The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, Surrender Edition

Chaos

Bills surrendered twice in this game. Once with 20 seconds left, with a time out and only needing a FG to win.   Next, on third and seven driving towards a TD, the Bills should have been playing four down football and going for the TD and the win on the road. The two surrenders combined cost the Bills the game. 

The Good

Nothing. The chances for a championship season are over.  

The Bad

Horrible coach coached horribly.  Josh Allen could have beaten the Eagles and the Refs combined, if Sean McDermott had stayed home in Buffalo.   As is The Bills faced three opponents, The Eagles, the Refs, and their increasingly inept head coach. 

The Ugly

The officiating in the first half was as bad as I have ever seen.  The non-calls in the second half were tragic. The Bills as an organization won't say anything about it.  They are the Washington Generals compared to the other top NFL Teams Harlem Globetrotters and won't say a thing.  

The ugliest thing is the bleak near term future.  A bad head coach. A terrible cap situation. An over the hill defense.  

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

if Pegs does not fire McD over the bye week, he is gutless also.  

McMedicore.  

Don't think he will and don't expect him to.

I do what has ass gone at the end of THIS YEAR though.

Enough is enough.

It's going to take a WHILE to rebuild with a new guy...get the process going.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Enough is enough.

You're likely right.  But I'd like to see if Brady as HC/OC and Babbich as DC could do something.  Better than this current mediocre (if even that) mess of a HC and his terrible in game decisions.  

Edited by RyanC883

Wow this is an unbelievable thread

We played the best team in the nfl and the refs you can't beat both we have tried.

Gabe ran the route for an out and should of been in.

Coach did not block the field goal or miss the other. 

Or watch a player catch the ball in front of him like Douglas did.

3 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

We played the best team in the nfl and the refs you can't beat both we have tried.

Eagles hit every improbable play possible and we blew two fgs, an easy td to cook, and an easy td to Davis in OT.

that 3rd and 15 jump ball to Zaccheaus and made fg 59 yards into the wind and rain are like 1 in 20 tries type plays.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Eagles hit every improbable play possible and we blew two fgs, an easy td to cook, and an easy td to Davis in OT.

that 3rd and 15 jump ball to Zaccheaus and made fg 59 yards into the wind and rain are like 1 in 20 tries type plays.  

Ok.  But the dumbass coach played as if he had no clue the Eagles kicker had that potential.  

The Ugly - Shawn Hochuli ignoring the horse collar on Josh, then ignoring the fact that Gabe Davis was in the area (he picked up the *****in' football!!!!) to make a ridiculous IG call which arguably took 7 points off the board for us.  Should have been 1st and goal inside the 2.  Hochuli needs to be investigated by the FBI.  How the hell does the booth in NYC let that stand?  The NFL is a joke.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Enough is enough.

He deserves the end of the year, even the most stinkiest of buttholes would agree with that.  He earned that.  After this year his ass needs to go though 

6 hours ago, scuba guy said:

Zach Wilson led Jets, Mac Jones led Pats, Russel Wilson led Broncos, near disaster NYG led Tyrod Taylor, the losing cincy team, shall we go on?  That's just this year

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The Ugly - Shawn Hochuli ignoring the horse collar on Josh, then ignoring the fact that Gabe Davis was in the area (he picked up the *****in' football!!!!) to make a ridiculous IG call which arguably took 7 points off the board for us.  Should have been 1st and goal inside the 2.  Hochuli needs to be investigated by the FBI.  How the hell does the booth in NYC let that stand?  The NFL is a joke.

Just rewatched the game and that play should have been called dead because the ball bounced off the crown of reddick's helmet.   This crew was brutal.   Too many non calls on the Eagles secondary.   Holding and PI were not called when obvious.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

The Ugly

The officiating in the first half was as bad as I have ever seen.  The non-calls in the second half were tragic. The Bills as an organization won't say anything about it.  They are the Washington Generals compared to the other top NFL Teams Harlem Globetrotters and won't say a thing.  

The ugliest thing is the bleak near term future.  A bad head coach. A terrible cap situation. An over the hill defense.  

Agree with the officiating part but no organization is really going to say anything about officiating.  Too many penalties for doing so.  They aren't allowed by the NFL to criticize refs to the public.  However, I would have liked to see McD a little fired up at the refs.  Harbaugh and other coaches certainly do that.

• Chaos changed the title to The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, Surrender Edition

Bass choked, their kicker didn’t.

But losing another close game at the end and losing yet another OT game in the McDermott era is not unlucky anymore, it’s poor coaching. Whatever the opposite of clutch is, i suppose choke, is what McDermott’s defense has been.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

McMedicore.  

He should, so he can get a jump on the candidates for next year. More likely, he waits until the season is over, and we get the 3rd or 4th guy off the stack. 

I would take the best OC available for head coach and to call plays. Then get a defensive retread with a similar scheme to coach up the D.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

He should, so he can get a jump on the candidates for next year. More likely, he waits until the season is over, and we get the 3rd or 4th guy off the stack. 

I would take the best OC available for head coach and to call plays. Then get a defensive retread with a similar scheme to coach up the D.

Would any OC of calibre leave their current position right now, considering their franchise be in a play off fight? Best the Bills could do is perhaps promote Shula for the interim period and then... Holcomb to DC?

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Have you been paying attention to the FBI these days? We’d be lucky if they could even find WNY! 😉

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Would any OC of calibre leave their current position right now, considering their franchise be in a play off fight? Best the Bills could do is perhaps promote Shula for the interim period and then... Holcomb to DC?

No, I'd say in the offseason. Do the thing where you conduct interviews during the playoffs, and then as soon as the season ends, announce the new coach. 

I like the Lions OC Johnson after seeing their offense evolve the past 2 years. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

McMedicore.  

As much as I would like to fire McD, it should be at the end of the season barring a AFC championship appearance at the minimum. 

We still are in the hunt and actually look like we are turning a corner. If we could only put together a complete game in all three phases, I think we could really crush any team we come across. To include Philly last night. Because of that, you gotta let McD try and right the ship. If we miss the playoffs, at that point, fire him in season so we can start looking for a new HC immediately. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.