McD on late game decisions - "Hindsight is always 20/20"

HomeskillitMoorman

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/sean-mcdermott-on-questioning-late-game-decisions-hindsight-is-always-20-20

This guy does not get it. At all. 

No, it's not hindsight. It's being prepared for late game situations. He's not prepared for them after 7 years on the top job and after 22 years of coaching in the NFL. 

I have never seen anyone take on less accountability than this clown. Who will the next scapegoat be? 

I'm not sure at this point who I dislike more, McD the coach or McD the human being. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 11
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5
  • Dislike 2

It's like he's not ready for these obvious questions from the media and gives the worst answer possible. 

Sort of like how he is at high pressure situations in game, I'm seeing some parallels. 

Edited by Bruffalo
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/sean-mcdermott-on-questioning-late-game-decisions-hindsight-is-always-20-20

This guy does not get it. At all. 

No, it's not hindsight. It's being prepared for late game situations. He's not prepared for them after 7 years on the top job and after 22 years of coaching in the NFL. 

I have never seen anyone take on less accountability than this clown. Who will the next scapegoat be? 

I'm not sure at this point who I dislike more, McD the coach or McD the human being. 

Why would you dislike McD as a human being?  You literally dont know the guy personally.  

• Like (+1) 9
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

He's painted himself into a corner now with his calling TO's to give the opposing offense time to think. Absolutely 100% it it's costing the Bills wins, but he can't stop doing it because stopping doing it would prove himself wrong for having done it. 

I mean it’s certainly gone bad but a defensive timeout led to a huge 3rd down stop to keep Philly in fringe field goal range they just hit an absolute bomb.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Did he really say that? lol

He was dumb to throw away a timeout to "ice" the kicker.

I wouldnt have played for OT with 20 secs and a timeout....but I get why he did.

We should have had 2 timeouts and 20 seconds and he would have gone for the win. 

If youre gonna play for OT and take it to OT.....at least dont be that soft on defense....my god. Pathetic mentality. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Why would you dislike McD as a human being?  You literally dont know the guy personally.  

Because everything with him is deflecting accountability. It's the fault of his coordinators, bad luck, or in this case it's just hindsight.

It's not like you can be prepared for late game management scenarios. Oh wait...yes you can.

For example, if you were down 4 with 1 minute left and no timeouts and it was 4th and 1 at the goal line and you decided to take a field goal and attempt an onside kick and it doesn't work...it's not hindsight to say it was horrible game management. It would have been horrible game management even if it worked. And I would say it for the other way around too. I have disliked McD for a long time but I defended him when we went for it on 4th and goal, down 3, with 1 second left or whatever it was vs the Titans a couple of years ago when we didn't get it. It didn't work out, but it was absolutely the right call to go for it there. That's what you do as a Head Coach, put your team in the best position to succeed. 

But questioning these decisions isn't Hindsight like he said, it's just being prepared for them. He rarely ever is and he makes the same mistakes over and over and over again and has been for 7 years now. 

Yes, I don't like someone that tries to pawn off accountability onto others and to completely deflect from themselves for their own horrific decisions. It's not a good character trait. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

He's painted himself into a corner now with his calling TO's to give the opposing offense time to think. Absolutely 100% it it's costing the Bills wins, but he can't stop doing it because stopping doing it would prove himself wrong for having done it. 

He doesn't think well on his feet in pressure situations.  That's why he uses the timeouts.  I don't think it's a philosophy or strategy or anything.  He just doesn't trust himself and his players to make the right call or play under pressure.  We all know people like this (or we may even be that guy).  That's why you see these asinine late game timeouts that seemingly help the opposition more than us, and see a future HOF quarterback with 350 yards and 4 TDs already under his belt kneeling out the clock with 20 seconds and 1 time out in a MUST WIN GAME.  This panicked loser mentality undoubtedly rubs off on the players. 

Can you imagine Allen and these guys under a truly confident, decisive and ballsy leader? 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Did he really say that? lol

He was dumb to throw away a timeout to "ice" the kicker.

I wouldnt have played for OT with 20 secs and a timeout....but I get why he did.

We should have had 2 timeouts and 20 seconds and he would have gone for the win. 

If youre gonna play for OT and take it to OT.....at least dont be that soft on defense....my god. Pathetic mentality. 

He played so damn soft in OT.  You could almost sense he would have been satisfied with a tie.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.