McDermott is wrong for the right reasons

FireChans

We all know McD wants complementary football, he wants a strong running attack to help control TOP. There are mixed opinions on this.

The reason McD wants this is because:

1. This defense is not that good (and significantly injured)

2. Josh Allen turns the ball over to turn wins into losses

Just now, we lost an Eagles game where we had 10 pt lead for a large portion of the game.

The Eagles started to come back, but we matched them for score. Until Josh threw, yet another, bad decision INT, gave them the short field, which gave them the lead and control of this game.

Josh Allen is incapable of playing clean football, and this is going to continue to cost the Bills wins.  Maybe McD is right and ball control is the way to go.

I personally think we need to surround Josh with playmakers so when he, inevitably it seems, tries to give the game away, we can score fast and outpace his mental errors.

But McD isn't wrong about the problem, I think he's wrong about the solution.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Dislike 2

Josh needs more playmakers but he played great today outside of that one play. I can very much live with the way he played today if it means 1 turnover. 

He was on and McD didn't even give him a shot with 20 seconds. He burned a ridiculous timeout leading up too. We have a top echelon QB, you HAVE to take your shots with 20 seconds and what should have been 2 timeouts. Absolutely have to. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McD hasn't adjusted to today's NFL.  The game changes very quickly, as in 2 to 3 years quickly.  He's just not a good coach.  Team has plenty of talent.  Def too much talent to MISS the playoffs altogether.  No more excuses for that guy.  His time is done.  Thanks for him doing his thing for a few years, but he's in over his head at this point.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Are you a member of the national media ? 

I'm trying to decide who else could watch this game and think Josh Allen was any part of the reason that we lost. 

We dominated the Eagles by 15 minutes of TOP. 

Ball control doesn't matter if your DEF can't get a stop in 4th Q/OT. 

We lost, in part, because Josh gave the Eagles 6 points and the lead.

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Are you a member of the national media ? 

I'm trying to decide who else could watch this game and think Josh Allen was any part of the reason that we lost. 

We dominated the Eagles by 15 minutes of TOP. 

Ball control doesn't matter if your DEF can't get a stop in 4th Q/OT. 

Our defense got two stops in the second half. Our offense scored 14 and gave them 6.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We all know McD wants complementary football, he wants a strong running attack to help control TOP. There are mixed opinions on this.

Just now, we lost an Eagles game where we had 10 pt lead for a large portion of the game.

The Eagles started to come back, but we matched them for score. Until Josh threw, yet another, bad decision INT, gave them the short field, which gave them the lead and control of this game.

Josh Allen is incapable of playing clean football, and this is going to continue to cost the Bills wins.  Maybe McD is right and ball control is the way to go.

I personally think we need to surround Josh with playmakers so when he, inevitably it seems, tries to give the game away, we can score fast and outpace his mental errors.

People want to ignore Allen's INTs.  His horrible throw into double coverage that was intercepted.  Eagles just closed the game with in three.  Soon they had the lead.  McD has his blame but there is a lot to spread around.

Josh threw 2 TDs and ran 2 more and should have had a 5th one if Gabe ran the right route hell shouldn't he have had a 6th one if Cook could catch the ball? How about the defense makes some stops at the end of the game. 🤷‍♂️

We're not even counting the times he got us in FG range but missed.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If you’re QB gives you 400 yards of offense and 4 touchdowns, your team should either win handily or be able to survive one poor decision in the game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, FireChans said:

McD IS THE MAIN PROBLEM.  

• Agree 1

Their offence gets 34 points , over 500 yards, Josh throws gets over 425 yards and 4 TDS.

In BAD weather…

And your takeaway is Josh didn’t play clean enough football?

You know the eagles turned it over twice right?

Did hurts play clean enough football to win?

I’ve seen some rough takes, this may take the cake 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

If you’re QB gives you 400 yards of offense and 4 touchdowns, your team should either win handily or be able to survive one poor decision in the game. 

Apparently not. We lost. And Josh's TO gave the Eagles their first lead since the second Q when they were already whipping our D in the second half.

• Vomit 1

15 minutes ago, FireChans said:

OMG you watched that game and came away with this conclusion. 

Allen had one bad pass on a great play by the defender in what 60 attempts. He made numerous amazing plays.

Allen wins despite his support staff. 

The book on McDermott and his defense has been written. He pads his stats against garage QBs and he can't stop any of the good ones.  He is an absolute fraud and many of us have known it for years.

I truly hope the Dolphins falter so that week 17 matters.  Then he should be coaching for his job. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The BIlls are missing Milano and Daquan Jones. Other teams around the league have injuries as well.

Douglas is playing better than Tre White.

The Buffalo Bills defense under Sean McDermott continues to choke in the biggest ways, in the biggest games, under his watch.

The Bills gave up 30 points from the mid-3rd quarter until the end of the game. That’s 30 points in about a half of football in the biggest game of the year.

Sean McDermott needs to go. End of story.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

OMG you watched that game and came away with this conclusion. 

Allen had one bad pass on a great play by the defender in what 60 attempts. He made numerous amazing plays.

Allen wins despite his support staff. 

The book on McDermott and his defense has been written. He pads his stats against garage QBs and he can't stop any of the good ones.  He is an absolute fraud and many of us have known it for years.

I truly hope the Dolphins falter so that week 17 matters.  Then he should be coaching for his job. 

So if McD beats the Dolphins in week 17, he should keep his job?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.