Tyrod finished runner up in the Sb? Or when Tyrod was the runner up for the Heisman after help win a national championship in college? What is some similar about them? 🤔

if you dare say Allen isn’t as good as Mahomes, people are ready to riot. But they love putting down other qbs. Hurts has a first year OC who has never had that job before (sound familiar?). Everyone laughed at their head coach when he was hired was nobody. But now you experts act like he was same genius when you never heard of him before the SB. 

Hurts is a baller and winner. Stop with lazy comparisons. 

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What’s so similar about them? 🤔 is when Tyrod set a nfl record for consecutive wins against teams with winning records? Or when Tyrod outplayed Mahomes in the SB? Or when Tyrod finished runner up in the Sb? Or when Tyrod was the runner up for the Heisman after help win a national championship in college? What is some similar about them? 🤔

if you dare say Allen isn’t as good as Mahomes, people are ready to riot. But they love putting down other qbs. Hurts has a first year OC who has never had that job before (sound familiar?). Everyone laughed at their head coach when he was hired was nobody. But now you experts act like he was same genius when you never heard of him before the SB. 

Hurts is a baller and winner. Stop with lazy comparisons. 

Similar in that he doesn't really see the field, pulls it down and runs if the 1st read isnt there, trouble throwing to certain spots, doesn't seem to throw guys open, decent deep ball, waits for guys to be college open, tons of 5-10 turn around and squat routs by WR, dump offs to RB all the time, no seem throws, etc etc. so yeah I think he is very similar to Tyrod and he was very Tyrodish against the Bills as before the last drive and OT he was a whopping 10-19 127 yards and 10 runds for 35 yards, those are truely stellar numbers for an MVP candidate for more than 58 minutes, no? Good runner below average QB, a better version of Tyrod but surrounded by really good talent and superior coaching, prove me wrong, so take your lazy compairsons take and stick it!

Edited by LarryMadman

45 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

Similar in that he doesn't really see the field, pulls it down and runs if the 1st read isnt there, trouble throwing to certain spots, doesn't seem to throw guys open, decent deep ball, waits for guys to be college open, tons of 5-10 turn around and squat routs by WR, dump offs to RB all the time, no seem throws, etc etc. so yeah I think he is very similar to Tyrod and he was very Tyrodish against the Bills as before the last drive and OT he was a whopping 10-19 127 yards and 10 runds for 35 yards, those are truely stellar numbers for an MVP candidate for more than 58 minutes, no? Good runner below average QB, a better version of Tyrod but surrounded by really good talent and superior coaching, prove me wrong, so take your lazy compairsons take and stick it!

His numbers have gotten better every year. Last year, they were murdering teams so he didn’t get to stat pad like other qbs. This year with a first time OC (we just fired one of those), there has been an adjustment period. Now he is showing he is able to come back against  the best teams. 

again, Heisman trophy finalist; mostly likely at worst back to back mvp finalist; 400 yards in the SB.  Yeah, he is like Tyrod as Alex Smith is to Brady. 

On 11/27/2023 at 11:38 PM, HappyDays said:

I time stamped it to the exact point in the video. It goes until 7:30.

It's mind blowing. The exact same spot on the field over and over and over again, and we never adjusted. Great breakdown by Dan Orlovsky.

Kind of off topic, but Dan Orlovsky is the only person on this panel that has a clue. I feel bad for him, putting so much work in while his coworkers make fools of themselves. Take it from me and don't bother watching anything before the time stamp or after 7:30.

this is play design 101… you use the same formation and get them guess the play call but you bury in the play option thst exploits thst defense if they anticipate that play

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Has one of the few good people left at ESPN finally had enough?…

Removed the network from his bio and tweeted this..

I started and OTW topic on it also.  He's walking is my guess.  He's not spitting the hot takes like the other hosts so he's not good for TV (in the eyes of espn).  And I don't even like him because he likes the bills/Allen.  He has slammed both in the past.  But he's probably the only unbiased person on the whole show and has the knowledge to back it up other than "did you look at the stat sheet?"

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

Nevermind that Dan Orlovsky, as a white guy, has to deal with subtle racism from these dudes about Josh Allen.  

He’ll never call it out, except maybe when he leaves ESPN, but he knows it’s there.   

Mina Kimes gonna be the last one standing over there in terms of having anything intelligent/unbiased to say. 

33 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Nevermind that Dan Orlovsky, as a white guy, has to deal with subtle racism from these dudes about Josh Allen.  

He’ll never call it out, except maybe when he leaves ESPN, but he knows it’s there.   

Mina Kimes gonna be the last one standing over there in terms of having anything intelligent/unbiased to say. 

I'd like to believe this isn't true but there are just some guys that seem pretty biased in that respect.  Including one of the MVP voters.

On 11/28/2023 at 11:57 AM, Toyo321 said:

We need to put Von on IR and bench him permanently. He is only going through the motions and he was literally walking on the field in this game.   The play was not over and he was in the vicinity of the offensive player, that had the ball,  and he is walking towards the play.   He should never suit up as a Buffalo Bills player again.  We some how need to trade or dump this guy in the offseason.  He is completely washed up and is now a wasted roster spot, him being paid a stupid amount of money killed this team this year.  Because Beane did not write anything into his contract to get this guy out of his contract if something like this happened performance wise.  Injuries happen, but the player is also responsible for admitting when he can perform up to a certain standard required to keep a active roster spot.

IMO he should not see the field as a Bill ever again.  Beane completely struck out on this FA signing for sure, injury or not this contract should never had happened.

Good post. And this was before we knew that he's OJ junior. 

On 11/27/2023 at 11:53 PM, QB Bills said:

If I had to guess, I think that catch and run by tyreek hill in the 13 seconds game (right before the final Davis TD) has given McDoormat PTSD. Ever since then he is so terrified of giving up a long TD that he concedes yards at the ends of close games to the point where he's willing to give up a field goal attempt and take his chances. Granted, yesterday's kick was borderline miraculous, but it still shouldn't have gotten to that point.

This is spot on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.